Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
yes i work on registers... no i dont know every single item in the store.. yes i am trained in customer service but i havent done it in 2 months so dont come up to me and ask where some random item is that i have never heard of before... cause i dont fucking know OK?!?!?!

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
me and my co-workers always talk about how annoying it is when the customer you've just finished serving, stands next to your register going through each item on their receipt to make sure it's right...whilst your trying to serve other customers..
as if you were a bad child or something...and if i did make a mistake which happens once in awhile then its not as if i can fix it at the registers..they'd have to go to the customer service desk anyway

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
PwarYuex said:
If you've got the pricetags that come out of a gun, you'll notice the sticker has perforations. If you try to take the tag off and stick it elsewhere, there's a cut in the perforations. If someone ever switched tickets, I always pointed that out and swiped the product for full price.
I work at target, so we have swing tickets but the hole is fairly big so they can still pull it through and put a new tag on.

X

xeuyrawp

moffat said:
me and my co-workers always talk about how annoying it is when the customer you've just finished serving, stands next to your register going through each item on their receipt to make sure it's right...whilst your trying to serve other customers..
as if you were a bad child or something...and if i did make a mistake which happens once in awhile then its not as if i can fix it at the registers..they'd have to go to the customer service desk anyway
That'd suck. Why don't they just watch you whilst you're doing it, which I do. It's easier that way, albeit annoying when the employee sees you doing it, because then you can tell them something's wrong, whereas after it's been finalised, they can't do anything.

X

xeuyrawp

llamalope said:
Didn't their parents ever tell them it was polite to say please?
Take solace in the fact that they had bad parents and will have bad lives.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Take solace in the fact that they had bad parents and will have bad lives.
And die a terrible death.

HSC
Dont throw things at me because i wont give in to your pressure!!!!!!!!!

Last night [ at video ezy] a guy wanted to use his credit...
the message on his account said specifically the credit was for 'miss congeniality'. he wanted a different new release. if the message says its for that movie - it has to be that movie. he argued for a while. didnt accept that i have no knowledge of the reason why he has the credit [and i dont care]. i wasnt the one who put it there. there is no point telling me the story - because i can only go by what the computer tells me... and it says the credit is for miss congeniality. and if i go giving credits out for anything - i have to explain why to my boss... simple right?

not simple enough apparently. the guy ranted all the way out of the store after being asked to leave... threw/smashed the starburst sucks stand at me... then stood in the doorway saying 'i have left... what are ya gunna do?'
im like "get off the entire property. ur not welcome anymore and uv been asked to leave."
he's like "oh is this ur property is it?"
"no mate, but it is private property. wen the owner isnt here the staff are responsible. im in charge at the moment [i was the only one working at the time], so its my responsibility and iv asked u to leave. if u dont leave wen uv been asked, thats trespassing, which is a crime... want me to call the cops?"

dickhead...
oh... and the reason he had the credit [according to him] was because he hired 'miss congeniality' thinking it was the second one. and he owned the first one at home. get a fucken clue mate, read the cover! anyway - the record of the movies he's hired didnt show any miss congeniality [it does only go back to the last 30 hires], so he expected me to pretty much take his word for it. not gunna happen.

ok... i have re-read this an di sound unreasonable... ill explain the rules abit better...
if u bring any movie back within 1 hour of hiring, the comp will let me swap it for ya. if its over an hour - u have to pay to take a new one. common sense right? so without this procedure he could have watched 'miss con.', brought it back saying he already owned it and made a mistake, and taken a free movie! these systems are in place for a reason!

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
*In Harvey Norman Furniture/Bedding/Rugs

1) No I will not try shoving a piece of outdoor furniture with sharp edges into you brand new leather interior car becuase I don't want to be blamed when the leather is ripped

2) Yes, when you see the $8,000 price tag on that wizz-bang kings size adjustable bed with special mattress it is new, and I do find it strange when you say; "I could get a new one for that much"

3) When the massge chairs warn that using them when under 18 is not recommended it means don't try it, and then claim not to have seen the sign you were staring at for 5 minutes, then when i turn my back and you jump straight back in it, I will kick you out!

4)Gift vouchers take a while to redeem, be friggin patient, you person with cheap friends who got $5 gift vouchers for your wedding

5)Don't expect me to really care that you now will have to speed to get to a wedding you decided to buy a present for 5 minutes before it starts (happens to grooms and birdes parents all the time)

6) Amazingly, when the doors are locked and it is after 4PM which is the time designated on the trading hours sign, please don't try to push them or abuse staff, including claiming that you will go to *insert other furniture store's name* now instead as we know they don't even open on sundays and you will be back here tomorrow because they over charge and don't serve people.

