Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Active, practising Christian (Presbyterian) ever since I can remember. A religion where God loves us, which motivates us to do what he wants, do good works, etc, rather than where we 'love' God, and do good works and acts of worship out of fear.

cluelesschild

HSC
krumper said:
Gotta love that Islamic tolerance right there. And he/she is doing Religious Studies Unit 1 zzzz.

I'm christian and was raised a Christian since I was born but jesus doesnt rock my boat anymore. Still seeking a deeper meaning of life.
people there is OBVIOUSLY a meaning/purpose of life... we don't purely exist to be born,grow,produce,die. and for you seeking a deeper meaning of life you are on the right path. ok i want to ask this question: we have a soul right? for those who don't believe that lol go throw yourselves off a cliff(im joking). anyway my point being is that the purpose of life is to try and retain that soul pure so that when we die and it exists our bodies and this world we can be worthy of entering paradise in our eternal destination the hereafter. people for your own sakes seek meaning to life this is your test don't live life blindly and always remember that no one is promised tomorrow death can stroke us anywhere, anytime.

bassistx

HSC
krumper said:
I'm christian and was raised a Christian since I was born but jesus doesnt rock my boat anymore. Still seeking a deeper meaning of life.
There's a fantastic book called Buddhism by Donald S. Lopez. This book will change your life, whether you're Buddhist or not. Love it - most of it, anyway :)

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Christianity for me... I guess it's mostly because my folks are christian and so I always had to go to Church when i was little, The funny thing is though except for my mother the entire side of her family is muslim.

Oh and on a side note the coolest religion = Buddhism...when i stayed in japan my host father was a Buddhist Priest (Their house incorporated the local temple, they even had the huge bell out the front). Well anyway we had a party on our first night there he wound up drunk and naked, lying under the table. funniest thing ever.

jcurry

HSC
brought up a catholic and have onlyver gone to catholic schools
these catholic schools ruined my faith and thankfully im an atheist/agnostic now
couldnt be happier, to me religion just creates conflict

boris

Banned
HSC
Not religious.

Why?

Brought up Catholic. Ruined it for me.

B

benmyatt

Was brought up in a relatively Christian household.
Stopped going to church because of people who really do not practice what they preach. I hear this all too often.
Went crazy for a while, re-discovering/exploring my faith atm.
If i have learnt one thing, it's that everything takes time.
Even though im a very 'now' person.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
wandering around, lost in the wilderness.

why?

i dont know :)

SiN3m

HSC
i leive in Islam yes...i don't eat pork and i beleive in Allah

BUT i'm religious. i don't wear a head-scrf, i beleive in morals of religion, which because they are the same as the other major religions, i respect them too...

and plz if ur gonna comment on it don't...we dnt need anymore discrimination because i used 2 words in this post coz if u ment u wudn't even know it

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
SiN3m said:
i leive in Islam yes...i don't eat pork and i beleive in Allah

BUT i'm religious. i don't wear a head-scrf, i beleive in morals of religion, which because they are the same as the other major religions, i respect them too...

and plz if ur gonna comment on it don't...we dnt need anymore discrimination because i used 2 words in this post coz if u ment u wudn't even know it
discrimination is unfair treatment of groups or individuals due to prejudice

commenting on a set of ideas you believe isn't unfair or prejudiced :D

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I'm a Fundamentalist Christian non-Virgin who espouses Social Liberal values, because I really don't care what other people choose to do with their lives.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
what do your parents think about you being homosexual?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
yeh it's good you have at least have someone whom you can be yourself with.

PoisedTiger007

HSC
To atheists.

If you deny God's existence, then how do you explain the perfection of nature? Could it possibly be just coincidence? I don't think so!

How is it that matter came from no matter when the Big Bang occurred, and time came from no time?
Think rationally, and you'll soon realise the reality of God's existence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)