• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Restaurants (1 Viewer)

SyCoTiC

HSC
Any favourite restaurants that you guys got? Personally I don't mind going to Asian Seafood Restaurants but you do go there for the seafood and it can be rather tedious to eat but nonetheless if you're there for the taste. Something to fill me up? Pho An in Bankstown! That is the secks.

PrettyVacant

HSC
=\ Don't particularly like Asian places. I think I've gotten enough Asian seafood. =(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Chinese/yum cha restuarants are the secks...well in some places such as the city :)
is the pho youre talking about where every order is done electronically and costs a ridiculous $12 for a large bowl of pho?...opposite bankstown sports club?

PrettyVacant

HSC
jemsta said:
Chinese/yum cha restuarants are the secks...well in some places such as the city :)
is the pho youre talking about where every order is done electronically and costs a ridiculous $12 for a large bowl of pho?...opposite bankstown sports club?
Someone's probably told me this before, but what is Pho??

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
vietnamese beef noodle soup
haha as if you havent heard of pho before lilian :(

CieL

HSC
Pho Anh is yuck.. unless you have it on a regular basis.. but then you'd be a THC junkie..

In the Cabra area there's alot of good food..

Pho 54.. omg love the satay sauce
Then there's the pork rolls, and I found this chicken roll store which cooks fresh chicken n puts it in the roll warm, then add cheese, omg love..
For a cheapo meal you can have a dry version of the errr the cambo signature dish.. phenom phen or some crap like that.. for only $5.50 lol with soup n everything too..
There's Cook's.. which makes the BEST grilled chicken and t-bone steak.. for $8, best meaty feed..
Inside Bonnyrigg Sports Club there's a little asian restaurant which makes a mean sizzling beef/chicken/lamb/etc.. and there's fresh seafood there too..

Eh, cant really be fk'd to think of anything else..

CieL

HSC
jemsta said:
YUP!
They're the first people to use that electronic thing.. they had it when my parents used to visit like 19yrs ago.. they got busted for putting weed in the soup base..

I had it once n thought it was terrible.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
guess its a cheap way to get high :p
cant get enough of the food court in chinatown....they make some pretty good thai, vietnamese and chinese there...but we are talking about restuarants :p
the restuarant strip in beverly hills has some really fantastic chinese restuarants too...if youre into chinese that is

Legham

HSC
My favourite restaurant was Uncle Norm's Bistro in Bali :) But i can't go there all the time.. cause its in Bali.. :(

CieL

HSC
jemsta said:
but we are talking about restuarants :p
HAH who cares, it's just a fancy name for "food place"

omg I HATE the food court in chinatown...... I think the food is horrible and uber unhygienic...... I think we're talking about the same place? where you go thru big glass sliding doors, and some of the elevators only fit one person at a time? and there's a phone shop ouside, and DVD/game shops inside? Foodcourt at the top with menus displayed in front of fluorescent lights?

CieL

HSC
lol I remember my work shouted us a night at Golden Century.... can you believe it? We ate fkn everything... crab, pipis, some birds, etc [I felt sorry for the girl who was a vegetarian]... and then we could order as much alcohol as we wanted, whenever we wanted...

I love asian restaurant soysauce.......... I love yumcha soysauce........... I dont know what they do to it, but it's so sweet

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
CieL said:
HAH who cares, it's just a fancy name for "food place"

omg I HATE the food court in chinatown...... I think the food is horrible and uber unhygienic...... I think we're talking about the same place? where you go thru big glass sliding doors, and some of the elevators only fit one person at a time? and there's a phone shop ouside, and DVD/game shops inside? Foodcourt at the top with menus displayed in front of fluorescent lights?
haha yeah thats the one
i havent had any problems with it...food is decent and i havent gotten sick from it yet, so they must be doing their job
i wanna try yoshinoya...but its all the way at paddington :(
craving for some beef rice

CieL

HSC
I haven't gotten sick either..... but it just looks ew..... I think I'm a sucker for presentation =[

There used to be a tiny tiny jap food place opposite market city... which only fits about 7 people inside =.=... but they made the best food... then they changed hands... and now I think it's run by chinese... why? Because last time I ordered a teriyaki chicken, the chicken had bones n stuff in them.. like the asian siw larp po stuff.. n I hate bones..

Bendent

HSC
CieL said:
I haven't gotten sick either..... but it just looks ew..... I think I'm a sucker for presentation =[

There used to be a tiny tiny jap food place opposite market city... which only fits about 7 people inside =.=... but they made the best food... then they changed hands... and now I think it's run by chinese... why? Because last time I ordered a teriyaki chicken, the chicken had bones n stuff in them.. like the asian siw larp po stuff.. n I hate bones..
i think that place's food is too salty.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ah well, the prices are decent for what you pay so im not complaining
just go for the meat ay...nothing to stand in the way between you and the meat
my friend told me that hainan chicken rice at macau restaurant is of good quality...should actually try and see whether the pork chip bun is actually the same here than HK and macau

CieL

HSC
Bendent said:
i think that place's food is too salty.
It's salty if you eat it by itself.... but it's good with rice....

jemsta said:
my friend told me that hainan chicken rice at macau restaurant is of good quality
Do you mean the restaurants in macau, or the "macau" restaurant located in Eastwood?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im talking macau restaurant in the city...on george street and broadway

SyCoTiC

HSC
Hmm anyone into Korean BBQ? There's an awesome one in Hurstville, I forget what the name is but it's huge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)