RTA driving test (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
Someone said longer and harder driving tests willl commence at December 1st 2007. Is this true?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Yes, from December 1st the new DART will be in place (45 minute test, which tests you on both local roads and your nearest motorway). If you're a competent driver, you shouldn't find it difficult - just a bit longer. :)

Good luck.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hahaha my nearest motorway is like a forty minute drive away from the RTA... once we get there it'll be like ok, drive 50 metres and then turn around coz the test is over...

aero135

Super Ultimate User!
HSC
BTW its not 1st of Dec its actually 3rd, but its still too late to book any tests before that now. I just went for my test today and I failed because of a stupid stop sign before you leave the RTA carpark, so watch out for that one too.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
Whaaat? I haven't heard of this!
I have my P's already but I thought a new test was coming in on October 22. So, yes its already here. A couple of people I know have done it and they said it wasn't that hard, just a bit longer. I don't know all the details though. Is this new one another new one?
I heard a funny rumour today, "apparently" with the new test the RTA can only pass 15 people per week hahaha. So go on a Monday omg

Danger

HSC
When and where did they say a new test is coming in dec?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
your.knee said:
Whaaat? I haven't heard of this!
I have my P's already but I thought a new test was coming in on October 22. So, yes its already here. A couple of people I know have done it and they said it wasn't that hard, just a bit longer. I don't know all the details though. Is this new one another new one?
I heard a funny rumour today, "apparently" with the new test the RTA can only pass 15 people per week hahaha. So go on a Monday omg
You must live in a country town, right? Because I did the old test today (and passed :D) in Sydney.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
I live in Lismore, Northern NSW. A small big city, about 50,000. Its a bit bigger than this Sydney place everyone keeps yapping about.

P.S Congrats!

lala2

Banned
HSC
Thanks for that Exphate, that's what I was thinking too. I did my test in early August in Sydney, so still 30 minutes. Don't worry, it's only an extra 15 minutes, and if you're well prepared there should be no reason why a harder test should make any difference. You might do worse, but still well enough to pass, which is all anyone cares about at the end of the day, right?

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
aero135 said:
BTW its not 1st of Dec its actually 3rd, but its still too late to book any tests before that now. I just went for my test today and I failed because of a stupid stop sign before you leave the RTA carpark, so watch out for that one too.
lol thats what happened to me too the first time at the blacktown rta.

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
Every RTA registry has the STOP sign, its part of the trick used to catch out candidate drivers.

The word is STOP, and so ye must.

10km/h SHARED traffic zones are another, you need to literally idle along its length.

iEdd

HSC
Mine doesn't. It used to, but they removed it for that very reason.

autumbabe1991

HSC
lol....... the whole point would of extending the time would have to be so the instructor has more time to catch u up on something..... and btw they woulda had the newer times in when the new hours and fee would have changed.... and seeing as though most of u already passed way before that came out around july, they woulda only given u the original half hour test.....

it so simple.....

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
BlytheChloe said:
I passed mine on the 23rd of July and it was only 10 minutes.
I passed mine on August 23rd and like yours, it was very short (it seemed to be anyway).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
iEdd said:
Mine doesn't. It used to, but they removed it for that very reason.
lol, serious?

...if you get caught out + failed by an unexpected stop sign you probably shouldn't be driving...all you should be caring about is that it says STOP not that you weren't expecting to have to...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)