Rudd's $42 billion 'nation building' plan (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Still don't understand.

I'm working a casual job, and I've paid income tax in the 2007-08 financial year, but I'll get it all back in my refund.

Do I get cash?
No, you do not.

Last time around I earned $650 in the week that the announcement was made, thus going just above the YA threshold whereby I get no money for that fortnight. I therefore did not get the bonus payment. This means that had I effectively lost $980 by working 1 extra hour that week. The case will probably be similar this time, as I'm working 4 days a week during the holidays.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
hey guys, ive been working part time from last year august till December, however after the Christmas break i havnt gone back. LOL...this might be a long shot, but do i get a slice of the dough?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Did you pay more income tax last fiscal year than you received back in your refund?

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
I don't get it, I work and earn around 20k a year. Does the fact that I'm also stusying at uni full time mean I'm not going to get the $950.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I don't get it, I work and earn around 20k a year. Does the fact that I'm also stusying at uni full time mean I'm not going to get the $950.
See post above yours, I'd say you will get it.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
Did you pay more income tax last fiscal year than you received back in your refund?
are you talking about 07-08?

im not really sure. my tax refund was like $100..and i didnt even bother getting it back.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
You're still entitled to that return so they won't give you money.

If Rudd gives everyone $1m, then we can all be millionaires!
my income was $3400. inst that under the 100K limit? ROFLMAO.

this is fucking bullshit.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Just how is the government intending to determine a persons income without a tax return?

Has a Federal Labor Government ever got the nations finances out of deficit once the plunge has been made? (albeit necessarily).

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Is anyone watching Rudd on Question Time? He is stating that the Government is in the position to spend $42 billion because of the surplus they generated last year. What a crock of shit. No wonder why the opposition is up in arms about that one.

sdent40

HSC
This nation building plan is dumb, it is ignoring one of the first lessons in economics, the fallacy of the broken window. Frederic Bastiat's What is seen and what is not seen

The government doesn't "create" jobs, because that money would have otherwise gone somewhere else and would have created jobs elsewhere, where they are actually more needed.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ANYONE who gets youth allowance will receive the payment, however if you're a full time student and dont get youth allowance you wont receive it. Simple as that.
You have to receive a youth allowance payment in the next fortnight as well.

spiny norman

HSC
The building infrastructure's quite good and all, but Rudd really needs to stop handing out these one-off payments.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I can sit around doing nothing until next Thursday, or I can work another 5 days between now and then. The former will net me 1.5x as much money and won't get me the sack either.

How the fuck is this incentivising anything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)