Results back but no Papers? (1 Viewer)

aimhigh10

HSC
we get the blank paper when its published on the site next year...

and a question, do we get hsc papers back?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
aimhigh10 said:
we get the blank paper when its published on the site next year...

and a question, do we get hsc papers back?
No - the sheer adminstrative cost would be too high.

To return your papers they would have to employ lots of people to reassemble them and then ensure that you actually got your papers and not someone else's.

You do realise that even if you got them back there would be no marks on them except a small tick to say the marker marked it - no marks made to indicate what the marker thought etc.

aimhigh10

HSC
cem said:
No - the sheer adminstrative cost would be too high.

To return your papers they would have to employ lots of people to reassemble them and then ensure that you actually got your papers and not someone else's.

You do realise that even if you got them back there would be no marks on them except a small tick to say the marker marked it - no marks made to indicate what the marker thought etc.
ohh ok thankyou :)

HSC
Cardea said:
That must seriously be a joke. I'm not saying that I want my papers back, although that's certainly something I'm curious about too, but to actually have to fill a form and pay a fee for our papers back?? That's just.. plain silly.
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/administration/foi_application.html
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's for the HSC. You can also try to request a 'per module' breakdown of your marks, but that hasn't been done before, so there's no guarantee it will succeed. It won't stop the rest of your application from succeeding though. This hasn't be done for a while though, as people generally exploit FOI, so your chances of success is very slim.

Also it's not violating the Freedom of Information Act, it's just an administrative nightmare.

And...Year 11 Prelim/Year 12 HSC totally unrelated to Year 10 HSC

suzlee

HSC
It will be a pathetic waste of trees, I think.

There isn't much to look and 'compare answers' with for SC... It's not going to help you do better 'next time' cos there won't be any.

smile=D=D=D

HSC
we get our marks back though right, like what we ot for mc and short answer and stuff?

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
smile=D=D=D said:
we get our marks back though right, like what we ot for mc and short answer and stuff?
Unless it changed, you don't receive your marks for specific sections.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
I hope they recycle the papers. And if they don't, I wonder what they do with them all >_o

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
smile=D=D=D said:

No - you receive one mark - the moderated exam mark.

Even the school doesn't get a breakdown and I would love it (to see where I am weak as a teacher more than how individual kids made mistakes e.g. if the marks of my students consistently in one type of question are lower than the rest of the paper then I know that I need to look at how to improve my teaching there but we don't get that feedback).

Lebstr

HSC
akrinis said:
This is a joke. I don't mean to be all down in the dumps, but REALLY. If we don't get our papers back, how in the world are we supposed to know what our marks were in each section?

I heard from teachers, that the Board doesn't even give you a simple breakdown of how well you did in each section. Even ELLA gave a breakdown.

Getting our test papers back will allow us to compare our results with our peers and gives us the opportunity to improve by seeing which questions we did well/bad at.

The Board of Studies is violating a basic Freedom of Information. Just because they can't be bothered to give back our papers doesn't mean we don't have a right to them.
shut the fuk up :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)