Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

Mongke

HSC
as i see it, if youre religious or if youre atheist it amounts to the same thing. but if youre agnostic you dont believe in anything. i find that the most annoying out of all the Bible bashing and anti-religious cults.

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
webby, it is hard to distance yourself from what youve been taught from a young age but it can be done. often that process has ended in conversion to another religion or stepping into atheism or agnosticism. others like myself, have distanced themselves from their religion to discover themselves only to realise that the religion they were brought up with was indeed the right one for them after all, thus reinforcing their faith.

athiests themselves fall into the problem of not distanciong themselves from their ideology. theyd have been brought up athiests and are very dogmatic about it because its what they are familiar with(not all of course). in the end, athiesm is also a ideology with which you can be brought up with ad hold strongly to. many of my friends were brought up athiests and they are fairly dogmatic about it.

KYKYJ

HSC
ur signiture really got to me. . It made me realise that our lives are but a breath to god and wateva we do on earth should be done in preparation for the eternity we have ahead of us. .
When i get to those pearly gates all i wanna hear is
"well done my good and faithful servant"

Nodice

HSC
Catholic Christian.
The way I see it is that there is the creator god, but our minds cannot fathom the whole extent of it... for instance, the holy trinity - 3 beings in 1... The beauty and order in the world is part of Gods creation, and I believe that the search for truth and the scientific explanation for our world is all part of God's plan. Why do people believe? One could say that it helps explain to us what we cannot fathom - such as death, as webby pointed out - others perhaps as a moral guidline and as order in the world, whilst others have experienced it in some way, or as a comfort. I believe that it explains things we cannot (infinity for instance) and is an expression of the good nature in life.
Hey, even if God doesnt exist, the notion still has many positive effects - I mean, asking us to sacrifice and give up for something greater are great notions indeed.

Last edited:

sphinxtress

HSC
I am catholic and attend church once every fortnight. I was brought up catholic so i have always practiced it. Knowing that someone out there (i.e. God) is watching over me comforts my neurotic and paranoid soul

K.J.

HSC
Christian..hard to say from what denomination...But I honestly think that it's not important. We follow the same God don't we?

Was brought up in a christian home, my grandfather was an anglican minister and I count myself blessed to have that heritage..Not saying you need it or anything, but it is a blessing.
I believe it, not because I think I can prove it (what in life can you prove?) but because I would rather believe in something, than nothing, and because God makes sense to me. Hasn't always, but does now.

Scorch

HSC
wm_abusef said:
Coptic Orthodox. (ie Christian)

Coptics are the descendants of the Ancient Egyptians.
Interesting. I'm a christian, I go to a christian school, so it's quite good to feel that everyone else most likely shares your faith.

I thought the coptic language was more of a greek script, oh, but the ptolemies. Oh well, I digress.

sarzosarz

HSC
i'm spiritual not religious..mine is an eclectic mix of pagan wicca buddhism christianity new age kind of belief.. because all religions n spiritualities contain universal truths

jack.obrien

HSC
if u dont mind, please read this with an open heart and mind, take it in n dont be afraid to ask questions....

there is definately a god out there, he exists...all u have to do is ask him into ur life. if is no coincidence that we r on this planet, not just a simple 'bang' and wow, here we are...no, god created us n has a purpose for everyones lives.

god loves all of us, all we have to do is love him back! humble urself and recognise that there is sin in ur life n u will try n avoid it, live ur life as jesus would've if he hadnt given his life as a sacrifice for our sins.

jesus existed. he rose again. this is fact. historians have proven that he existed and his apostles existed and were honourable men, meaning that wen they say jesus rose and spoke to them, it is tru. he is alive and can live in us all....if only we ask him.

god can work thru ur lives in so many ways. once u ask him into ur life, u become born again of the spirit, which is such an amazing, breathtaking experience. jesus said it is the only way to heaven, otherwise we will perish for eternity in hell.

we dont want to be the 'next' generation. lets be the 'NOW' generation!! once u welcome god into ur life, things change, miracles happen and u can see them, u have a purpose to live for (goin to hang out in heaven!)

go along and visit ur local bible-based church (christian outrecach centre is awesome, but there are many others out there!), where they have an awesome praise and worship team with cool music and awesome preachers, n u wont look back. once u r saved, u will b changed for the better! AMEN!

(p.s. sorry if i have offended anyone, i just have such a passion for seeing people touched by god and living for the guy who has a plan for u and gave his life for u. sorry if u want to ignore this, but its a choice u make and u really dont know what ur missin out on.

if u want to know more, discuss it more or have any questions send me an email - jack_ob_27@hotmail.com or myspace.com/jack_ob_27 - im only too happy to show u the way!!)

I M J O S H

HSC
Atheist.

I believe the concept of an omnipotent being is moronic.

Seriously, it cracks me up just thinking about it.:haha:

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
i think i posted here. but heck. here goes again. this is me with a different view i think.

atheist. brought up that way.

but recently have this urge to believe. whatever religion. the security thing maybe? but then i realise you can't just believe cos you wanna believe. you believe cos you believe. and that ended my little spirtual path

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Damnit! This old thread says I voted for Christianity when I have changed!

Changed I say!

j_a_m_e_s

Big Member
HSC
jack.obrien said:
if u dont mind, please read this with an open heart and mind, take it in n dont be afraid to ask questions....

there is definately a god out there, he exists...all u have to do is ask him into ur life. if is no coincidence that we r on this planet, not just a simple 'bang' and wow, here we are...no, god created us n has a purpose for everyones lives.

god loves all of us, all we have to do is love him back! humble urself and recognise that there is sin in ur life n u will try n avoid it, live ur life as jesus would've if he hadnt given his life as a sacrifice for our sins.

jesus existed. he rose again. this is fact. historians have proven that he existed and his apostles existed and were honourable men, meaning that wen they say jesus rose and spoke to them, it is tru. he is alive and can live in us all....if only we ask him.

god can work thru ur lives in so many ways. once u ask him into ur life, u become born again of the spirit, which is such an amazing, breathtaking experience. jesus said it is the only way to heaven, otherwise we will perish for eternity in hell.

we dont want to be the 'next' generation. lets be the 'NOW' generation!! once u welcome god into ur life, things change, miracles happen and u can see them, u have a purpose to live for (goin to hang out in heaven!)

go along and visit ur local bible-based church (christian outrecach centre is awesome, but there are many others out there!), where they have an awesome praise and worship team with cool music and awesome preachers, n u wont look back. once u r saved, u will b changed for the better! AMEN!

(p.s. sorry if i have offended anyone, i just have such a passion for seeing people touched by god and living for the guy who has a plan for u and gave his life for u. sorry if u want to ignore this, but its a choice u make and u really dont know what ur missin out on.

if u want to know more, discuss it more or have any questions send me an email - jack_ob_27@hotmail.com or myspace.com/jack_ob_27 - im only too happy to show u the way!!)
There is no god. It is ridiculously egotistical to believe that if there was "God" he would spend his time waiting for you to ask his forgiveness. Thats another problem with your religion, forgiveness. I completely agree that recognizing an act as wrong is important but I cant believe that people who live good lives without hurting anyone but are muslim for example deserve eternal punishment. Whereas a paedophile murderer who asks forgiveness will be taken into your heaven. If there is a supreme being he would be ashamed of you and all Christians for your gullibility and bigotry.

"God is dead"- Nietzche

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Both your religions suck.
Can't you retards cancel each other out or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)