Rudd's $42 billion 'nation building' plan (1 Viewer)

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
ANYONE who gets youth allowance will receive the payment, however if you're a full time student and dont get youth allowance you wont receive it. Simple as that.
even if you also work permanent part time and pay tax? :O

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
I guess if you work and earn under 80k per annum you'll receive the 950 for workers but if you're not on youth allowance you wont receive the student payment of 950.
ooh i see... i should get it then

unless living with your parents stops you from getting it...

Koolak

HSC
I'm about to enter first year uni without a part time job. will i get the $950?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I still cannot get over how utterly retarded this is :S

HSC
It's not but who cares.

Rudd has just paid for my plane trip to South Africa for the World Cup next year.
It's alright for you because you get the money. My family gets none, nor do i. They even removed the $50 back to school bonus every family got and replaced it with $950 but only if your families combined income is less than 100k a year. We are slowly turning communist.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
the only thing that our family really found interesting was the free home insulation and the some small business grant. cant get my way around it. anyone know anything?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I better fucking get the cash this time.

EDIT: Probably won't because I just so happen to be working full time for a couple of weeks when this announcement's being made. This is bullshit.
You should have still gotten paid. You were still technically "on" youth allowance even though you were working then. Are you on the independent rate? If you are, that's probably why you missed out. Only dependents were paid, because the payment was designed to buy votes amongst mortgage belt families.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I should add, these spending sprees are really disgusting. All the self styled, douchebag, social democrats at college are fapping off to how suddenly everyone has become a Keynsian social democrat. The silly blighters forget how a Keynes-style fiscal stimulus is supposed to work anyway:

1. Wages are sticky and won't fall during a recession.

2. Governments should spend more to increase inflation.

3. Workers are dumb and won't realise that their real wages have fallen.

4. Business gets back to hiring now that real wages have fallen.

Maybe it's just me, but I see a problem with point 3. This just seems like a great way to create a little stagflation.

Regardless, if I get the payment, I'll be putting some of it on my credit card and spending the rest in Europe at the end of the year. Screw you Kevin.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You should have still gotten paid. You were still technically "on" youth allowance even though you were working then. Are you on the independent rate? If you are, that's probably why you missed out. Only dependents were paid, because the payment was designed to buy votes amongst mortgage belt families.
No, I'm dependent. I called them and asked them why I didn't get the payment, and they were like "lol cause you didn't get a payment that week, despite the fact that you got one two fortnights either side of it, sorry".

Huuuuuuge load of shit.

Lex152

HSC
Regardless, if I get the payment, I'll be putting some of it on my credit card and spending the rest in Europe at the end of the year. Screw you Kevin.
Since Kevin controls everything he got you screwed with the collapse of the Aussie dollar.

You know some people ignore that and just assume that free marketeering improves the lives of everyone. I'm against these one off payments, best way to lose money. Investment? Why can't governments realise that? and legislation to prevent dumb consumerist behaviour which free marketeers also hate because it reduces their ability to profiteer (yeah, unrelated... deal with it).

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Its ONLY if you're on Youth Allowance, anyone who receives youth allowance will get 950.

I wouldnt bet on that, i was told i was recieving the last one and didnt see a cent.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
This whole thing pisses me off quite a bit. Active redistribution of wealth is fucking bullshit.

zaqwerty

HSC
I paid tax last year but was in a casual job - I think I paid about $200 or so tax but didn't bother getting it back - I now work full time (have since November) and I doubt I get anything ? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)