Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Panda Bear said:
ignore my n00bness.. what is actually lay-by?
you know when you want to buy something and u might not have enough money or you cant afford to pay it all off at the one time, you get a layby.. where you pay it off in weekly or fortnightly instalments until it is completely paid off.. layby in the shops is jus where this magic happens :) they hold the item/s for you out the back in storage until you make your final payment... make sense?! :)

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Yeh I know, I wasn't having a go at you, it's just that in my few years of retail I've notice that some lame customers expect you to show them where stuff is- and THESE are the customers that will walk there (with you) and procrastinate and try to haggle.
no worries, within the tool shop, im more than happy to walk customers to products, or if i worked in a store that isnt the size of 4 football fields

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
LOL wow customers are bitches. I can't wait to start working so I can start contributing to this

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
when you are the last customer at 10pm on a sunday(THE SAME FUCKING CUSTOMER EVERY SUNDAY)
dont just stand there and slowly put your bags in the trolley
then stand there looking over your receipt..and shop a dockets
we are waiting for you to get out of the store so we can close the shutters

we have called her "bag lady"....she comes in every sunday at like 9.45..brings her own used plastic bags that are so worn out
and expects us to use them..
she has already been to coles and goes around getting all the specials...she studies the special catalogue beforehand..and complains that we dont have a certain thing because on sunday nights we are clearing the specials off display..and what do u expect when you come in at a quater to ten

man..when i see her come in i think go home

then she was talling me off because in tasmania where shes originally from..they have a woolworths points card..but we dont accept it here in sydney..
i dont even know wtf shes on about
and she was telling me we should have it..shes entitled to points when she shops here..blah ..blah

i was like..im just a chekout chick..call head office and talk about it with them
geez..

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I'd like to have a little whinge. If you are not in the mood to hear somebody gripeing, then please skip to the next post.

OK i came in to work 45 mins early today (anzac day) to help the other chick set up. I thought it was weird that the centre was open (and coles and harris farm to be specific) and I was walking up to my shop, and to my horror, the girl, and this new baker were already serving customers. Now, knowing that we could cop a MASSIVE fine, I told them we weren't supposed to be serving. The new baker, who seemed to think he was in charge said "oh well", and continued to serve the customers, while the shop girl embarassed, was forced to serve them as well. So when I had changed and come back, I reminded them that we shouldn't even be open, but there were 20-30 customers shoving each other out of the way for some bread.

So, the baker buggered off pretty quickly, but the shop girl was forced to keep serving, as the customers were really angry. I made it clear that I refused pointe blank to serve before 1pm, because a) it's rude and b) i could go to gaol. So, I procedded to actually set up the shop, which was an absolute mess, and while i was running around like a maniac, this bitchy woman said in a very loud voice "Isn't she going to serve????" to which we replied no...we aren't even supposed to be open, I am not supposed to be here yet, and the only reason that we were serving was out of politeness to the customers.

Does nobody have any respect anymore? we wouldn't even be f*cking open today if it wasn't for the bloody shopping centre. Can't you wait 20 minutes until 1pm???? Do you want us all to go to gaol!!!!!! I'm sure i will get several complaints today, but I can only do what i can do. When i did start serving at 12:57, i worked my ass off to make sure the customers were served fast and efficiently, but our society is so bloody selfish that they CAN'T WAIT A SINGLE MINUTE TO SHOP AND HAVE EVERYTHING THEY WANT NOW!!!!!

my whinging is complete.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
lets have a customers bitch about workers thread
im sure it works both ways
we hate them as much as they hate us

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
_muse_ said:
you know when you want to buy something and u might not have enough money or you cant afford to pay it all off at the one time, you get a layby.. where you pay it off in weekly or fortnightly instalments until it is completely paid off.. layby in the shops is jus where this magic happens :) they hold the item/s for you out the back in storage until you make your final payment... make sense?! :)
yay does now! ^_^ :D

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
NO! Soha we cant have that! We may start feeling bad for our actions...simply no!!!
i already know my faults..and i dont feel bad
haha...nah nothing really bad..just stupid things i do and dont do that pisses a customer off..

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ok heres my little whinge..

- if we dont have in stock at the moment the smokes you 'DESPERATELY' need.. dont complain to me that we are low on smoke stock.. walk 50m to woolies and buy them from there. Its not our fault u have a dirty habit and cant buy ur precious 'stress stoppers' from us for cheap wen we are out and u are too lazy to walk

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
_muse_ said:
ok heres my little whinge..

- if we dont have in stock at the moment the smokes you 'DESPERATELY' need.. dont complain to me that we are low on smoke stock.. walk 50m to woolies and buy them from there. Its not our fault u have a dirty habit and cant buy ur precious 'stress stoppers' from us for cheap wen we are out and u are too lazy to walk
lol
so true
what pisses me off even more
"can i have a packet of winfield blue 25's?"
i say sorry we're out..we only have it in the 20's...
they are like..um...oh...are u sure...um...oh give me dunhil blah then

im like holy shit..get the fuck over it and buy 20's...its just 5 cigarettes difference..geez
pisses me off..lol..

Trogie

HSC
Casmira said:
is it really illegal to open before 1pm on anzac day?
I was watching the parade along George St today, and not one store seemed to be open, I guess it must be a custom

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Casmira said:
is it really illegal to open before 1pm on anzac day?
yup :) well it usually doesnt matter anyway cause the majority of people are down watching the march or having anzac day bbqs or pub crawls with the young army men.. well in my town anyways

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
soha said:
lol
so true
what pisses me off even more
"can i have a packet of winfield blue 25's?"
i say sorry we're out..we only have it in the 20's...
they are like..um...oh...are u sure...um...oh give me dunhil blah then

im like holy shit..get the fuck over it and buy 20's...its just 5 cigarettes difference..geez
pisses me off..lol..
hahaha
i hate it when they rattle off some brand that no1 ever buys and uve never heard of.. im like 'wha? is that even a word?!'

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
_muse_ said:
hahaha
i hate it when they rattle off some brand that no1 ever buys and uve never heard of.. im like 'wha? is that even a word?!'
like wtf is brandon..or kool..or kent..or moritz..
and tabacco?
port royal..rum and wine..
(ok so i know it now)
but thats after 3 years of working
before i was like..um..we dont sell rum or wine
haha..i thought they meant port royal rum and wine as ina drink
so funny..

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
some guy asked for some stuvestadrifdfnihskdnfuhgshdc haha i cant remember but it was damn crazy and im thinking..... you need a life if u can go out in public and pronounce that word..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)