Results Discussion (1 Viewer)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Monstar said:
i really doubt that they're final exam marks.. as someone said before, BUSl250 exam was out of 50.. and i got 65.. and ACST101 exam was out of 70.. and a few of my friends got 69, 67.. i mean they're good but not that good.
Maybe it was a percentage, so you got 65% in the final exam.

Monstar

HSC
shrug.

just want the marks i got on results.mq to go up and not down.

Monstar

HSC
I got news from a friend who has a friend that works within macquarie.. those marks that were released were indeed the % we got in the final exam. they haven't factored in any of the assessment elements in it yet.

Hope it calms some of you down...

note: im still shakey.. because i've been told so many different things i dont know anymore.

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
Just curious...

Is your final 'grade' usually higher or lower than your total raw mark? that is, your pre-final AND your final mark.

Last edited:

ghani

HSC
Re: Marks Are Out

arashnaebkhil said:
Ur a complete dickhead! Complete loser. Trying to pick lil fights for nothing
just like what you do so im gonna have a go now

X

xeuyrawp

Monstar said:
I got news from a friend who has a friend that works within macquarie.. those marks that were released were indeed the % we got in the final exam. they haven't factored in any of the assessment elements in it yet.

Hope it calms some of you down...

note: im still shakey.. because i've been told so many different things i dont know anymore.
Firstly, you need to be dubious about what a friend who works "within" Macquarie says. A few people here work "within" Macquarie and would have nfi (like me). Indeed, most people who work for the uni and actually know the facts usually wouldn't say anything about if - if I was exposed to it in my work that I did for the uni (although it has nothing to do with marks), it would definitely be a breach of my employment contract to say anything.

Secondly, not every subject has a "final exam" - that's a contrived term that's only used in subjects which have such an exam. One of my subjects this semester was an archaeological fieldwork subject which is based partly on a massive essay and partly on attitude, ethic, performance, etc on-site. Last semester, one of my subjects was entirely weekly assessments, so I don't know how that would fit into the "final exam".

Just my 2 yen.

shhy8029 said:
Just curious...

Is your final 'grade' usually higher or lower than your total raw mark? that is, your pre-final AND your final mark.
Despite what anyone here will say, it depends completely on the subject. Some conveners do things differently from others their department. Some departments do things different from others in their division. Divisions usually do things differently from each other.

Then there's how Senate processes them.

If you want an answer, you have to ask your convener, although they'll probably say "who cares?", which is pretty much right. Unless your convener's a noob, or your year is exceptional, your raw marks will usually be around your final mark. Understanding how it exactly works is a bit irrelevant, imo.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: Marks Are Out

ghani said:
just like what you do so im gonna have a go now
Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha.

Epic. Win.

Oh fuck no, he listens to Chuckie Akenz as welll....hahaha YOU WANT BEEF?!

X

xeuyrawp

You now get a 403 error when you visit results.mq.edu.au (used to be not found), so I reckon they're still looking to put it back up when the results come out.

I like it how you can't view your course details, though, because that's how you used to be able to get your marks early.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
MQ Announcements said:
First half-year Examination Result Release
As previously advised to students, official examination results for first half-year will not be released till Tuesday 15 July. However, we discovered yesterday that a non-Macquarie web posting on Wednesday night advised students that Macquarie's student results can be accessed early from a non-eStudent site. Students have subsequently been approaching staff on the basis that the results that they have accessed are the official results.

Investigations have revealed a security problem with a non-eStudent back-up site that was being tested. ITS has resolved the security problem and advised that fewer than 200 students had accessed this test site before it was removed. However, it needs to be emphasised that students will have accessed a test site which contains a mix of current and non-current results. More importantly, Academic Senate has not yet met to review the results and no results will be final until after the Examinations Meeting of Academic Senate.

It is recommended that any student stating that they have received their semester 1 results already should be advised that official results for semester 1 will not be released till Tuesday 15 July, and that Academic Senate has not yet met to consider semester 1 results.

This message was sent by Suzanne Kelly, Director, Student Business and Systems Solutions (Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Chief Operating Officer) and approved by Paul Bowler, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Chief Operating Officer.

Phone: Ext 9490

Publish Date: 11 Jul 2008
http://www.announcements.mq.edu.au/others/first-half_year_examination_result_release

hannahxxx

HSC
Just a general comment but I love the way that there ARE generally probs with non-e student results sites. Like last year I couldn't get my results off e student b/c of library fines. But then I went onto one of the temporary results sites and it gave them to me straight away. Hope they keep it up

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled usually enters with the alternate site (usually just an IP address) - although this time it looks like results.mq.edu.au will be the official alternate.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
hey everyone, just back from a short holiday. So the results were accessible early eh? I bet they are the real marks - I doubt they would have old marks on there. Oh well - only 28 hours to go :p (assuming the site doesn't crash).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hannahxxx said:
Just a general comment but I love the way that there ARE generally probs with non-e student results sites. Like last year I couldn't get my results off e student b/c of library fines. But then I went onto one of the temporary results sites and it gave them to me straight away. Hope they keep it up
Its cos estudent and the student1 database/program/application is fucking pathetic and is the biggest obstacle in pretty much every administrative problem at the uni.

All the other things just pull out the relevant information and are done outside of the application, thus do not have the 'problems' nor the checks of estudent.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i remember a few years ago they released them at about 10pm. But in the latter years they seem to only do it at midnight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)