Rote Learning (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
After completing several past papers from my school for subjects including IPT and business studies, i've noticed that the majority of the short answer and MC are basically recalling facts and defining terms such as 'define sugging' or 'explain how RFID works' with exception to the last long response which requires a bit of thinking. So i've tried roting all my notes and find this excruciatingly boring and would like some suggestions for ways to effectively rote learn things like definitions so that i can recall them off by heart during the exam.

Thanks

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
For rote learning the syllabus I made it into a song

Acronyms, flash cards, song?

iStudent

HSC
Don't memorise word for word. Memorise key points. That worked for me.
Honestly though, you shouldn't need to rote basics such as the definitions. You should be exposed to them so much that you learnt it passively (and this exposure would come through writing notes, doing questions, learning it as your teacher taught it etc.)

Kaido

be.
HSC
^ lol

I actually rote learn as I do more papers. This way, i consolidate AND improve my answers based on different marking criteria as well as being exposed to the variety of new questions that pop up now and then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)