• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Restaurants (4 Viewers)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
You should try Hurricane Grill at Bondi. The main dishes are about $30 but the quality and size of the ribs esp. are well worth it.
yeah, my friends always told me to go to hurricanes just for the ribs i might check that out actually

CieL

HSC
jemsta said:
hahaha fuck i forgot about hooters
screw working for coles...work at hooters :D
I can't.............

It's sadly true that 99.9% of Asians don't have boobs :(

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
jemsta said:
yeah, my friends always told me to go to hurricanes just for the ribs i might check that out actually
Just make sure you book in advance or you'll be waiting outside for a long long time lol.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
CieL said:
I can't.............

It's sadly true that 99.9% of Asians don't have boobs :(
haha screw it...those assets are not that important anyways
you could always have enhancement surgery ;)

hopeles5ly said:
Just make sure you book in advance or you'll be waiting outside for a long long time lol.
haha ill keep that in mind next time ill try hurricanes :)

CieL

HSC
Went to Belgium Beer Cafe tonight!!

Awesome place.. Food was on the expensive side, but the servings were pretty huge.. service was so-n-so, all of the waitstaff had weird accents and couldnt really understand english properly.. then this guy ordered a beer, it didnt come, he asked twice more.. and didnt come either times.. n then when we were all finishing our meals, one meal comes to our table randomly.. and no-one accepts it cos I mean, we all just ate..

Then the bill was a tad over [like $30 out of $800].. but it was hard to tell what was over cos we had around 25 people and everyone calculated their share.. and I suspected it was either the faulty beer or the random food no-one claimed..

But the beer made up for all that..

Hoegaarden's probably my fav now..

SipSip

HSC
N/A
If you like french....one must go place is Becasse....top restaurant from my list

Japanese...either Shiki or Mino...

View...Astral...although food is not the best

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
CieL said:
Went to Belgium Beer Cafe tonight!!

Awesome place.. Food was on the expensive side, but the servings were pretty huge.. service was so-n-so, all of the waitstaff had weird accents and couldnt really understand english properly.. then this guy ordered a beer, it didnt come, he asked twice more.. and didnt come either times.. n then when we were all finishing our meals, one meal comes to our table randomly.. and no-one accepts it cos I mean, we all just ate..

Then the bill was a tad over [like $30 out of $800].. but it was hard to tell what was over cos we had around 25 people and everyone calculated their share.. and I suspected it was either the faulty beer or the random food no-one claimed..

But the beer made up for all that..

Hoegaarden's probably my fav now..
Which one?

The one in Cammeray or the city?

The Bavarian Beer cafe's pretty awesome too.

CieL

HSC
Tulipa said:
Which one?

The one in Cammeray or the city?

The Bavarian Beer cafe's pretty awesome too.
The one in the city, near Essex St..

Speaking of which, I went to Lowenbrau the other night.. this German place located at The Rocks.. Everything was great, except sitting next to the speakers of the little band upstairs.. I think my ears were ringing after I left.. lol whilst we were going out for fresh air, my friend suddenly out of the blue yells out, "OMG!! MY EARS ARE FIXED!"

Well.. food was alright [I had the chicken schnitzel], but I guess I gobbled it down shitloads fast cos that day, due to work from 5:30am, I hadnt had time to eat till 8:30pm.. the knuckles were just too big and tough, my friend took 10yrs to just cut hers [and I guess being Asian doesn't help with fork n knives]..

I went to the upstairs bar, the one in the little corner no-one visits.. and the bartenders can't even count how much the drinks are supposed to cost.. I bought 3 shnapps which were supposed to be $7 each [yes, dear], but he charged me $8 each.. but I was like, oh wtf i'm here to have fun not to complain..

But the guys who visit there seem to be... weird... I was picking a shnapp and some random guy comes up behind me and grabs my shoulders from behind and points to a shnapp he told me to try.. and it turns out to be the strongest one on the menu [which I later ordered for my friend for fun, and the bartender said it was nicknamed "fire-water" lol].. yeahhh.. then when I was leaving I had one hand on my hip cos I was friggin tired.. and some guy bumps into my arm, then he grabs my arm and starts to stroke it up n down twice, and apologises into my ear.. I was prettttty freaked..

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
You sound as if you're never been to a pub before.

x.glam

HSC
asain seafood.. from china?! im praying for your recovery from food poisoning lol

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Favourite restaurants:

Korean: Milliore (near Capitol Theatre). Their Bibimbap is amazing. Their side dishes (they provide them free) are also mouth watering. Go there around lunch time when it's least busy, as they have lunch specials on. Although the atmosphere is much better at night.

Thai: Inchanthai in Kingsford. It's worth travelling out there for it. The Gang Choo Chee curry (recommended with prawns) on steamed rice is amazing. Really. Everything is also quite cheap, although you'll be overwhelmed by choice.

Vegetarian: Peace Harmony. They serve thai-influenced cusine. I highly recommend the red curry 'duck'. There's a takeaway branch and a dine-in branch. The take-away branch is cheaper, although the food isn't of as good quality. I love going here, as my girlfriend is a vego, whilst I really can't tell the difference between what they cook and meat.

Buffet-Style: Intercontinental Hotel: their seafood buffet is like no other. Although the service can be crap, the range of seafood is amazing. They have so much fresh sushi and sashimi it's crazy. Furthermore, their deserts are brilliang: Large bowls of creme brulee

Japanese: Kura III. There are a number of Kura franchises open around the place. This one is near haymarket. It is fantastically cheap, and it will only take them 5 mins to serve you the food. The range is fantastic, the portions are very large, and the food is delicious. However, be prepared to wait for a 'table'. Space is hard to come by and they are very popular.

Uyghur Cuisine: I can't remember what the restaurant is called. Possibly just 'uyghur'. GO down liverpool st towards darling harbour. Just before you reach the bridge/walkway leading to darling harbour, turn left into the pedastrian side-street. There you will find another Kura restaurant (not Kura III, their food is slightly worse). Next to it you will find two Uyghur restaurants. Go to the first one (up the stairs). Make sure you go with a couple of people, too.

What is Uyghur, you ask? Well, it's this place that's influenced by Russian, Chinese and possibly Korean cultures. The food resulting from it is amazing.

What to order:
1) Russian salad: it's spicey and oh so delicious
2) Shashlik (this is shish kebab, however, unlike anything youve tried). It is marinated for days, and I recommend the chicken. Also, it is so amazingly cheap. One plate for something like $8 will feed 2 or 3 people.
3) Plov: this is basically steamed/fried rice. However, it's cooked differently. It is cooked underground or in a pot for multiple days with lots of herbs, spices, raisins and meat. The result is fantastic!

This place is such a cheap option for groups, too. I love seeing everyone's reactions as they order one dish per person, then get a dish bigger than bigfoot's penis brought out to them.

sthcross.dude

HSC
stazi said:
\Buffet-Style: Intercontinental Hotel: their seafood buffet is like no other. Although the service can be crap, the range of seafood is amazing. They have so much fresh sushi and sashimi it's crazy. Furthermore, their deserts are brilliang: Large bowls of creme brulee
\
Love that buffet. So hard to get good sashimi as well. Only place i know of is the fish markets. Stuff in the supermarkets is apparently dangerous to serve raw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)