Rudd calls for era of "social capitalism" (1 Viewer)

HSC
Do explain how this is going to benefit the economy in any way?

10 years of Liberal work, namely Costello work, and we're up to $60 billion surplus a single year of Kevin Rudd and his Labor deficit train and we're down into deficit.

It's the wrong direction to head in...

Tax cuts FTW.
Yep...tax cuts will limit that budget deficit =/

Progressive

HSC
Good on ya Silver Persian Clever economic thinking... you manage to nuckle down the pro liberal spin heheheheh .................... ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV <<-------start reading here.........Disclaimer no subliminal meesage:):):):)

Smithereens

HSC
Good on ya Silver Persian Clever economic thinking... you manage to nuckle down the pro liberal spin heheheheh .................... ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV ROBAL 1 ETOV <<-------start reading here.........Disclaimer no subliminal meesage:):):):)
'Thanks for deducting reputation points from this user'.

HSC
Ahhrrr who are you a troll of?

Shroedinger? Graney??!?!

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
It's probably bigboyjames again.

Progressive

HSC
Mate Moll listen up you neo-con stud who do you think you are, David Oldfields Student Spin PET.:):):):)

Lex152

HSC
Do explain how this is going to benefit the economy in any way?

10 years of Liberal work, namely Costello work, and we're up to $60 billion surplus a single year of Kevin Rudd and his Labor deficit train and we're down into deficit.

It's the wrong direction to head in...

Tax cuts FTW.
Costello rode the economic planning oif keating...
What policy did he actually come up with himself that benefitted us?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Costello rode the economic planning oif keating...
What policy did he actually come up with himself that benefitted us?
1996 IR reforms, sale of telstra, GST, FTA with North America, etc.

Lex152

HSC
1996 IR reforms, sale of telstra, GST, FTA with North America, etc.
IR reforms I don't knowenoguh about, probably right.

Sale of Telstra, I disagree with it... yielded some results but now the entire entity is out of public hands.

GST weren't there plans already to introduce that before Howard?

FTA ? those things you can never be sure of...

at least 1, maybe 3...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
IR reforms I don't knowenoguh about, probably right.

Sale of Telstra, I disagree with it... yielded some results but now the entire entity is out of public hands.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the point.

GST weren't there plans already to introduce that before Howard?

FTA ? those things you can never be sure of...

at least 1, maybe 3...
lol post.

Lex152

HSC
@ the FTA I just heard there was a lot of crap conditions in it, like only being able to sell some sort of produce out of our season ` unclarrifeid though...

Besides I believe in public ownership, so don't mock me because I hold different ideals...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
@ the FTA I just heard there was a lot of crap conditions in it, like only being able to sell some sort of produce out of our season ` unclarrifeid though...

Besides I believe in public ownership, so don't mock me because I hold different ideals...
Oh yeah, there were some pretty shitty clauses in the FTA with America. I think one prevented the complete removal of all froms of protectionism on beef imports by the Americans. There was also somethign else about sugar cane which I can't remember. So it wasn't a complete FTA.
But still, on the whole it demolished the vast majority of trade barriers that were still remaining between our two countries, which will allow for more money for both of us. Nothing bad there.

Fair enough about believing in public ownership (I don't agree with you however), but that sentence of yours was horribly worded. It came across as saying that one of the negetive drawbacks of the sale of Telstra was that it was out of public ownership. That was of course the point of the sale.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Better to get a mostly-FTA than no FTA at all. If you're a sugercane farmer after the FTA was signed it means you're exactky the same as you were before - you don't enjoy the windfall of a new market but you are hardly worse off.

Gerald10

HSC
The Howard years produced almost no significant microeconomic reform other than the privatisation of telstra. The GST doesn't help efficiences its just a way of taxing people. The FTA is rubbish - the biggest problem we have with free trade is our agricultural exports which continually get f***ed over by the EU and the US. The US still massively subsidises its farmers and we are still getting f***ed over with the FTA. I did forget however the one shining jewel in their economic crown - workchoices.

The Howard gov't ran the country through global conditions in which a monkey throwing darts could have managed to avoid a recession - on a macroeconomic level they did as they were advised - on a microeconomic level, where they could actually make a lasting difference to our nations prosperity, they wasted and pissed up the greatest boom the country has ever seen. All of which would not have been possible if it weren't for the microeconomic reform done by the Hawke and Keating gov'ts.

And at the end of the day all anyone could say after all those years in power was that they ran the economy well. So hats off to Howard, Costello and the great wasted opportunity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)