• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Repeating yr 11 and 12 (1 Viewer)

D

dillay

I know someone whos undergoing their hsc now but isnt happy with the marks soooooo this person has decided to repeat the whole of yr 11 and 12 again. But let me make this clear, this persons marks on exams are 75% and above and is only doing this because of one subject that isnt going very well. This person is genuinly going extremely well in their hsc

my first question is: do you think this is a bit drastic?

2nd: would you do the same?

3rd: do you know anyone whos done this and have come out with extremely good marks?

D:

Matt Samson

HSC
dillay said:
Yes, it is a bit drastic and in fact, stupid. The person would be better off going to TAFE and then applying for university with TAFE credits.

No.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
dillay said:
I know someone whos undergoing their hsc now but isnt happy with the marks soooooo this person has decided to repeat the whole of yr 11 and 12 again. But let me make this clear, this persons marks on exams are 75% and above and is only doing this because of one subject that isnt going very well. This person is genuinly going extremely well in their hsc

Yes. It's not worth wasting 2 years for a single subject that's not going too well. You say that this person is going really well in his/her HSC, so it would be easy for that person to at least get into another course and transfer. It's a LOT better than repeating 2 years.

dillay said:
Hell no.

dillay said:
3rd: do you know anyone whos done this and have come out with extremely good marks?

D:
No, but the person's marks will almost definitely increase. Knowing the course once will put you at an advantage, especially with regards to internal assessment.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
oohh, this friend of a fiend that goes to a selective school grad last yr with uai of 99.something

BUT.........
was not happy and is theefore repeating yr 11 and 12
freeeeaakkyy

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I know two classmates who repeated year 11 voluntarily, their marks are average and good respectively.
I think the reason they chose to repeat is because they know they haven't worked at maximum capacity and know that if they did they would be much better than they are.

I don't think there is anything wrong with repeating as long as you think it is worth it. But...getting 99.something is another story.

I did consider repeating in if I did appallingly, but with only 2 terms to go and a satisfactory progress I don't so the need.

champo14

HSC
Repeating year 11 is useless, as none of it counts to your HSC/UAI.

Repeating year 12 because of one subject or for any reason for that matter is not very smart.

If it's just one subject they should do pathways, and then they can chose which units they want to count for this year and which for next year.

Even if you go badly in all your subjects, you're better off going to TAFE or into a different uni course.

I honestly can't believe people do these sorts of things without thinking them through logically.

nandison

HSC
;) YERR I KNOW A GIRL THAT REPEATED YR 11 AND 12 BECAUSE SHE GOT LOW MARKS IN CHEMISTRY , AND THAT WAS THE ONLY SUBJECT . BUT GET THIS SHES THE SMARTEST GIRL IN THE WHOLE YEAR. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY SHE DID IT , ITS NOT LIKE SHE WASNT GONNA GO UNI !!;)

BUHH YERR IFF I WERE HER I WOULDNT REPEAT JUST FOR CHEMISTRY I WOULD PROBABLY REPEAT IN ANOTHER SCHOOL NOT IN THE SAME SCHOOL !!!

MTP

HSC
Poeple are taking things, to the next level. Jeez they need to HTFU and move on with life.

karnage

HSC
hollyy. said:
oohh, this friend of a fiend that goes to a selective school grad last yr with uai of 99.something

BUT.........
was not happy and is theefore repeating yr 11 and 12
freeeeaakkyy
Geez!!!

