Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

Disease

Retro Rocket
HSC
wikiwiki said:
you don't have a right to preach to me.
Yes I do. I have the right to say whatever I please. You have the right not to listen, and you also have the right to say whatever you please in return.

princessj

PRINCESS JACKLIN!!!
HSC
Disease said:
While I do believe, like you, that Jesus was the son of God, when you start talking to people like that it's people like you who are leading the world downhill. There was that Christian pastor in Victoria or somewhere a few months ago who was charged because he was stating his beliefs that other religions were wrong in public. Now I honestly think that is disgraceful. It's what the world is coming to though. People are becoming too afraid to offend anyone. It's not right. It's not what this country is about. It is at least not what this country should be about. We were established as a supposedly free country. Free speech is what we have. It is at least what we should have.

Anyway, by your restricting people of other religions to not be able to say what they believe you are also restricting your own rights. The role of Christians on earth is to "Go forth and make disciples of all nations", and if you haven't got freedom of speech to do so it won't be very easy. Realise this and move on.

And thus my rant is complete. I hope it has been most enligtening for you.
hay! my point was not to talk about other religions or people... my point is not to say contradictory things... and before u shoot telling me im im depriving ppl of thier rights or quoting things from the bible... try not to judge ay... i could sit here and say 'christianty tells us not to judge one another.

princessj

PRINCESS JACKLIN!!!
HSC
HotShot said:
princessj is lost if she thinks the other statement is offensive, well hers would be classified as offensive as well. but something more important,

difference between sheikh and imam? pls one more
sharia or islamic law unfair to women? is it?

oh how nice...
just realized wat i said now has all u ppl attacking me ay.'
no worries

all i said was lets not get into areas iin which different religions contradict... thats all... dont know wat u guys went on constueing

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
princessj said:
im a christian and so very proud of what god has done for me.... keep and open mind and a kind heart and you will see his grace at work...... christianity is a peaceful religion unlike some others that encourage thier believers to hurt anyone who isnt christian and they as a whole cause distruption and destrucion in the greater society. on the other hand in christianity christians are diven by love and kindess even told to pray for thier enemies rather than hate them....
everyone wants peace... christ's house (the church) is where to find it at its warmth.
yes that doesnt contradict other religions, dont talk about other religions when you dont know about it. tell me one religion that encourages thier believers to hurt anyone, there is no religion like that it may be like that from others prespectives but the religion encourages peace. we dont necessarily need the church to feels its warmth, my home is fine!

Generator

HSC
N/A
princessj said:
i could sit here and say 'christianty tells us not to judge one another.
I'm sure that you (and many, if not most, other christians) were away when they went through that part of the bible in church/bible studies/sunday school, though.

Disease

Retro Rocket
HSC
princessj said:
hay! my point was not to talk about other religions or people... my point is not to say contradictory things... and before u shoot telling me im im depriving ppl of thier rights or quoting things from the bible... try not to judge ay... i could sit here and say 'christianty tells us not to judge one another.
..ok. But I don't see how someone saying Jesus was just a prophet is contradictory. It is merely conradictory to your beliefs.. so is Islam beliefs. So is Buddhist beliefs. So what?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
HotShot said:
well i heard if a women commits adultery she is stoned to that? that doesnt seem fair?
um yes im a woman and i think its fair
and no its not only for women
the rule applies to MALES... as much as it does 2 females
2 ppl commit adultery with 3 witnesses as proof etc
they get that punishment( in a country where sharia law is applicable)
its fair..remember 4 MALES as much as it applies to women..

plus if you dont want that punishment dont commit adultery
the punishment is there more or less to stop ppl from commiting such a sin..
if you're going to be stupid enough to do so knowing if you get caught what the consequences are then such is life for you

it doenst apply to rape or if a woman is pregnmant they dont stone her etc

HotShot

-_-
HSC
um

those pictures are fake, dude nowadays manipulation of photos is just too easy.

why stone them to death? thats not fair, comparing it to the current law.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
HotShot said:

um its islamic sharia law
something that has been around since islam began 2500 years ago
it hasnt changed and why should it?
dont do the crime ..simple as that
atleast not in a country where sharia law is applicable
in islam its a major sin..major crime with a major punishment
just like they used to hang people in the olden days or public beheadding or whip people for whatever criomes they did

in islamic sharia law this is the law passed down and thats what happens
its FAIR... in my eyes..some may not agree with it
muslims do..in a muslim country where it is applied
why should you care..?

get_born

HotShot said:

some people know good from bad naturally...it may seem harsh because your used to Western law. Heck i think its a bit much, but only because im so used to the western system. Hey...but think about it for a moment, if those laws were around, although it seemsharsh, everyone would be to scared to commit the crime in the first place.

For eg. someone may commit adultery, in a western country you cant really get punished by the law, whereas if the person got stoned, although they are punished, everyone else who knows of it, wont even think about doing it. Heck you probably wouldnt do it - youd be to scared just coz the law is in place.

But in the end everyone has their own opinion.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
but is that made bad to be stoned to death? cos many of these westerners see as it as an unfair discriminative law.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
soha said:
um its islamic sharia law
something that has been around since islam began 2500 years ago
it hasnt changed and why should it?
dont do the crime ..simple as that
atleast not in a country where sharia law is applicable
in islam its a major sin..major crime with a major punishment
just like they used to hang people in the olden days or public beheadding or whip people for whatever criomes they did

in islamic sharia law this is the law passed down and thats what happens
its FAIR... in my eyes..some may not agree with it
muslims do..in a muslim country where it is applied
why should you care..?
wats with it "why should you care" attitude, is it really a major sin? like thats equivalent to murder or worse. to kill someone is a sin itself isnt especially for doing something that really isnt much when compared to the other stuff that goes on (murders, genocides .. so on) a good example is Saddam Hussein, i mean him who had committed atrocities didnt even get stoned to death.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
and also things are supposed to change over time, its natural its evolving, even the westerners had laws like beheading and so on, but they slowly changed over time to the extent that they do not exist anymore (perhaps in a few countries). so thats no excuse, who determined the sharia law?

get_born

HotShot said:
and also things are supposed to change over time, its natural its evolving, even the westerners had laws like beheading and so on, but they slowly changed over time to the extent that they do not exist anymore (perhaps in a few countries). so thats no excuse, who determined the sharia law?

your right things are meant to change - but religion isnt a thing. Which why the Quran is so cool - its never been changed or what you call updated.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
whos law is sharia law?
its islamic law
the law of God
we dont change religon because over time its p[erceived as harsh?

islam ruled for 1000 years under these laws and there was peace and harmony..we've ruled for longer and better then any empire to ever rule
in the world..

sadam hussein is an evil man and he was never punished because he was an opressive leader..how can he be stoned when he rules the country and they didnt even follow those rules in iraq neways?

plus he will get his punishment in islam for the hereafter there is 3 groups of people who will definately enter hellfire and opressive leaders are one of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)