7) *RULE FOR REPS* Don't sell our store a lounge saying it is exclusive then sell it to another store in town and then claim ignorance as to how it turned up in their front window

8)Yes, 4 years ago we did have that lounge, but now we don't so shut up and choose something better

9)If you start abusing the staff and then walk out yelling obscenities, don't expect your better half to be kind to you either when they drag you back into the shop by the ear (Has happened, she was basically beating him up in the shop)

10)PLEASE don't let your kids run free, this shop has a lot of expenisve decorations and lights, and dangerous things, if they break anything you will pay for it...

11)Don't claim to know the cost prices and expect them becuase your best friend's neighbour used to work here

12)When you ring up on a weekend; don't ask me questions about fridges or computers as I will tell you I don't know and say I will transfer you, and unless you say thankyou I will be very slow in transfering you! (I usually wait about 30 seconds to give them a chance)

13)No, we don't carry everything that is in the catelogue, don't bitch, if you want to see everything go to Auburn in sydney where the store is the size of an entire shopping centre (2 city blocks)

14)Catelogue prices are for the time when the catelogue is on only!

15)Don't try and tell me that Harvey Norman is a internationally controlled company and each store is controlled by a glorified manager, then don't give me a bitchy look when I explain that this store is actually three seperate businesses each controlled by a proprietor who owns that individual business.

16)Don't bitch about how little HN does for the community while I'm being paid by to wrap your presents where the donation you make goes to charity, the local football team is majorly sponsored by us and the local basketball team is also majorly sponsored by us along with many other little things we do, obivously we don't contribute to the community...

17)Don't complain about the price of our furniture, if you want cheap and nasty fall to pieces stuff go elsehwere

18)Don't ask me the difference between our mattresses and the shop down the road that selss "homemade" type ones, there is no comparison, then don't scoff when I let you know how much money has been spent on research and development of the new range we have from a brand name bedding company, I will get shitty and not be so kind and happy.

19)If I take too long to get to you, i'm very sorry but I have just jogged from the other end of the store and it does take time becuase we have the biggest range in town, don't bitch

20) Please don't explain your entire room set up for me to see if I think a $5 clearance cushion would match, maybe on a lounge I can help, but no cushions...

21) Yes, I am still at school, no I actually don't think this is that bad a job so don't joke about working here as an adult becuase of the 5 full time staff, all have near new cars and live in very nice houses... again, don't bitch as I know you are only a manager at Target and I know how cheap you are

22)Don't claim to have seen that same $5,000 dollar lounge somewhere else in town for $999, becuase it obviously isnt the same and again, I will get pissed off

23)When it says on the door, "No shopping trolleys" It means no shopping trolleys

24) If you are nice to me, I will not as be nice to you (or overly nice to piss you off)

25)Yes, we have pubic toilets, they are under the large sign saying toilets....

26) Read our sign and get the subtle hint; "We taught our furniture not to jump on your children"

27) If you wish to speak to the proprietor or someone who seems more superior than me, please ask, I will be happy for them to try explaining that no we cannot do that brand new lounge for less than catelogue price as it is company policy

28) Smiles can be forced, don't think I like you because I'm smiling

29) If you are a teacher at my school and I don't like you don't expect preferential treatment, if you are the dickhead principal, don't be suprised when I run and hide in the tea room...

30) We will try to make you as comfortable as possible, but making out with your girlfriend on the beds in public view makes us uncomfortable and don't act amazed when ask to move on

31) When I suggest trying to lay on the bed how you would sleep at home please don't physically get into that position with your partner

32) Ladies, short skirts are not a good thing to wear when going to try beds

33) Guys, short shorts, or footy shorts are not a good thing to wear when going to try beds

34) Younger couples (as in teenagers, such as the 15 year old couple that were in on friday night) please note that the staff are actually staring at you and gossiping about you, young guy, please learn how to take your current gf some where remotely romantic and stop thinking that just becuase the shop has beds, doesn't mean your gf is going to throw you on one and stuff...

35) The computer are for staff use only, if you want to fiddle with one go and talk to computer and use one of their display ones.

Wow, very big rant, just remember these and you will have no problems next time you go shopping at HN!!! Very sorry of the rant, I probably should actualy do some study for my psych half yearly now!