HSC
nandison said:
;) YERR I KNOW A GIRL THAT REPEATED YR 11 AND 12 BECAUSE SHE GOT LOW MARKS IN CHEMISTRY , AND THAT WAS THE ONLY SUBJECT . BUT GET THIS SHES THE SMARTEST GIRL IN THE WHOLE YEAR. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY SHE DID IT , ITS NOT LIKE SHE WASNT GONNA GO UNI !!;)

BUHH YERR IFF I WERE HER I WOULDNT REPEAT JUST FOR CHEMISTRY I WOULD PROBABLY REPEAT IN ANOTHER SCHOOL NOT IN THE SAME SCHOOL !!!
yes sara. tis because we go to the same school :p

nandison

HSC
a.w.e.s.o.m.e-o said:
yes sara. tis because we go to the same school :p
OMG FUNNY THAT AYE , WATTA COINCEDENCE THAT WE FIND EACH OTHER THRU A THREAD I SWEAR THIS IS SO FUNNY..... AHAH WE DONT EVEN , WAIT JUST RARELY EVER SAY HEY TO EACH OTHER AT SSCHOOL AND THEN WE SEE EACH OTHER ON THIS SITE AHA .... WHO EVER KNEW THAT CONDELL PARK STUDENTS WILL EVER USE THIS LOL

NAHH YERR URRMM DON T TELL THE PERSON REPEATING WHAT I SED ABOUT REPEATING IN A DIFFERENT SCHOOL LOL !!!!:bomb:

justmeme

HSC
N/A
OMG THE BLUEEEEEE

IT BURNS MY EYESSSSSS

(look im so cool im using capitals!!!)

also, dillay, why the new account?

repeating yr 11 & 12 is very drastic, there are so many different ways to get into uni!!! i am going to pull off the "your hsc isnt the end of the world" line.

HSC
nandison said:
OMG FUNNY THAT AYE , WATTA COINCEDENCE THAT WE FIND EACH OTHER THRU A THREAD I SWEAR THIS IS SO FUNNY..... AHAH WE DONT EVEN , WAIT JUST RARELY EVER SAY HEY TO EACH OTHER AT SSCHOOL AND THEN WE SEE EACH OTHER ON THIS SITE AHA .... WHO EVER KNEW THAT CONDELL PARK STUDENTS WILL EVER USE THIS LOL

NAHH YERR URRMM DON T TELL THE PERSON REPEATING WHAT I SED ABOUT REPEATING IN A DIFFERENT SCHOOL LOL !!!!:bomb:
didnt it occur to you that someone with the account name of "dillay" would be me? :p. im pretty sure there are others from our school here but i dont really care coz like, yeah ;_;. high 5!
yaaaaaaar, well i guess now our "heys" are gonna extend to "hey! zomg! saw you on that site *lolololol*" and then walk away :p.

dw yo, she's gotten worse then that but hey, if it puts her mind to rest then i dont really mind. as long as someone's happy with what there doing then i got no arguments against it :p and i guess shes happy with what shes doing :3. i was just curious about the whole repeating thing so yeah, asked for opinions.

nandison

HSC
justmeme said:
OMG THE BLUEEEEEE

IT BURNS MY EYESSSSSS

repeating yr 11 & 12 is very drastic, there are so many different ways to get into uni!!! i am going to pull off the "your hsc isnt the end of the world" line.

SORRY DUDE ill change my color lol
and stop using capitals now i can be cool with you guys aha

justmeme

HSC
N/A
nandison said:
SORRY DUDE ill change my color lol
and stop using capitals now i can be cool with you guys aha
thank you.

HSC
justmeme said:
OMG THE BLUEEEEEE

IT BURNS MY EYESSSSSS

just wanted to start fresh, is all ^_^

justmeme

HSC
N/A
a.w.e.s.o.m.e-o said:
just wanted to start fresh, is all ^_^
um ok?? why start fresh. sounds weird to me. just delete posts if you dont like them?

nandison said:
im glad you approve lol !!!!

hey dilly , hus else is on this that we both might know ??? so i can tease lol !!!!!
i hope thats sarcasm.

HSC
nandison said:
im glad you approve lol !!!!

hey dilly , hus else is on this that we both might know ??? so i can tease lol !!!!!
lol, arent you nice :p

you can find them :3 coz i donno :D. this site aint that bad yo ;_;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)