• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Return of the Chemistry Game before trials! (1 Viewer)

lfc_reds2003

algal bloom - rapid growth of algae because of increased levels of phosphorus and nitrogen levels in the form of phosphates and nitrates usually from sewage and ag runoff

Last edited by a moderator:

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Single Bond : A covalent bond formed by the sharing of two electrons between two nuclei.

lfc_reds2003

N:

non-destructive analysis: sample tested is recoverable

an example is using a pH probe instead of an indicator

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Salt bridge: Either a tube filled with a concentrated solution of an electrolyte, or a permeable material (eg, paper towel, candle wick) soaked in a concentrated solution of an electrolyte. The salt bridge is used to connect two half-cells of an electrochemical cell and conduct electricity between them while preventing their contents from mixing.

lfc_reds2003

E:

excited state : (besides the state i am in due to this game lol) , in AES - electron gains energy and jumps energy levels to an 'excited state'

ENJOY ANOTHER E lol

lfc_reds2003

eeeek another e

E: E.coli - quite harmless bacteria (to humans) but is a signal that water is contaminated with sewage.....

i..... interesting hehe

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
excited electrons (alliteration, too!): electrons which have absorbed energy, and are able to jump to a higher energy level in the atom.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Lime Water: Ca(OH)2, which turns milky in the presence of CO2.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Spectator ion: An ion that is present during the course of an aqueous reaction but does not take part in the reaction.

Never knew litmus came from lichen!
:eek:
that's EXACTLY what i wrote before, except BoS screwed up and i didn't get it posted. you mind-reader. :p

Nickel-Cadmium Cell: consists of a cadmium, cadmium hydroxide negative electrode and a nickel, nickel oxide, hydroxide positive pole, both in contact with a potassium hydroxide electrolyte:

Cd, Cd(OH)2 | KOH | NiO2, Ni(OH)2, Ni

rechargable battery :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)