Rove (1 Viewer)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
by now you should all know when you know rove is on, you pick up the remote, put it to ch 9 and watch the apprentice :D

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
aww look, i haven't watched rove since last year but how many people would hate a tv personality just because they're local and they're successful. it's silly to say that he has "ripped off" another show just because they're from the same genre. and if it's not rove on tv, it'd be some stupid american sitcom anyway.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Toodulu
it's silly to say that he has "ripped off" another show just because they're from the same genre. and if it's not rove on tv, it'd be some stupid american sitcom anyway.
no, he has...one of the american shows, (the name of the show has escaped my mind, one of the late shows), it is the EXACT same format, they do everything the same (the same segments just with different names)

routemarker

HSC
lol na rove steals some bits, namely...

last year he did a 'big brother quiz' which is multiple choice where choice c) was the funny answer.

identical 'Late Show Quiz' ie recently grammys quiz

Also he does some thing similar to the "Late Show Top Ten ' Lists although his isnt really a list and tries to avoid having 10 of them.

ill say 'what the...?' is original, the thought of that.

but he does copy the late show a hell of alot. if he had his own band for him to chat to from time to time, it would be very similar

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
nope, only seen spaceballs, blazing saddles and men in tights, although i have heard good things about young frankenstein and the producers, but then i heard good things about spaceballs (*cough*mark*cough*)
well of course mark would say good things about it! think logically. young frankenstein is f-ing brilliant, and men in tights isn't without its charms :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by routemarker
sadly, no, Rove has plagiarised even that.

Brad

if you think rove is a good interviewer, you obviously havent seen much, rove's interviews are basically promo's for people on the circuit.

watch denton for a good, long researched interview, anyone see the peter foster interview!!!!! he's mnot afraid to ask the hard questions

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
well of course mark would say good things about it! think logically. young frankenstein is f-ing brilliant, and men in tights isn't without its charms :p
yeah, i liked men in tights. think logically

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hey erin, can you pm me the addy for BT, im at uni (the addy is in my faves at home, so i dont have to remember it)
thanks

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
sadly, no, Rove has plagiarised even that.
Yeah. It has a close resemblance to features on American programmes such as The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.. Highlighting wacky typos and other such whimsy.

Bring back Micallef Tonight, I say. And like an out of stock herb salesman, we've run out of oregano..I mean, thyme.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
lol to me that is the only not original segment. this is done everywhere

editL i remember it from hey hey it's sat as well.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
OMG, hey hey, i hadnt thought about that show for years...
dicky nee, ozzy ostrich...the wheel thingy...those were the nights, what ever happenned to such good entertainment for a saturday night?
lol!!

Brad

i never got to see the front of dickie nee, i was so pissed off, i turned around just as it got turned around :(:(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i loved that show, it was such saturday night fun

Originally posted by Brad
i never got to see the front of dickie nee, i was so pissed off, i turned around just as it got turned around :(:(
did they show the front of him? i can't remember

red faces rocked!

routemarker

HSC
hmm, ive never known a "what the...?" segment

and just think about this, all american late night talkshows are on every weekday. now if rove were to do a show every day for 1 hr hed run out of material lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)