Removal of Conics from Syllabus (1 Viewer)

qqmore

HSC
kurt.physics said:
Maybe we should make a partition? If we get enough, then it will stay the same?
petition u mean?

yea what they are doing to the 4u course is really really tragic.......... they should actually make it harder to improve standards rather than watering it down.

HSC
N/A
I don't want to reveal too much at this stage, but I can say that if they adopt the IEU's recommendations, the final syllabus will look very different from the draft.

P

pLuvia

kurt.physics said:
statistics is shitter than conics.
That's because you are thinking of high school stat which is rubbish

IMO conics was a very tedious and useless topic, better replaced by stats :)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
buchanan said:
Why don't you write a submission?

I did. Here it is:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab7/fourunit/submission3.pdf
PMA3 A more formal treatment of functions is required, e.g., f(x) : R → R : x 7→ x3.

Yes! The whole course is built on functions but it's never made clear what a function is.

MA5 Students should be able to solve dN/dt = kN

This is also sensible since it's already halfway in there already

HSC
N/A
buchanan said:
I don't want to reveal too much at this stage, but I can say that if they adopt the IEU's recommendations, the final syllabus will look very different from the draft.
The same can be said of MANSW's recommendations from yesterday's meeting.

cheney31

HSC
HSC is hopeless....
look at what they have done to all science courses..

thank god i will be finishing it this year...

the ultimate aim is to wipe out the vast asian population in uni by removing harder math and includes harder english..thats what they trying to do.. u guys are out-of-the-point.. they are NOT trying to teach anything in HSC. the ultimate aim of the HSC is to select student to the uni and they are goin to be protective and keep all the native australians to the best advantagable position possible...

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
cheney31 said:
HSC is hopeless....

the ultimate aim is to wipe out the vast asian population in uni by removing harder math and includes harder english..thats what they trying to do.. u guys are out-of-the-point.. they are NOT trying to teach anything in HSC. the ultimate aim of the HSC is to select student to the uni and they are goin to be protective and keep all the native australians to the best advantagable position possible...
+ 1000

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
cheney31 said:
HSC is hopeless....

I see.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
They may as well attach 'Suggested Answers' at the back of the blood exam!

shaon0

HSC
rparjf022 said:
I heard they're removing conics from the 4U syllabus from next year and replacing it with statistics.
Apparently they've wanted to remove it for some time...
Anyone else heard of it?
they should take conics out and put matrices, stats and differential equations into the syllabus.

-tal-

HSC
They're replacing conics with something called Discrete Maths. It's probability/stats related - I've heard it's first year uni maths with a failure rate of about 50%

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
-tal- said:
They're replacing conics with something called Discrete Maths. It's probability/stats related - I've heard it's first year uni maths with a failure rate of about 50%
Discrete Mathematics and Statistics (which involves probability) are two different fields of mathematics. I don't know where you got your information from, but most people find Discrete Maths rather easy, similar thing for Statistics at least in first year university unless you never did maths in the HSC.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
it is further parametrics.

requires very good algebraic skills.

abit of abstract thought but its mainly pretty simple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)