returned a book; Library says i didn't (1 Viewer)

gsweeper

HSC
Hey guys, i recently returned a book that I borrowed from the library. A few days after returning it, i get a email from the library saying one particular book was overdue, i returned another three that day. I rang them up, they said they'll inquire into it but nothing was found. I rang again saying that it never left me and I was positive that book was returned, so they said they'll inquire into it again.

I am currently studying ext history in year 12, and cannot afford to pay a replacement fine for a book i did not lose. I'm a bit stressed and highly annoyed, i'm just wondering if this stuff happens or if im screwed and there is nothing i can do unless the books shows up asap?

thanks

blackrider89

HSC
Hey guys, i recently returned a book that I borrowed from the library. A few days after returning it, i get a email from the library saying one particular book was overdue, i returned another three that day. I rang them up, they said they'll inquire into it but nothing was found. I rang again saying that it never left me and I was positive that book was returned, so they said they'll inquire into it again.

I am currently studying ext history in year 12, and cannot afford to pay a replacement fine for a book i did not lose. I'm a bit stressed and highly annoyed, i'm just wondering if this stuff happens or if im screwed and there is nothing i can do unless the books shows up asap?

thanks
C'est la vie. U will have to negotiate with them.

brendroid

HSC
Hmm...

On a similar note, I got given a letter the day I returned a CD saying the CD was overdue. They didn't register that the CD had been returned and still listed it on the website as being with me.

Negotiations work wonders - if you recall returning it, and you don't have it at your place, simply tell them that you did. What if someone else borrowed it?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Books go missing in the library ALL the time, it really isn't uncommon. Just continue to insist that you returned it and that it must have been misplaced during re-shelving.

X

xeuyrawp

Books go missing in the library ALL the time, it really isn't uncommon. Just continue to insist that you returned it and that it must have been misplaced during re-shelving.
Agree 100%. Also, go look on the shelf.

I've had that happen twice to me, and both times they were on the library shelves.

chrisnumber1

HSC
maybe its a sign.....to get all you annoying school kids away from my library!!

gsweeper

HSC
Well they are in the process of another inquiry, so just waiting for them to contact me, hoping it turns up, kind of annoying me...

@Chris; I don't listen to rock n roll music, i have an ipod not a cd walkman and i have never worn a 3/4 acid wash denim jacket. Sorry to disappoint you :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
That has happened once to me too. Except I found my book on one of those red shelves (the shelves where lazy-arses put books once they have read them - instead of the proper place). Worth checking there if all else fails.

gsweeper

HSC
So the Library finally rings me and admits their error. So relieved, cheers guys

X

xeuyrawp

That has happened once to me too. Except I found my book on one of those red shelves (the shelves where lazy-arses put books once they have read them - instead of the proper place). Worth checking there if all else fails.
You're not supposed to re-shelve books; it's a pretty standard rule across all libraries globally.
gsweepers said:
So the Library finally rings me and admits their error. So relieved, cheers guys
Great - standing up for yourself often pays off when it comes to the university bureaucracy. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)