Renting a place.. (1 Viewer)

allyuk

HSC
Hey everyone:)

My name's Alex and I'm 18 years old.

I'm coming to Aus in a few weeks and the plan is to work for a year; whilst doing/seeing as much as possible; before going back to England to start Uni.

Anyway, getting to the point of my post, I was wondering if anyone was thinking of/ or is renting off-campus?

I'm hoping to find some shared accommodation as I'm rather shitting coming over there on my own and being by myself because I don't know anyone. I've had a look around rental sites for a while now but the majority of people are like 25+ which doesn't really appeal to me that much. I'd rather find a place with people around the same age as me.

I'm not too fussed which city/town but if anyone's planning on renting and is looking for some flat mates or if anyone has a room available or even any advice about where I can find anything I'd be more than grateful:)

- I apologise if I've posted this in the wrong section =)

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited:

CrazyCong

HSC
if ur planning to work get a work visa =O, lol thats all i could say, sry cant help much about the renting, but yeah.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
look on uni sites if you want to find rental accomodation with young people, you really should specify which city/uni you are going to be near so we can help you. For instance in wollongong i know there are alot of 1 person flats for about $150 a week or 2 room flats for $200ish a week in the centre of the city, if you can find someone to rent a 2 room with then thats pretty cheap. Sydney is a fair bit more expensive, but still affordable if sharing a house.

allyuk

HSC
Alright mate,

I'm flying from London into Brisbane but I'm not too fussed on which city I stay in as long as I can find a job and somewhere decent to stay:)..except Perth though cos it's a bit out of the way.

I'll have a look on those Uni sites anyway to see what I can find, and I've got an Australian passport CrazyGong which saves me the hassle of getting a visa etc..

Thanks a lot for the help anyway guys:)

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Well you can look at some real estate or a community housing. I got my unit from the housing commision and the rent is only 44 dollar for a big apartment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)