• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

RIP Borat Sagdiyev (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Borat and Ali G retire from showbiz
Saturday Dec 22 06:44 AEDT

Sacha Baron Cohen has told Britain's The Daily Telegraph that he is retiring the clueless Kazakh journalist, as well as his alter ego, aspiring rapper Ali G.

"When I was being Ali G and Borat I was in character sometimes 14 hours a day and I came to love them, so admitting I am never going to play them again is quite a sad thing," the 36-year-old actor-comedian says in the newspaper's Friday edition.

"It is like saying goodbye to a loved one. It is hard, and the problem with success, although it's fantastic, is that every new person who sees the Borat movie is one less person I 'get' with Borat again, so it's a kind of self-defeating form, really."

Baron Cohen brought Borat Sagdiyev - an anti-Semitic buffoon in search of Pamela Anderson - to the masses last year with his smash comedy film Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. He first introduced the character on Da Ali G Show.

"It's much easier for me to be in character and it's a lot more fun," he says. "If I'd done the entire promotional campaign for (the 'Borat' movie) as myself it wouldn't have developed in the same way."

Baron Cohen - not Borat - can be seen as a singing barber in Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd, co-starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.
Linky

Good riddance.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Bruno is his funniest character.
Looking forward to the movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)