Repuation (1 Viewer)

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
The reason nothing was showing up is because you hadn't received any reputation yet.

Try checking again now ;)

FAQ said:
How can I see the reputation I have received?
Go to User CP. It shows "Latest Reputation Received".

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
The more we post the better our reputation become but hey the post shouldn't be senseless. hehehe

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The more we post the better our reputation become but hey the post shouldn't be senseless. hehehe
Not really. It's mainly determined by that scale on the side of your posts. Pos/Neg rep can be given from there.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
And what are they?
It's mainly determined by that scale on the side of your posts. Pos/Neg rep can be given from there.
Rep is determined by fellow BOSers. They can either give you positive reputation or negative, based on the posts you make.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
What I have got hitherto is a red one. Basically it's all b'coz of 'God exist thread'. :eek:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
And what are they?
- Number of posts
- How long you've been at the forum
- And what rep you do have (in the sense that if you have red boxes, you can't rep anyone for points)

What I have got hitherto is a red one. Basically it's all b'coz of 'God exist thread'. :eek:
That's just bad luck, unfortunately. Users are free to rep you, both positive and negative, for any post they want - so long as the rep message is not abusive. If you believe that someone has flamed/abused you in their rep message, you are free to report it to the moderators by making a thread in the Contact Moderators Forum

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
I want to say something - why do these people keep on adding bad rep to your profile, just coz they don't agree with me. HELL!!!!!!

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
I want to say something - why do these people keep on adding bad rep to your profile, just coz they don't agree with me. HELL!!!!!!
Quoting Angelina Jolie in your sig doesn't help. Ok send me over some neutral rep for my contribution to this insightful thread

Andi0390

HSC
For the first 10 months or something on this forum I just thought when people posted +1 they were agreeing with the poster...but now I find out it means people rep you or something!

Just a few questions, how do you rep someone and how much rep do you have? Can you rep someone multiple times? Do you run out of rep? Can it be replenished?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
BoS FAQ said:
The User Reputation system allows members to leave comments about one anothers' posts, and thereby contribute to their overall 'reputation'. Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content. Members are given varying reputation titles when they reach different reputation levels.

How do I 'rep' someone?
To contribute to another members' reputation you click the reputation button (
). It is found in the bottom, left hand corner of a members post, below their profile details. You can then choose to approve or disapprove of the members post and leave a comment.

How can I see the reputation I have received?
Go to User CP. It shows "Latest Reputation Received".

What happens if someone gives me negative reputation and I don't agree?
Members are able to neg rep, just as they are able to positively rep. It is their choice if they choose to do so and for what reasoning, and as long as the reputation comment adheres to the forum rules it is acceptable.

What do I do if I receive a reputation comment that breaks forum rules?
You can report this to the Moderators through the Contact Moderators Forum.
And no, you do not run out of rep. And I have no idea what 'replenished' means in this sense. But you can rep the same person twice, however, you must spread it around before repping the same person again. You cannot rep the same post twice.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
For the first 10 months or something on this forum I just thought when people posted +1 they were agreeing with the poster...but now I find out it means people rep you or something!

Just a few questions, how do you rep someone and how much rep do you have? Can you rep someone multiple times? Do you run out of rep? Can it be replenished?
Posting '+1' does mean that they agree with you. It doesn't necessarily mean they have repped you.

You never run out of rep, however, it is limited. So you can only give so much in a certain time frame. Likewise, you can only rep someone a certain number before it stops you. Given time both of these are 'replenished'.

BlackDragon

HSC
I was just wondering what governs the amount of reputation that one recieves from different people? If they have higher reputation themselves it is worth more right? Is that the only factor?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Three factors:
- How long you've been on the site (how old your account is)
- How much reputation you have (if you have red rep, your rep will be worth 0, irrespective of the other factors)
- How many posts you have

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)