Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

totalnoob

HSC
I'm technically christian but becoming more aetheist/humanist with buddhist overtones, but it's not really important because the world takes religion a little too seriously these days. I mean, in the end religion is just a construct made to answer the unanswerable and give security to people's lives. Anyway that's what I believe.

Btw if god is a figment of your imagination then a lot of people must be imagining a lot of strange things.

And if Allah and Jesus battled then Jesus would get all ghetto gospel on his ass

HSC
I'm technically christian but becoming more aetheist/humanist with buddhist overtones, but it's not really important because the world takes religion a little too seriously these days. I mean, in the end religion is just a construct made to answer the unanswerable and give security to people's lives. Anyway that's what I believe.

Btw if god is a figment of your imagination then a lot of people must be imagining a lot of strange things.

And if Allah and Jesus battled then Jesus would get all ghetto gospel on his ass
none of us have denied this.

we acknowledge that the majority of the worlds population are of a very low educational standard. that is why we find it so confusing when someone from an apparently forward thinking and free country like australia would believe in 2000yr old moon god batshit like religion. we dont like ragging on muslims or christians in particular (except muslims cos they are dirty and terrorists) just religion in general because the entire concept of it is retarded and outdated and an educated person should realise this. i accept sand niggers in africa may not because they arent even smart enough to realise that if you shit in your water its not good the drink, but someone who has been educated by the australian education system should know the difference.

this is why the atheists of bos think you are all batshit insane moon god worshipping backwards uneducated dumbcunt retards

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Go islam!

If allah and jesus battled, I'd vote for allah

u can just tell the dude fights dirty...
Duh.
If you're a Muslim, then Jesus would just be a human to you.
If you're a Christian, then they're the same person, trying to beat themselves up, Tyler Durdan style.

silverpebble

HSC
Agnostic, although my dad is Catholic so I pray to Jesus and Mary too, I have a Buddhist worldview but I can reconcile it with liberal Christianity. I often have conversations with humans in my head as well as deities so the whole "figment of your imagination" argument doesn't really phase me.. I know it's all in my head, what your senses capture is all in your head too.. I spend most of the time in there. This reality kind of sucks as Buddha said, "life is pain." :p When I tell myself I'm just connecting with a concept, I feel a little more detached but in practice it's a permeating perspective that shapes my entire purpose for being.

We can always do more research but I don't think I had pure choice regarding my beliefs. My temperament and upbringing are huge motivational factors, so despite the frustrations of relativity, I try to focus on universal values- compassion leads to happiness etc. Believing in rebirth will reinforce the cause and effect of ethical intentions but we needn't wait until an afterlife to reap what we sow, so even if I die and lapse into an eternal sleep, I would've had nothing to lose. All that matters now is trying to diminish the fear and suffering we have in this life. Research has shown a correlation between decreased stress and believing in a higher power as spiritual practices foster hope, meaning, comfort and peace when coping with challenges in life. I'm not sure what this higher power is, all I intuit is that the ultimate self-awareness is inseparable from something greater than ourselves, whether it be the interdependent goodness of humanity, naturalistic objectivity, God, etc. 0.o I'm still willing to hold some apparently contradictory ideas in my head and be inspired by whatever makes sense to me at the time.. Every perspective is a part of the puzzle, even if it's false, you can't get epiphanies without learning curves. I like to think there are various paths, all leading to the same mountain top. I like the idea of rebirth because it means my spirit can continue to learn. If my current beliefs are false, I want to grow out of them.

There's nothing wrong with accommodating your sense of security through a MINDSTATE. We all need something- religion is not the only crutch people use to get through their lives.

farfelnator

HSC
Agnostic.

I'm an indecisive fuck.
I hate how people classify agnosticism as another religious belief/affiliation/whatever. It is not. You just do not know the answers to anything outside our own physical realm that no human can properly comprehend, and cannot believe in something as simple as the Gods that have been written about in religious texts, by humans.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Lolwut? So agnostics shouldn't be classified as such because they don't care about the answer, so they don't actually have a place on the religious spectrum?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I hate how people classify agnosticism as another religious belief/affiliation/whatever. It is not. You just do not know the answers to anything outside our own physical realm that no human can properly comprehend, and cannot believe in something as simple as the Gods that have been written about in religious texts, by humans.
OK, Tafe boy.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Christianity

Because if there is no God,
life is purposeless,
morality is relative
and death is the end.

I looked at other religions,
and felt Jesus Christ was the most trustworthy, through his character and actions, as depicted in the four gospels.

rowdyroddy

HSC
im an islam
all of you bow down to allah
kill the western culture, 700 virgins in heaven for you all
ALLAH AKBAR!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)