Last edited:

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
lol Nashie. Kids are so annoying. Some parents actually think they're being cute when their kids stand on ur register table/desk or when the stand where u put the bags and jump up and down screaming hello and try to tell u their plans for that day. i find it irritating. and how whilst ur trying to process their sales order their all 'wave to the lady'..like i care. and i hate parents who make their children pay me the money...do it yourself...kids tend to have sticky hands and thats kinda gross.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Yeah, its especially fun to see them hang precariously off the top of bunk beds while their parents ask what primary school I went to so they can try and relate and hopefully get a discount! Also, don't get me started on kids and Target, when I have another free half hour I may post my list of rules for target customers, which could possibly be longer!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol I worked in Harvey Norman in Electrical, and I can totally relate to the gift voucher thing, the people not understanding how the proprietor system works (electrical and whitegoods were owned by two separate people so people would get stroppy when they couldn't pay for it all at the same cashier)... we had this $800 automatic vaccuum that would be turned on and would rove around the store vacuuming... stupid people's kids would try and jump on it and stuff, one stupid woman was laughing at her kid trying to jump on it.... the sales person said to her "it wouldn't be so funny though if it got broken would it" as a subtle hint but the woman kept on laughing... what an idiot.

HSC
Wow. That was a bloody good read. This one was the best:
Nashie said:
30) We will try to make you as comfortable as possible, but making out with your girlfriend on the beds in public view makes us uncomfortable and don't act amazed when ask to move on
Hahaha... and i totally relate to the prices thing.

I hate it when people tell you they got a steak at some shitty RSL for $5, and how they pretend that their friend's boyfriends aunties neighbours girlfriend who used to work for the shop next door knows the cost price of our specialty steaks.

If you want pub food, go to a pub!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I work in HN Bedding/Manchester too... I know your pain...

And once again, agree on the gift vouchers thing.
It's not our fault HN couldn't do it's own POS and we inherited the dodgy one from Freedom. lol.
I'd hate to be an Electrical Cashier tho... switching between tills all the time would shit me to tears. Bedding with one cash desk is more than enough for me. (Although I wish we had 2 at times)
People don't understand the franchise system. I'm sure I spend about 5% of the working day explaining it to people.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Agreed about annoying kids..here are some more

* Dont pull the bikes out of the display unit and ride them around the store. When you fall off and split your head open, we dont want to be held resposible (and im sure no elderly couple wants to be rammed into either".

* When you are finished trying the entire reange for size, please have the decency to put them back and not leave them laying all over the aisle - other people ould like to walk there

* The bike unit is not a cubby house

* Yes, the balls bounce. You dont have to consistently prove this. Not only is the sound annoying, but once again im sure the elderly couple dont wish to be concussed by flying balls

* Practice your footy passing outside, not in the entry path to the back dock

* when you want to look at that kettle, how bout checking if there is a display on the shelf first. Then, if you do open the box, please dont leave cardboard, foam and/or instruction manuals on the floor.

* yes, those pool noodles are great, but try to contain yourself and not whack your friends on the head with them. You will end up hitting someone else, ok.

Thanks..thats all until the weekend :D

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
And now my requested Target ones: (Menswear and Registers)

1) This is actually a quote from a badge but also a good rule of thumb: "They don't pay me enough to smile"

2) When I've just finished cleaning up the boardshorts rack and you come along and start throwing them everywhere, don't be suprised when I come along and start basically cleaning them from under and above you as it is my job, if you get shitty, please, contact my manager!

3) When I'm rushing up to registers from my own department becuase its busy, don't act like you're making my day, your not.

4) If the EFTPOS machine has a sign with red lettering saying "don't move me" it is possibly becuase if it is moved it will die, and the line behind you will get very long while I wait for it to reload...

5) The change rooms are in ladies wear, you know, under the big sign saying "Change Rooms" and where all the other signs in the shop point...

6) If my light is not on, you can walk down to my register if i coax you, etc as it is possibly that the lightbulb has just blown...

7) I do not need to hear what is for who and why...

8) No, the belt does not go free with those pants, sorry, if you have a problem with this, I accept complaints in writting only! (for my resume) (has happened, did tell guy to complain if he really wanted to, geee I love reverse psychology)

9) Please, use the much signposted change rooms for changing (had guy my age me forced by his mum to change in the middle of mens, my female kidswear counterpart thought it wasn't too bad as he was only wearing undies, trust me, I didn't)

10) Don't ask me if my kidswear counterpart is drunk, i won't answer becuase I think it would be immoral as then could you officially complain (Happened every saturday or sunday morning shift!)

