Republican Primaries (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
if he was elected i can see him cutting that pretty much instantly

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
yeah because nasa's budget is 0.60% of the federal budget, LITERALLY ECONOMICALLY IMPOSSIBLE RIGHT NOW
"By the end of my second term, we need to have the first permanent base on the moon, and it will be American.
We will have commercial near-Earth activities that include science, tourism and manufacturing"

Two terms, multiply NASA's current federal budget by 8 = 136 billion dollars

The estimate cost for just a 4 person research base is 40 billion dollars in itself, this is feasible. What Gingrich is talking about (a self sustained, multiple purpose colony) is not. It would require a fair budget increase, which would require more money to come out of income taxes towards NASA but he claims he's going to lower income taxes (assume he does) and he refuses to cut military spending in all these wars (which to be fair enough if they cut this spending they would be probably be able to achieve this comfortably), add to that he said he'll work on getting a man to Mars the best estimated cost of which is 80 billion dollars. Where the fuck will all that money come from if he refuses to cut military funding =/

Also note i'm pretty new to this crap so there's a decent chance i'm wrong somewhere in here, this is just my current understanding so correct me if i'm wrong without being a douche :p

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
newt believes in amnesty for illegal immigrants.

tax them and go to the moon.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Numbers USA, one of the leading groups opposed to our current insane immigration policies, gives Republican presidential candidates the following grades on immigration: Paul, F; Gingrich, D-minus; Huntsman, D-minus; Santorum, D-minus; Perry, D; Romney, C-minus; and Bachmann, B-minus.

alexwareham2

HSC
These policies are so ridiculous. They are doing whatever they can to be the Republican nominee. Although both Gingrich and Romney are crazy if they think they will beat Obama. A colony on the moon will not win votes.

alexwareham2

HSC
more poor people to care about
They don't do that much for them now, and Obama is a Democrat. He thinks they are cheap labour and may get people to spend on houses, farming, etc. which would help the economy.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Numbers USA, one of the leading groups opposed to our current insane immigration policies, gives Republican presidential candidates the following grades on immigration: Paul, F; Gingrich, D-minus; Huntsman, D-minus; Santorum, D-minus; Perry, D; Romney, C-minus; and Bachmann, B-minus.
Doesn't Ron want to really crack down on immigration? I think I've heard/read him talk/write about how he wants to dispose of the "anchor baby" situation and that he wants a stronger national border (to keep out the wetbacks).

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Doesn't Ron want to really crack down on immigration? I think I've heard/read him talk/write about how he wants to dispose of the "anchor baby" situation and that he wants a stronger national border (to keep out the wetbacks).
Yeh idgi either, he said he wants to deploy more border guards + get rid of the whole "anchor baby" thing. Maybe they game him a shit grade because he says to really stop the effects of illegal immigration the main things they need to do are eliminate the welfare state and restore the strength of their economy (which seems to make sense to me but w/e) as opposed to a more hardline directly government-controlled approach

Lentern

HSC
That's what I thought to. Pretty sure I remember some white supremacist nutter endorsing him because of his desires to crackdown on illegal immigration etc.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Their all idiots. Except for Ron Paul. Problem is hes too educated to win the Republican nomination.
Because having a net worth of ~$300mn is for idiots
Because having a Ph.D in history is for idiots
Because being an Eagle Scout, US Ambassador to Singapore and China is for idiots
Because having an MBA and a JD is for idiots

don't confuse virtue with intelligence

rick perry and bachmann were unforgivable spastics though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)