Roll Call: Class of 2018 (1 Viewer)

MNAEEM

HSC
i just wanted to ask about engineering and maths, at the beginning of yr 11 i was in 2u maths and they had an exam which was dropping people to general maths, because of personal reasons i didnt have nough time to revise and unfortunately went to genral maths and i want to do engineering, however as soon as school finishes i am willing to learn 2u and 3u maths properly and extensively, i will sacrifice my holidays to learn 2u and 3u and later undertake a bridging course and take the tests to assess my knowlege on the subjects...just wanted to know if i will be fine or will have issues

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
i just wanted to ask about engineering and maths, at the beginning of yr 11 i was in 2u maths and they had an exam which was dropping people to general maths, because of personal reasons i didnt have nough time to revise and unfortunately went to genral maths and i want to do engineering, however as soon as school finishes i am willing to learn 2u and 3u maths properly and extensively, i will sacrifice my holidays to learn 2u and 3u and later undertake a bridging course and take the tests to assess my knowlege on the subjects...just wanted to know if i will be fine or will have issues
I've seen a few people mention similar things to this (E.g. "I can't do Extension 1 because there's a cut-off) and of all the schools I've been to, all of them have said that they're not allowed to NOT let me do a subject. They can advise me against it, but ultimately whether it's through distance ed because there's not enough space, or your marks are too low and you want to continue the subject anyways, I don't think they can force you to drop. Unless anyone can concretely say this is allowed, I think it'd be good to ask a headteacher of even NESA...

MNAEEM

HSC
yeah theres not much i can do now, its not like i can take them to court or something now ill just have to work with what i have, but as listted above my main question is will i be fine if i put in effort after hsc and learn 2u and 3u maths properly for engineering?

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
yeah theres not much i can do now, its not like i can take them to court or something now ill just have to work with what i have, but as listted above my main question is will i be fine if i put in effort after hsc and learn 2u and 3u maths properly for engineering?
Haha, I was assuming this was something recent and you still had time to reverse it. But you don't have to sue (I appreciate the humour), I'm just saying you can call NESA and just ask - you never know what you might be able to do.
If it's not a prerequisite, you can do bridging courses anyways, and if it is a prerequisite, as far as I know, learning the content on your own won't work and you need proof (typically from HSC) that you did it. So I don't think there is any need to learn it on your own (unless you want to). You don't have to learn it by yourself AND do a bridging course.

MNAEEM

HSC
yeah thats right, thanks for the feedback. Also im hoping to get in to unsw engineering and they dont have any prerequisites YET hopefully i can put in effort and do a bridging course aswell and putting effort myself, because bridging courses just cover all the topics and give minimal practice...im willing to sacrifice my holidays to learn the math properly... do you think ill be fine in engineering if i do that?

Danneo

HSC
Hello
Current doing Mathematics, MX1, Physics, SDD, English Standard and Music 1
Hoping for anything but a mystery mark

Phippsi

HSC
G'day from Rural NSW.
Subjects are: Advanced English, Extension 1 Maths, Drama, Chemistry & Physics
Going to ADFA to Study a B.Sc in Aviation & Chemistry where I will stream into the Officer Aviation Role, preferably Weapons Systems in the back of an FA-18F Super Hornet. The minimum ATAR is 76, but you are guaranteed entry with an ATAR >85.
I'm aiming for 85, knowing that I get 8 Adjustment Factor's (Bonus Points) for being a rural school and doing relevant courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)