11) Please, don't ask me for colour co-ordination advice, get a girlfriend or a wife, or go home and bring your mother in with you, you bum!

12) Again, the fitting rooms are in ladieswear, under the big sign, yes that big sign...

13) If the girl in the fitting rooms is crying because of how badly she has been treated by people like you, don't act offended when I ask you to put your own clothes back through gritted teeth...

14) I can only serve one person at a time, please don't all rush me and then act annoyed when I go back to serving who I was serving

15) (In my old store, menswear and baby got linked together somehow) i am a 16 year old male, I really don't know all of the specifics of this criba nd how well it will work, if you want service, go to an actual retail store...

16) Actually, when we turn the light off it is a subtle hint to leave...

17) (To my manager) what do you mean I shouldn't help the cutomers unless they ask for help? (Actually happened)

18) No, I'm sorry but we don't have any T-Shirts they look like they say "*insert brand name here*" and look like thier new styles...

19) Yes, we did ruin the skating brand World Industries by stocking their products, I completely agree with you...

20) When stealing, please try not to walk in front of the main office where I am talking to a bunch of managers, one will have the guts to give chase (actually happened)

21) No, we don't stock the products that appear in the K-Mart catelogue, now please stop going on about it, or I will get nasty!

22) When I hang up on you for being rude, please don't ring back and expect fantastic service even if you've fixed your attitude!

23) Could you please keep all children from scanning jackets 3 times, and if you complain about how long it is taking, not expect me to fold your garments neatly...

24) Yes, that shirt is missing a button, thats why it's marked down, you want cheaper? Not beg or I will get shitty

25) Please remember when stealing shoes, it is always helpful to take a pair...

26) When stealing underwear, please take the packet with you so I don't have to clean it up...

27) If you start throwing hair gel around don't expect me to me nice to you when you get a giant blob on my shirt!

28) What, you want to complain and bitch for 1/2 an hour? Ask for a manager, or wait, see that girl over there (she was a bitch and had it coming)

29) When running out of the store because your bakcpack begins beeping when it goes through the scanners, please remember to take the things you actualy paid for with you, and don't forget your reciept...

30) If your not nice to me, I will work slower

31) Yes, we do have fitting rooms, they are there, under the sign (do you signs a pattern emeging?)

32) You go right ahead and report me to my supervisor, unfortunately you can't get into the tea room where all the supervisors and managers are at present, but oh well...

33) I actually don't work in the sound and vision area, dont talk to me about Halo, please!!!

34) Although we do sell g-strings and scary looking revealing underwear and jockstraps, unfortunately I haven't tried all of them, and I don't actually know if jockstraps actually stay in play (the straps)

35) I think the point of g-strings is that they "ride up", so why are you asking? (Has happened, in menswear)

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
yeh. i don't like it when customers refuse to take their receipt...they're all 'no, u keep it.' and it's like...ok...but if someone accuses u of stealing, don't complain to me. and i hate how customers act all shitty about waiting for a price check...then they yell at you 'no, im not angry at you.its not your fault.' well seeing as it's not my fault...there's no need to be all angry..its just a 3min wait..and yes about the customers asking for a discount, they always have the same storys- 'it was the last one left' or 'i found it with all the discount stuff'..sure it was...

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
1. Do not put your child on my counter... especially if it is likely to vomit or needs a change.
2. Do not leave the store after ordering (red rooster) is not responsible for your food if you arent there when the order is ready.
3. Do not ask for freebies. We cannot. If we do and get caught, its our job not yours. So dont ask.
4. Do not ask for kisses (especially old guys)... it kinda creeps me out.
5. Don't get pissed if we're in a rush and it takes us ages to get to you. We dont like being yelled at... do you when you're at work?
6. Wipe your dam feet before you come into our shop. And dont put your greasy fingers all over our clean windows and doors...
7. put your dam rubbish in the bins. We're not your slaves.
8. Don't repeat my dam name everytime you can just because i have a name badge.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What is it with people who go on a name badge trip with your name... like, hello, you don't know me!!!!

Edit: My mum is terrible.... if anyone's name is "different" or "unique" she has to comment on it "oh that's an interesting name, where does it come from" I always cringe for the checkout chick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)