Rock Music! (1 Viewer)

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by luigi_000
yeah sweet man i love grinspoon
"Just then I had a gunfight."

"Oh no it's winter"

What sort of lyrics do you call these? Plus the fact that the lead guy cannot sing in tune AT ALL. #>8-(

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo

"Just then I had a gunfight."

"Oh no it's winter"

What sort of lyrics do you call these? Plus the fact that the lead guy cannot sing in tune AT ALL. #>8-(
i reckon he does a fair go of it... and who cares? not every song has to be a deep and meaningful exploration into the human condition

:spaceshp:

on another note, i like this spaceship idea.

halo_fourteen

yeah sweet man i love grinspoon
i started liking them in year 8, but still like them heheh. they might have gone a bit commercial or whatever, but i still like them..
hehe and
phil jamieson is hot
i think the thing that makes them so good is they are sweet as when they are live...
They are always drunk when they are live. And I think Phil is ugly, not that I care about looks or whatever.
Grinspoon used to be good in the DCX3 days. What the fuck is chemical heart? Sellouts.

Big day out was kinda sucky this year besides SOAD and JBT. Why couldn't Tomahawk and Tea Party go to Sydney... and how shit was Silverchair. What a fuckin faggot.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
sevendust is an amazing band:)

hrm i also like korn, tool, SoaD, smashing pumpkins, metallica, sepultura..

i hate punk..it just gets under my skin...and whats with all those 'whats" and "here we goes" at the start of good charlottle songs

argh;/

R & B is TERRIBLE though...jeez a bunch of talentless mongoloids grabbing thier crotches and talking (as opposed to singing) about how often they root;\

dont get me started on pop or canto pop ;\

Last edited:

ben

That new good charlotte song pisses me off so much - thank god for the Ketchup song! :cool:

Jellymonsta

I think you're making a mistake saying that pop music sucks. ok, most of it does, but there is the occasional good song that becomes (or is) pop. Pop music in itself is ok (but generally not to my taste). Its the marketing inherent in current pop music that i cannot stand (ie Popstars, artists trying to get put in space :( ). And the sameness (To Selwyn and Craig David: :chainsaw: ).
There are also good radio stations - if u look for them... Triple J has some good segments, as does 107.3 (forget the name of that one). Just not many.
im surprised (in a good way) with the amount of people who actually know about and enjoy blues and jazz (thelonious monk :) ) because current 'alternative' music has undergone the same transformation that pop music has - it just has a different market.
i dont mind pop or what it has become - its just that most of it is disappointing, and not made as 'music', but as a product to be sold.
btw i met the lead singer from grinspoon through my friend... i have no respect for him anymore. Not to discredit Grinspoon, however... just him.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
whoever said grinspoon are drunk when they perform live, who cares
and whoever said phil is ugly, no he's not . he's hot

"chemical heart is a sell out"

when i first heard it I was like WHAT THE!?!? but now i like it

i really don't care if grinspoon are cool or whatever to you guys, its just that they were one of the first bands i liked and i think they are good live.

sorry if they dont have enough street cred ...

dissonance

btw i met the lead singer from grinspoon through my friend... i have no respect for him anymore. Not to discredit Grinspoon, however... just him.
Interesting you say that...I had the pleasure of being at the same place Alex Lloyd was last New Years and needless to say his pudgy size made him look more like a pimp than a rock star as he was dressed all in white with two chicks hangin off him all night....

HSC
Originally posted by Jellymonsta

There are also good radio stations - if u look for them... Triple J has some good segments, as does 107.3 (forget the name of that one). Just not many.
Triple J is the only station I can tolerate..... I should try out 107.3, what sorta stuff they play?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
believe it or not community radio stations play some good stuff ie : there is a community station in Ryde.....is only on monday night..they play local metal, death metal, some rock and alot of foreign bands that dont get much airplay on mainstream radio..

i just wish i could remember what the number of it was gads! (great lot of help there lol)

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
muahha death metal

"i felt the air rise up in me, kneel down and feel the stone of leaves (or whatever), i wander out where i cant see. inside the shell i wait and BLEED. BLEED. YOU HAVENT LEARNT A THING!??!?! RAH RAH RAH"

yeah slipknot is too good

:D :D

not

HSC
muahha death metal

"i felt the air rise up in me, kneel down and feel the stone of leaves (or whatever), i wander out where i cant see. inside the shell i wait and BLEED. BLEED. YOU HAVENT LEARNT A THING!??!?! RAH RAH RAH"

yeah slipknot is too good

:D :D

not
I don't think Slipknot qualifies as death metal, because its not disonant and distorted enough and also because it has sold more than 12 copies (because when you do you are instantly labelled a sellout and therefore no longer fit to be 'real' music).

Damn Sh!tknot is sh!t.....

and so is death metal....:chainsaw:

Christine

beige member
HSC
whoever said grinspoon are drunk when they perform live, who cares
and whoever said phil is ugly, no he's not . he's hot

"chemical heart is a sell out"

when i first heard it I was like WHAT THE!?!? but now i like it

i really don't care if grinspoon are cool or whatever to you guys, its just that they were one of the first bands i liked and i think they are good live.

sorry if they dont have enough street cred ...
i completely agree- did u see them on the arias? i think their performance was amazing.

halo_fourteen

Well... I guess I just don't like punk, and there are no Australian bands that are worth listening to in my opinion.

My fav bands are:

Nine Inch Nails (even though it's not really a band), Dream Theater, The Tea Party, Mr Bungle, Faith No More and Tool.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
The Vines are a decent aussie band..dream theatre and 20 min songs 4l:)

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
they were like the only band at the arias that performed live
stupid holly valance and selwyn mouthing their songs

ps the vines are over-rated

ben

they were like the only band at the arias that performed live
stupid holly valance and selwyn mouthing their songs

ps the vines are over-rated
holly valance wasn't singing live??? I couldn't tell!! :apig: :D

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
haha yeah she was mouthing the words, cos if u looked closely she didnt even say half of them and it was out of time
ps ben i didnt realise you are doing so well
you are like 3rd in the year or 2nd or something

congratulations ^_^

dissonance

yeah, the aria performances were a bit strange. Like, motor ace played to a backing track (ie. only live vocals) but Taxiride of all pop bands were completely live, same with silverchair and george (although I'd have expected Goerge to play live).

and yeah...the Vines - well in my opinion "Get Free" is a good song but they seem overrated to me - I wouldn't say that if I'd only heard the studio version of "Get Free" though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)