Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

mirann

HSC
Say I am going to take a 4 year course at Sydney, but I don't want to live in a College there for the first year, I could still apply for my second year once I've started at the uni? I don't have to apply to live in for my first year right? They take people in their second, third, fourth etc years?

CurlyRuby

HSC
mirann said:
Say I am going to take a 4 year course at Sydney, but I don't want to live in a College there for the first year, I could still apply for my second year once I've started at the uni? I don't have to apply to live in for my first year right? They take people in their second, third, fourth etc years?
Yup, just make sure you apply early.

artist91

HSC
i've got a bit of a question. one of my referees has already sent their report to the college and i had to fix something up on my application so the referee's report will get there before the actual application. is this going to be a problem? :confused:

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
artist91 said:
i've got a bit of a question. one of my referees has already sent their report to the college and i had to fix something up on my application so the referee's report will get there before the actual application. is this going to be a problem? :confused:
yeah that happened to me too, i just wrote a little note with the application letting them know. i got an interview so it doesn't make a difference.

AltheaD

HSC
Hi artist,

I'm pretty sure that all applicants to Women's are interviewed. If you haven't been contacted about one I'd check that all the parts of your application have been received.

wagga

HSC
I got an interview at Drews, is it worth wearing a suit to the interview or will a pair of jeans and a shirt suffice?

HSC
wagga said:
I got an interview at Drews, is it worth wearing a suit to the interview or will a pair of jeans and a shirt suffice?
I went casual, but not decked out in ksubis or anything.

If they're interviewing you they probably want you (I recieved an offer as soon as the tour was over). It's basically just sussing you out to make sure you're legit.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
cannibal.horse said:
I gots a spot at St Andrews.
That's the well seedy one.

No joke they had a thing that said "She can't say no with a cock in her mouth"

No idea how the cretins there think that is acceptable at all

HSC
jb_nc said:

How would it be any worse than the others?

wagga

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
I went casual, but not decked out in ksubis or anything.

If they're interviewing you they probably want you (I recieved an offer as soon as the tour was over). It's basically just sussing you out to make sure you're legit.
What were the questions like? Nothing particularly curly I presume?

HSC
wagga said:
What were the questions like? Nothing particularly curly I presume?
There weren't a lot of them. Depending on your application you will have different focuses but there are some stock things they go for.

- They want to know how you get along with others. I got asked questions if I knew/got along with another girl from my school and also they quizzed me on a few of my own responses. Make sure you look out for these.

- They'll also ask you a few questions on your career/course. Make sure you sound keen to study and have some altruistic lean to your response (for example, as well as saying I wanted to do commercial law because it was interesting, I also pointed out that having once sat next to a man who recieved a gaol sentence in a local court I really didn't like the idea of playing with people's lives). Don't take it too far though.

- Then I got a lot of questions on music. You probably won't get these but if it was sport/debating/whatever your interests are you'll get a few questions too.

Edit: As a basic guide remember two things: they are after people who are going to work, and will get along with others. You need to make sure they'll think you'll do both.

Last edited:

artist91

HSC
I emailed them and they said I'd be contacted in the next few days to organise a time. Apparently the have had a record number of applications this year. I think I'll go for a phone interview. Do you think a phone interview is a disadvantage?

HSC
artist91 said:
I emailed them and they said I'd be contacted in the next few days to organise a time. Apparently the have had a record number of applications this year. I think I'll go for a phone interview. Do you think a phone interview is a disadvantage?
I'd say yes but I'm no expert...

I'm suprised they're still taking people - everyone had to pay up by december 1st.

AltheaD

HSC
artist91 said:
If you're doing a phone interview at Women's I don't think it would disadvantage you. If you're only doing one because you can't be bothered to go to the uni they might be a little put off but otherwise it should be fine - and I think living in another state qualifies as a legitimate reason. I don't know about the other colleges but I imagine it's the same.

M83

HSC
jb_nc said:

Citation please? That thing was written in St Pauls College...

Artemis.

HSC
Got accepted into Wesley =D
Anyone else here going to Wesley next year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)