Romulus My Father (1 Viewer)

fatgoldfish91

HSC
Re: Romulus, My Father Study Guide

thanks heaps :] this is going to be really useful =ω=

LEEESHA

HSC
Romulus techniques

I was wondering if anyone could PLEASE send me any notes on language features of romulus my father that convey belonging? I'm having a lot of trouble trying to do a detailed analysis on it...

Thanks

Millie37

HSC
Re: Romulus techniques

I was wondering if anyone could PLEASE send me any notes on language features of romulus my father that convey belonging? I'm having a lot of trouble trying to do a detailed analysis on it...

Thanks
well with language techniques, i have quite a bit in my book so ill type some stuff up. It's really basic and choppy, jsut basic notes, but i think you could expand on a few points quite a lot.
:)

The fact that it is a memoir allows for reflection and reminiscent tone and an understanding of events. It allows Gaita to look back on memories from his childhood and see htem in a new light, the text could most definatly be considered sometimes romanticised.

It's written in retrospect - eulogy, this purpose is clearly exposed in the Gaita clearly makes the book about his father with little information about his personal life later, all/most events involve Romulus.

The book focuses on events that illustrate his fathers temperament and allows an evaluation of Romulus and Gaitas' bond

It has a certain lyrical quality, which is evident in his lush landscape imagery.

The lack of dialogue and direct quotes allow the responder to feel more included within the text

The simplistic/ precise and effective language/ description and the fact that Gaita does not embellish events to much which makes the book an easy, simple and beutiful read communicating the main ideas a lot clearer.

Symbolism and motifs present through out the book - mental illness, setting, connection with animals and land, family

Central irony - the memoir allows Gaita to attempt to search for his own identitym autobiographical

analytical and rather detached - philosophical, Gaitas personal context (a main contributer to ones sense of belonging) influences his approach to writing the novel. - Gaitas level of education is evident and conversations rarely border on colloqiual

hope that all helped!! :)

Millie37

HSC
Re: Belonging - Romulus, My Father

I bought this really good book.
It's like a little study guide/cheat book.
by Top Notes on Romulus my father.

it was only $12 at dymmocks and contains chapter by chapter analysis, character analysis, language analysis, thematic concerns, practice essay question ideas for other texts and the most useful quotes in the book in backing up ideas and notions of belonging.

a good 12 dollars spent. :)

LEEESHA

HSC

well with language techniques, i have quite a bit in my book so ill type some stuff up. It's really basic and choppy, jsut basic notes, but i think you could expand on a few points quite a lot.
:)

The fact that it is a memoir allows for reflection and reminiscent tone and an understanding of events. It allows Gaita to look back on memories from his childhood and see htem in a new light, the text could most definatly be considered sometimes romanticised.

It's written in retrospect - eulogy, this purpose is clearly exposed in the Gaita clearly makes the book about his father with little information about his personal life later, all/most events involve Romulus.

The book focuses on events that illustrate his fathers temperament and allows an evaluation of Romulus and Gaitas' bond

It has a certain lyrical quality, which is evident in his lush landscape imagery.

The lack of dialogue and direct quotes allow the responder to feel more included within the text

The simplistic/ precise and effective language/ description and the fact that Gaita does not embellish events to much which makes the book an easy, simple and beutiful read communicating the main ideas a lot clearer.

Symbolism and motifs present through out the book - mental illness, setting, connection with animals and land, family

Central irony - the memoir allows Gaita to attempt to search for his own identitym autobiographical

analytical and rather detached - philosophical, Gaitas personal context (a main contributer to ones sense of belonging) influences his approach to writing the novel. - Gaitas level of education is evident and conversations rarely border on colloqiual

hope that all helped!! :)
hey this helped alot, thanks :)

ferns92

HSC

anyone have quotes and how it relates to belonging from Romulus?

kenshinx77

HSC
Can anyone helped me composed an essay on belonging in refrence to Romulus my father?
I cant get a proper thesis going yet and i cant identify any techniques in the text. It would be much appreciated if someone could help me

i fucken hate eng

f.soul

HSC
Re: Poem linking to Romulus, My Father

Yes please i would like some help analysing it thanks =D (ydlunderground_66@hotmail.com)

villian

HSC
Lolz.
Dont the bees convey Romulus' compassionate and caring nature as he helps humans, animals and even the smallest of things, such as the bees. It shows his humanity and character.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
rong m8 this is belonging
all answer must include he is belong to bees
or bees belong to him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)