Romulus My Father (1 Viewer)

starlight190

HSC
Belonging - Romulu, My Father Question

hey all

ive heard that theres a metaphorical symbolism of the 'bee' in romulus, my father... anyone have a clue what it is? pls help! you may even help someone else with this question! :confused:

thanks.

Please only post relevant answers.​

Last edited:

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
Re: Belonging - Romulu, My Father Question

wrong forum guys :)

HSC

Haven't read. Though "bee" could symbolise industry, creativity, wealth, diligence and eloquence.

starlight190

HSC

kevinx2 said:
Haven't read. Though "bee" could symbolise industry, creativity, wealth, diligence and eloquence.
Yeah it's possible. Though I'm going to need what it actually symbolises in the book! Sorry!

Thanks for answering though.;)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC

starlight190 said:
hey all

ive heard that theres a metaphorical symbolism of the 'bee' in romulus, my father... anyone have a clue what it is? pls help! you may even help someone else with this question! :confused:

thanks.

the only thing i can remember about bees is when romulus revives a whole bunch of bees outside his workshop

that probably symbolises some english bullshit that i dont understand :)

starlight190

HSC

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS said:
the only thing i can remember about bees is when romulus revives a whole bunch of bees outside his workshop

rofl:rofl:

probs lol. sounds about right.... thanks for your answer

People: This thread isn'tclosed yet!:hammer:

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC

starlight190 said:
rofl:rofl:

probs lol. sounds about right.... thanks for your answer
well sucked in cos you got to figure out what the hell it means

Romulus likes bees....
Romulus is jesus christ come back from the dead...

who knows

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A

starlight190 said:
Please only post relevant answers. :wave:
please post only relevant threads

i.e. post it in the right section (belonging area of study)

the other person was perfectly in the right to point that out

Alice.e.

HSC
Hey,
Can anyne give me any suggestions as to where I can find essays before I self destruct!
Alice

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS said:

ha yeah i do agree. i hate having to like interpret something the way it isnt meant to be interpreted in english.

anyway it basically shows romulus' compassionate nature and caring attitude. it shows belonging because people who belong to each other often have a desire to care for each other. It shows that Romulus feels the bees belong to him, and that he should care for them.

thats all i can get out of it haha. pretty stupid thing to have to do i don't envy you

genuineforce

HSC

starlight190 said:
hey all

thanks.

Please only post relevant answers.​
hey hey ..
i havent herd bout it being symbolic
but its been in the back of my mind
not just about the bees though ..
all his animals hey ??
dunno just putting it out there ...
well i rekon it probs has sum metaphorical crap ..
btw FUK ENGLISH>.. just putting that out there aswell =)
maybe.. he through the bees has a chance to be free..
or as his emotions are all kept inside while caring for others
the bee's are a sence of tensional relief as the fly away from his tensile body ?

Meghanwithah

HSC

I think the bees symbolise redemption and hope. I can't find the correct section in the book but in the movie it seems related to Raimond's upbringing. Despite all of the tragedies he goes through, and the outlook we expect he would have he still succeeds in life. Like how Romulus 'resurrects' the bees with light Raimond can continue living and appreciating life because of the relationship he shares with his father. This bond remains Raimonds leaning post, a symbol of redemption and hope, a light at the end of the tunnel kind of thing that carries him through great suffering.

Elite13

HSC
Poem linking to Romulus, My Father

Hey guys! :)

I'm in need of suggestions for a poem about belonging that I can link back to the concept of Belonging made in Romulus, My Father.

I can't seem to find a poem that relates to belonging in the sense of a family unit.

Thanks for any help/suggestions :)

7oas7y

HSC

• Bees are suicide bombers. They take down a bunch of people in the process of taking themselves down. This is paralleled to Mitru and Christina, also suicide bombers. They fuck up Raimond's upbringing and Hora + Romulus' cashflow and then kill themselves. Harsh but true.

• Bees are hard workers. Romulus and maybe Hora are hard workers. They both work all day with very strict regime/morals. Raimond is the queen bee. He is spoiled eg Hora's oranges, which Christina goes and eats, which is pretty funny. Romulus and Hora practicly live only to attend to Raimond's needs, similar to bees and the queen.

• Bees are black and yellow, and a fact that not many people know is that Raimond's favourite shirt was yellow and black striped. Little people know this. You cannot simply Google it. You must take my word. I dare you to put this in an essay. I dare you. Do it and I will give you a shiny dollar.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

gibbo153 said:
ha yeah i do agree. i hate having to like interpret something the way it isnt meant to be interpreted in english.

anyway it basically shows romulus' compassionate nature and caring attitude. it shows belonging because people who belong to each other often have a desire to care for each other. It shows that Romulus feels the bees belong to him, and that he should care for them.

thats all i can get out of it haha. pretty stupid thing to have to do i don't envy you
lol.

'cause you listen in english and all.

i missed you sitting next to me today.

hahaha.

indecisive

HSC

bees land on a fower, and when they leave they take that flowers polen with them and it gets dropped into a new environment. Thats kind of what heppens to Raimond and othe rcharacters in the book...thats why its symbolic.

hope that was helpful

Smart- Cookie.

HSC
Hey. All sorts of essays can be found in teaching and learning type books from book shops. My teachers have them. Just ask yours.

Kim.

If im wrong im incredibly sorry

Kimblor

HSC

My teacher said it's like a reflection of his humility and care for all living things;
related to when Gaita says on pg. 179 that "His pleasure in them was an expression of his love of all living things and their regeneration"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)