Rudd Government's quest for true blue Muslims (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
SPORTING figures, academics and mainstream Muslims will be sought out by the Rudd Government to help recast the overly religious image of Islamic Australia.

A new-look Muslim advisory body is being considered in a bid to help dismantle the stereotypical picture of Islam, despite infighting - fuelled by ideological rivalries and conflicting egos - wracking the former government's board.

And the Rudd Government will also consider reviving the Council for Multicultural Australia - featuring leaders from a cross-section of ethnic backgrounds, including the Jewish and Muslim communities.

The previous government abolished the trouble-plagued Muslim advisory board - set up by John Howard after the London terrorist attacks in 2005 - and the multicultural council after their terms ended in 2006.

But Labor is intent on recasting the two bodies, shifting the focus from the spiritual leaders the Howard government courted - at times with disastrous results - to everyday Muslims.

In the Rudd Government's first statement on Muslims, Parliamentary Secretary for Multicultural Affairs Laurie Ferguson yesterday told The Australian it was time to tackle the myths surrounding Islam, arguing religious leaders were not representative of the mainstream Muslim community.

"We can't prescribe how the Islamic community is to organise itself," Mr Ferguson said.

"But we certainly must make sure that the fact there are international tensions and terrorist issues doesn't kind of stereotype the whole community in Australia.

"A lot of it is about symbolism, it's about who gets promoted and who gets identified and who gets an option to be seen by Australian society.

"Australia has produced (Muslim) academics, business types, sporting types and it's often not celebrated enough."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23352791-2,00.html

:confused:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Myths surround Islam - leader

A MUSLIM community leader has backed moves to improve the image of Australia's Islamic society.

The federal government is considering plans for a new-look advisory body to help combat public perceptions of an overly-religious image of Islam.

Dr Ameer Ali, of the Regional Islamic Council, said he agreed with comments by the Parliamentary Secretary for Multicultural Affairs Laurie Ferguson that the idea that all Muslims were religious was a "misconception".

"Islam has been portrayed as religion of violence, which is not true. Islam has been portrayed as a religion that promotes jihads ... that's not true,"
Dr Ali told Sky News.

"It's a misinterpretation of the religion by some interested parties. I think that he (Laurie Ferguson) was right, in that we explode these myths.

"The Muslim problem is not a religious problem - it is educational, economic, humanitarian, social. It (the problem) needs a wider attack."

Under the government's plan, sports stars, academics and mainstream Muslims would be asked to sit on the new advisory body, which would include six members - three men and three women - and a chairperson, The Australian reported.

Dr Ali said he would like to wait until after Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's Australia 2020 summit to see what further approaches were needed to tackle the image of Islam in Australia.

"I'm sure something positive will come out of that also, so I think we should wait for the outcome of the summit and then make a decision on whether to have special advisory board for the Muslims or special advisory board for wider ethnic group. Even other communities have problems."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23355494-29277,00.html

Then what does it promote? lol

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
"Islam has been portrayed as religion of violence, which is not true. Islam has been portrayed as a religion that promotes jihads ... that's not true," Dr Ali told Sky News.
People don't understand the word jihad in arabic simply means "struggle". Living in Australia every day is a struggle for muslims.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Graney said:
People don't understand the word jihad in arabic simply means "struggle". Living in Australia every day is a struggle for muslims.

How is it a struggle? they're the ones who don't want to integrate into society with the rest of Non-Muslims, they always play the victim card. :cold:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Bro u wanna make fucken issues ova my fucken race, but in this game we set the fucken pace, if you wanna start a war bro, ill call my cuznz, well destroy your fucken car and ur fucken house, you auusies cant fight for shit and get your strength from beer, what the fuck bro as if were bithz, were 55 yearz!! you singled out the leboz, you singled out ME and put all your aricz on the tv, you make yourselves look like junky dickheads, but now itz time for your mums to tuck u back in your beds, they say it was the alchol that fueled the fire, but for us br0 its our fucken pride and our desire, to be number 1, SO NEXTIME YOU HAVE A NIGHTMARE, I HOPE ITS ABOUT ME!, and think FUCKEN twice before u pick up that VB..

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Graney said:
Bro u wanna make fucken issues ova my fucken race, but in this game we set the fucken pace, if you wanna start a war bro, ill call my cuznz, well destroy your fucken car and ur fucken house, you auusies cant fight for shit and get your strength from beer, what the fuck bro as if were bithz, were 55 yearz!! you singled out the leboz, you singled out ME and put all your aricz on the tv, you make yourselves look like junky dickheads, but now itz time for your mums to tuck u back in your beds, they say it was the alchol that fueled the fire, but for us br0 its our fucken pride and our desire, to be number 1, SO NEXTIME YOU HAVE A NIGHTMARE, I HOPE ITS ABOUT ME!, and think FUCKEN twice before u pick up that VB..
you're so cool, graney

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
chicky_pie said:
I don't think Muslims can kill atheists, we're too scientifically powerful. :)
Ill be more than willing to test that theory on you.

bassistx

HSC
I think the boards being run by Everyday Muslims would certainly be better than religious leaders.
Did anyone actually read that part?

beentherdunthat

HSC
Graney said:
lol u wanka

first of all
jihad doesnt mean 'struggle'
second of all
keep your shitty hypothesis to yourself coz noone wants to hear em.

boris

Banned
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
lol u wanka

first of all
jihad doesnt mean 'struggle'
second of all
keep your shitty hypothesis to yourself coz noone wants to hear em.
And you guys can keep your bombs to yourselves too, k thx.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
This forum need more threads about islam. I propose a dedicated anti-islam trolling section.
hahahahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)