RFTG creative writing for HSC please (1 Viewer)

HSC
need alot of help!
im a very very very last minute person!
one week out from english ext exam and im still without a creative.
if any one out there happens to have a spare and would be kind to lend it i would be most grateful.
Im doing Retreat from the global

umaycallmealex

HSC
mm no offence to you, sir, but doesn't it say something about the state of HSC English when one has people on the internet asking to 'borrow' creatives?
I mean, what happened to the idea that creatives are (a) original (b) spontaneous?
BoS really needs to look at the way it runs its English courses, for fear that all the independent (and literary) components are lost and they become contests of studiousness and memorising/regurgitating pre-learned responses from the internet or from tutors.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
umaycallmealex said:
mm no offence to you, sir, but doesn't it say something about the state of HSC English when one has people on the internet asking to 'borrow' creatives?
I mean, what happened to the idea that creatives are (a) original (b) spontaneous?
BoS really needs to look at the way it runs its English courses, for fear that all the independent (and literary) components are lost and they become contests of studiousness and memorising/regurgitating pre-learned responses from the internet or from tutors.
True enough. The people here who know creative writing - like me - are probably more than willing to help you out. We're not however, going to to your work for you.

Sastrawan

HSC
umaycallmealex said:
LOL Wells, is THAT what you call ownage? I was expecting some massive dissertation in which you demolish some guy's argument! I agree whole heartedly that plagiarism is wrong on every level, but I think it's a tad idealistic to say that HSC creatives are "original" and "spontaneous". Something which is marked according to a strict set of criteria based on a unit of study in class can hardly be called spontaneous in any circumstances. And as for originality, sure that has a place, but everyone is trying to do the same thing: show their awareness of "ways of thinking". RFTG is pretty much only one way of thinking, right? The HSC is very much not about expressing your talent for English, but exactly as you say "memorising/regurgitating pre-learned responses". It would be very hard to tell tens of thousands of students to write the best story they could, and then attempt to rank these in mark order. Can you imagine the kerfuffle when there are no dogmatic criteria to adhere to? Sadly, the very nature of the assessment process precludes flashy displays of deep understanding. Wait a bit till uni (but there's a whole set of other problems there), and do an Arts degree like myself!

That said, I'm sure you did brilliantly in your exam today :) Are you pumped for Physics?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)