• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Results (1 Viewer)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I'm absolutely ecstatic about my trial results so far. I've got legal, business and modern history back so far.
Legal I got 89% (2nd)
Business I got 82% (3rd)
Modern History I got 88% (2nd)
Also today I got my history extension major assignment back, receiving a mark of 47/50. I've had like the best few days.
However next week I get english and economics back. Those results will be interesting.
However at the moment, it's all good :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Physics - 89.5% (1st) --> 2nd was 64%
Chemistry - 88% (1st) --> 2nd was somewhere in the 70's.
Maths - 97% (1st) --> 2nd was 80%
Maths Ext - 90% (1st) --> 2nd was 51%
Engineering Studies - 87.5% (1st) --> 2nd was low mid 60's I think.

MouNtY

my marks were depressing...i'd passed all my exams, but the marks were really average...i really hope that they made these exams harder then the actual hsc, it's not that the exams were hard, but i don't think "night before" study would've done much for me...these test were apparently the "shock factor" before the hsc, and ummm...yeah, it's kinda workin'

kylie_robbo

Well I have gotten back everything except Music 1 and an actual mark for PDHPE, and so far the only thing I have passed is General Maths (64% = 6/23)

St Eng ~ 47% (I came top for the pre-lim year, but now that we have a different teacher who doesn't like me...)
PDHPE fail. My teacher won't tell me my mark for another week (cos I failed)
S&C 41%... also had a change of teacher for the HSC year... HSC teacher was my pre-lim St Eng teacher... she liked me then, doesn't now...

mack

Banned
HSC
I was ultimately happy with my marks.

Maths-99%
Maths Ext-91%
English-90%
Economics-95%
Legal-92%
Business-97%
Music-100%

Your marks were great Xayma. Did you do much study for the exams?

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Ive been hearing that the trials are harder than the actual HSC because the papers like Independent and CSSA are quite (as my english teacher put it) "severely up themself" and attempt to separate their students from the others.

Hence the reason they include questions that at times drift from the criteria and syllabus dot point into "extension" work.

Im not sure whether to believe it...

Tarek

havent got any of my marks back yet, but this is how i think i went.
English: ... totally screwed up.. fail for sure..
3u math:will pass but there goes my rank
4u math:pass but there goes my rank
Economics: ~60% no where near good enough
Physics: went alright but not what i wanted (who can forget what jj thompson's experiment was?... i did)
Chemistry: Is water an element... ill just leave it at that.

studying. never been a fan i just cant sit down and study. if i do, i get decent marks but not what i wanted so my brain says dont bother u got no hope. so i dont... no hope...

Tarek

Atotoi said:
Ive been hearing that the trials are harder than the actual HSC because the papers like Independent and CSSA are quite (as my english teacher put it) "severely up themself" and attempt to separate their students from the others.

Hence the reason they include questions that at times drift from the criteria and syllabus dot point into "extension" work.

Im not sure whether to believe it...

i believe it... my trials are about 3 times harder than past hsc papers...

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
i was exceptionally surprised at my mark consider fact i didnt study due out the trial at all...

i couldnt study cos i was suffering hay fever and had snot ran down my face for nearly 2 week.....

4 teachers went to me after my 2nd exam and told me to stay home unless my health improve because im disturbing other students with my nose blowing.. sowi ^^,

i wonder: if teachers want their students to perform wel for the trial, then y did they make us do the cssa papers???

kylie_robbo

The teachers dont want their students to peak for their trials. Some may interpret that as the teachers dont actually want us to do well in aomething that is worth up to 40% of assessment.

They give the CSSA and the Independant papers to us to give us a scare and to make us realise that we have to work to achieve the marks that we want to get.

But after my trial results, I dont think I want to achieve what my goal has been. If there was more than 32 days until the graduation assembly and 12.5 hours of exams to go, I think I would drop out.

The one subject that I did pass, Gen Maths, our teacher is thinking that we are going to ace the exam, which is going to make him look like a fantastic teacher, especially when compared to last year's Gen Maths class. He has now gotten to the stage where he will bring playing cards from the maths storeroom to class so that we can play Warlords & Scumbags, Cheat and some other game that I have forgotten the title of in our three periods of maths on Tues week A. (And any other maths period too.)

Oh the hardships of Gen Maths.

zhongie

HSC
I went pretty well, am happy that work paid off.

Latin 90%
English Adv 96%
English Ext. 1 98%
Economics 92.5%
Japanese Beg. 95%
History Ext 86%
Modern history (Don't have back but screwed)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
mack said:
Your marks were great Xayma. Did you do much study for the exams?
Probably should have done more study. But I was reasonably happen because I always got at least 1 mark for what I wrote. Ie. I just needed to expand it.

I was a tad annoyed with myself with chemistry because I stuffed up a few calculations.

ie a titration used 25mL of unknown and standardised that with variable quantities of a known so doing it pretty quickly I misread it and went with the standard 25mL of known.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
withoutaface said:
A mark in the 50's is only 10-16th:eek: I woulda thought it would have been much lower
lol how big a snob are you ;P

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
well i only have maths and french back... but i didn't do too great...
maths: 65%
3 unit maths: ummm that's too embarrassing to post... let's just say i only just got above zero out of 50...
french: 73%

english i THINK went ok... chem... i already have a 30% average and i have a feeling this is going to get lower...

mack

Banned
HSC
Although my marks look flashy, all my subjects are pretty pisspoor scaling wise(with the exception of Maths Ext and Eco) so it will even itself later on. I think Xaymas chem and phys results were much better.

chickenntaters

Congrats on everyones marks. I've gotten all of mine back except Studies of Religion.
Business - 95% [1st] - 2nd was 92%
Physics - 78% [2nd] - 1st was 80%
IPT - 88% [1st] - 2nd was 76%
English - 79% [not sure about the rank, but probably 1st/2nd]

04er

HSC
Xayma said:
Physics - 89.5% (1st) --> 2nd was 64%
Chemistry - 88% (1st) --> 2nd was somewhere in the 70's.
Maths - 97% (1st) --> 2nd was 80%
Maths Ext - 90% (1st) --> 2nd was 51%
Engineering Studies - 87.5% (1st) --> 2nd was low mid 60's I think.
man those 2nd rank marks are low! By the way, what did you get for English Xayma?

Well, these are my results...
English - 86% (1)
Biology - 86% (1)
Chemistry - 91% (1)
Physics - 90% (2)
Maths - 95% (3)
Maths Ext - 92% (1)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)