Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
So who's going to be at a college next year? I AM!

For those already there- is there anything we should know about/bring to the college that we wouldn't know about already?

I found a great post in the Tertiary Studies archives where someone made a list of essential things to bring to college. It'd be cool if we could start up a list here. I'll start:

A bucket, for vomiting, soaking clothing etc
Coat hangers
A little whiteboard to put outside your door

Last edited:

Libbster

HSC
Oh God please do not have a whiteboard on your door, it's so conceited.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Oh, I didn't know that. Why is it conceited?

It actually wasn't my idea, it was my mother's. That's what everyone did in her dorm days :p

knuxed

HSC
N/A
dagwoman said:
So who's going to be at a college next year? I AM!

For those already there- is there anything we should know about/bring to the college that we wouldn't know about already?

I found a great post in the Tertiary Studies archives where someone made a list of essential things to bring to college. It'd be cool if we could start up a list here. I'll start:

A bucket, for vomiting, soaking clothing etc
Coat hangers
A little whiteboard to put outside your door
what bout a fridge,those notebook locks for ur notebook,an extension cord and a locks,lot of it.

jessied

HSC
Don't take a whiteboard unless you want it full of random abuse from drunk people.

Other things to remember:
*a bin or something to put rubbish in
*internet cable thing
*$1 coins and possibly 20cent pieces (depending on how much the washing machine/dryer is to use) and lots of them
*double adapters

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Okay, ixnay on the whiteboard! I don't think I'm conceited!

Thanks for the tips, keep them coming :)

knuxed

HSC
N/A
dagwoman said:
Notebook locks?
Sorry,its one of the locks that looks like a laminated cable that you attach one end to the notebook and the other to a permanant object.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Oh, okay, cool. What notebook would you need to be guarding like this?

knuxed

HSC
N/A
dagwoman said:
Oh, okay, cool. What notebook would you need to be guarding like this?
When i mean notebooks i mean laptops.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
HA. I am a DUMB SHIT!

Just ignore me while I mutter to myself about my stupidity.

Libbster

HSC
also make sure you always lock you door. it may seem like a stupid thing to say, but my friend left her door unlocked and went somewhere for about 10 mins, and came back and her usb key was stolen. it had her law assignment on it and the uni wouldn't give her special consideration.

so always be careful, cos even though the people ur with are generally nice, there might be a few dickheads for example, someone stole my waterbottle out of a communal fridge, how pathetic can you get!

hsc=suicide

HSC
Bob. said:
well i just recieved my rejection from wesley. damn
i got a 'I am at present unable to off you a place at Wesley for 2007. I will be reviewing your application in January and you will be considered for a place for first semester as one becomes available.' is that a rejection?

jessied

HSC
hsc=suicide said:
i got a 'I am at present unable to off you a place at Wesley for 2007. I will be reviewing your application in January and you will be considered for a place for first semester as one becomes available.' is that a rejection?
Yes.

jessied

HSC
Libbster said:
also make sure you always lock you door. it may seem like a stupid thing to say, but my friend left her door unlocked and went somewhere for about 10 mins, and came back and her usb key was stolen. it had her law assignment on it and the uni wouldn't give her special consideration.

so always be careful, cos even though the people ur with are generally nice, there might be a few dickheads for example, someone stole my waterbottle out of a communal fridge, how pathetic can you get!
That's what happens when you live next to the johnsmen.

Bob.

HSC
hsc=suicide said:
yep thats exactally what i got.

shes_jinxed

HSC
jessied said:
That's what happens when you live next to the johnsmen.
note: Johnsmen* it was a guy not a jet
what a tool i have no idea why he would want a key to sancta anyway, no offense lol. We got the biggest talking to because of that, they can be so immature I would have killed someone if i had any of my assignments stolen.
but just so we dont look to evil compared to little innocent santca you guys did a pretty good job at letting down all those tiers in our carpark lol
Yeah so lock your doors, ppl from outside college can steal and within college can steel. Plus if your living with boys they like trashing your rooms and flipping your beds. There was a laptop and ipod stolen this year and i had $50 stolen from my room. Plus my friend had is laptop taken from Drews.
what you will need mmmmm....
* $1 coins heaps or i think its $2 at pauls
* laudry basket cause all your crap kets mixed up
* A good stereo system makes your room the location for all pre drinks etc lots of fun
* crazy clothes, for the themed parties in oweek etc. Ive been a pirate, cowgirl, rock star, japanese school girl, private school girl, batgirl, bad taste, tight and bright and togas this year alone
* on the togas, bring a spare sheet using your room ones and finding out at 4am when you want to go to sleep that its covered in god knows what is not cool, and there are lots of toga parties youll def have one in oweek
* NEUROFEN lots of it, and berocca
* glasses heaps if you want pres in your room i always run out
* Pictures for your boring walls
* spare pillow or swag/sleeping bag for when your noncollege friends explain to you at 4am they have no way of getting home
* this sounds stupid but dresses for the girls and paulines you have no idea how many stupid formal functions you will end up having
* circket bat lol love corridor cricket
* laptop and network cable plus a printer if your coming to johns our piece of shit printer always breaks
* for oweek, one of those nerdy cords you wear around your neck and attach your keys to. Yes very nerdy but in oweek no one cares, its the best idea because youll be smashed 24/7 probably not exactly sure where you are and loosing your keys and ID is not fun
* if your going overseas this summer, bring back as much duty free alcohol as you can buy bolk and youll save money in oweek (its a very exspensive week)
* Fake ID if youre baby Fresh, you only get Oweek once dont waste it by being 17
* anything else crazy and fun that you have

You guys that go rejection letters, i posted a while back about being persistant and calling up and asking if any places have become avalible, or writting a letter, or applying for other colleges. I have friends that got into drews and pauls after recieving rejection letters by doing this. and remember all the colleges are pretty much the same, and any college is better than none.

Last edited:

jessied

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
note: Johnsmen* it was a guy not a jet
what a tool i have no idea why he would want a key to sancta anyway, no offense lol. We got the biggest talking to because of that, they can be so immature I would have killed someone if i had any of my assignments stolen.
but just so we dont look to evil compared to little innocent santca you guys did a pretty good job at letting down all those tiers in our carpark lol
Yeah so lock your doors, ppl from outside college can steal and within college can steel. Plus if your living with boys they like trashing your rooms and flipping your beds. There was a laptop and ipod stolen this year and i had $50 stolen from my room. Plus my friend had is laptop taken from Drews.

Yes I did note Johnsmen. The Jets seem to be a good bunch of girls. As for the tire incident I was just as pissed off as you guys (well not quite but I was pissed)were cos the girls who did that didn't own cars themselves and it didn't effect them in anyway if our car tires got let down while those who have to travel e.g. us cumbo folk are left stranded or on public transport. Anyho, apologies. It wasn't me. Funniest thing was definatly when the Johns pool ended up in the Sancta quad one morning. That was great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)