• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rudds use of Colloquial Language: Is this the right track? (1 Viewer)

Theta_12

HSC
I Believe That Yes It Is The Right Track.
10 years ago I would Have Said No; But Now In The Age Of Technology; Language Is Changing. Rudds Use Of Colloquial Language shows the changing in the times. By Using This He Is Able To Show His 'unity' With The People; How Many Of People Do You Know That Speak Formally Anymore. None? I Rather Our PM Speaking Like Us Rather Than Been On A 'High horse' Type Position. Formal Language In 2009 Just Gives Me The Impression Of Snobbyness.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Whenever i hear kevin rudd speak he seems to be sucking up to someone and he seems fake.

Theta_12

HSC
Whenever i hear kevin rudd speak he seems to be sucking up to someone and he seems fake.
Haha. Yer Thats True... But Atleast He Is Trying. And It Is Always Funny To Watch Him Make A Fool Of Himself

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Why would you want to speak like a Yobo anyway? The demographic of voters that he is appealing to are most likely going to vote for him anyway.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
fair kick of the ball
fair rip of the bong
fair shot of the dope

u can apply it to anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 88

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Why would you want to speak like a Yobo anyway? The demographic of voters that he is appealing to are most likely going to vote for him anyway.
u know who delivered john howard to power in 96

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I Believe That Yes It Is The Right Track.
10 years ago I would Have Said No; But Now In The Age Of Technology; Language Is Changing. Rudds Use Of Colloquial Language shows the changing in the times. By Using This He Is Able To Show His 'unity' With The People; How Many Of People Do You Know That Speak Formally Anymore. None? I Rather Our PM Speaking Like Us Rather Than Been On A 'High horse' Type Position. Formal Language In 2009 Just Gives Me The Impression Of Snobbyness.
Before you hit the HSC next year, try and learn that you don't need to capitalise every word in the sentence.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Funny thing is that both upper class AND lower class people think that this made Kev sound like a tool.

guesswho_paul

HSC
its not even the right ocker-ism.

"Fair SUCK of the sauce bottle"

get it right Krudd.

Lentern

HSC
yeha your'e mum

at the same time
Let me guess it goes something like this: John Howard's down to earth, fair dinkum demeanour smashed the ALP's progressive blue collar axis and completely redrew the lines within which Labor/Liberal elections would be held from here on in. He bucked the trned of intellectual, smooth orators which had dominated the liberla leadership for sixty years and instead captured the imagination of the working class for the first time in coalition history. With the upper class allways going to side with the coalition(after all they are all educated and know who has the best policies) and the working class more able to relate to the coalitions leader than labor there were no political grounds for the ALP to fight and they ended up converting all their policies to platitudes and were forced to just wait out Howard until the longevity of his career in public life slowly finished him off.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
It's a stupid saying either way.

Get your own damn sauce you lazy shits.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
fair kick of the ball
fair rip of the bong
fair shot of the dope

u can apply it to anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 88
fair stuff of the boogie board bag
fair slap of the sheila
fair bashing of the leb

now we're getting truly and honestly australian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)