Right decision? Dropped Bio for Business Studies (1 Viewer)

benn07

HSC
Im still making up my mind whether or not i made the right choice, the bio teacher is kinda angry at me, cause i did well in science last year, but i dont really need bio, and i didnt really wanna do two sciences. Is business studies better than bio (in your opinion) or not? Which scales better? Because i like both.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Business Studies is tooo easy. i think its the wrong decision, but its your hsc.

K

katie_tully

bio > business studies

but whatever, depends what you want to do when you finish the hsc.

dont let your bio teacher tell you what subjects you can/cannot do. teachers are frig wits 99% of the time. they told me i couldnt do PD/H/PE in yr 11, so i did the prelim course over the summer holidays whilst doing the HSC course and got 85 in the hsc :)

scaling, id say bio scales better than business studies because business studies is what is commonly referred to as a 'vegie subject' :)

Foxodi

HSC
If you want an easy subject for marks, Pick business
If you want to get into a business related career, Pick business

Otherwise I find Business to be too easy, which translates to just plain boring. But yeah, just go with whatever you enjoy/need.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
It is difficult to choose one subject out of two subjects that you both like. But in that case, the one you are better at is one to go. You mentioned that you performed quite well in Science last year, which means that you have great potential in Biology but you also might prove to be an exceptional student in Commerce as well. But if you still don't know what to choose, look at below.

Business Studies:
  • is a subject where scaling of it is the not the most attractive feature (i.e. it has a low scaling compared to Biology)
  • is a subject where it seems that it is easier to learn
  • is a subject which is quite theory-based
  • is a subject where competition is quite low considering Biology
  • may interest you if you want vocations (jobs) related to commerce, finance, accounting and etc.
Biology:
  • is a subject where scaling is quite good
  • is considered easiest science excluding Earth and Environmental Science and Senior Science.
  • has quite a competition
  • is a deemed subject for many and many university courses
  • may interst you if you want occupations related to engineering, agriculture, medical and etc.
Feel free and this decision is entirely yours. But make sure you make a right one. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)