Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i reckon customers should produce their green bags BEFORE i have packed half their shit into a plastic one :)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
All checkout chicks hate those green bags.

Can someone tell me why? Is it just cos they're hard to pack or...?

Personally I like the plastic ones cos I don't have to remember my green ones :)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
chelzmalee said:
All checkout chicks hate those green bags.

Can someone tell me why? Is it just cos they're hard to pack or...?

Personally I like the plastic ones cos I don't have to remember my green ones :)
(At the risk of being accused of e-stalking AGAIN)

It's a personal thing. Some of the operators I work with say they don't like them because they're heavy when fully packed, whereas I don't like them because they slow me down. Plastic bags allow you to go really fast once you've got a 'rhythym' happening, green bags break that ryhtym.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah, that's it for me too. plus the ones with the bottoms aren't so bad because then it's pretty easy to build a base and make it neat, but there are heaps of variations that make it shit to pack.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
Yeah the green bags with the solid bottom are so easy to pack. It does annoy me though, packing about half the grocerys into bags and then the person whips out their green bags and laughs. It's not funny.

Oh and when people request a plastic bag for one item. ONE little, hand sized item. I like to give them dirty looks.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Epiphany said:
Yeah the green bags with the solid bottom are so easy to pack. It does annoy me though, packing about half the grocerys into bags and then the person whips out their green bags and laughs. It's not funny.

Oh and when people request a plastic bag for one item. ONE little, hand sized item. I like to give them dirty looks.
haha yeah im the same.. the other day at work we were EXTREMELY low on bags, every customer knew because they were told. This one lady came through and bought a tiny packet of those plant seed things and wanted a big bag.. i was like wtf? you have a huge handbag just stick it in there! is this how lazy people are becoming these days?!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
everyone's going to be extremely low on plastic cos starting next yr they get fined if they order too many

how shit

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
glycerine said:
everyone's going to be extremely low on plastic cos starting next yr they get fined if they order too many

how shit
How can you order too many? I mean, you use the same amount of bags whether you order lots of small amounts or one large amount.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i'm not sure exactly what's going down, but basically they can only order a restricted number without getting fined (so we're being told to 'use them wisely')

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
do u know how many plastic bags are wasted by staff
like every shift i waste atleats 10 bags
not my fault..they rip or break or split they are deformed etc
so i waste like 50 bags a week..(i put them in recycle bin)
but still...

Generator

HSC
N/A
- I don't care if you normally have that piece of meat cut in a certain way. If there is nobody in the room able to cut it as they all left hours ago, don't try asking someone in another department as even though grabbing a knife may seem easy, nobody is willing to risk losing their job over your inability to just wait till the following morning and return or to actually place an order and then return to collect the item at your own convenience.

- If you need something for that night, don't complain if the item that you are after is out of stock or not to your liking, because even though you may be a busy person and/or spontaneity is a great thing, I am unable to do anyting beyond leave a note for someone to contact you the following morning, and as that will be of little help, just accept that I am by and large useless in terms of customer assistance.

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i waste them too cuz, like, it happens, so i guess i'll have to waste them less conspicuously from now on

i still refuse to unpack the plastic and repack into the green bags when they're not produced til i'm nearly done though. suck it up and take the plastic

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
glycerine said:
i waste them too cuz, like, it happens, so i guess i'll have to waste them less conspicuously from now on

i still refuse to unpack the plastic and repack into the green bags when they're not produced til i'm nearly done though. suck it up and take the plastic
true..what pisses me off is when they have green bags but they ask 4 plastic then they pack their plastic bags in the green bags and its like wtf?

or when they come thru the register with their grocerys in the green bags and i have to wait till they unpack it b4 i can pack it and by that stage ive scanned everything and its piling up etc..

oh and when they have their meat in the bags and naturally i have to ask if they want it in plastic or green bags
they say "oh come to think of it love i will have green bags coz u know it leaks and its bloody i dont want a mess" etc etc

im like i dont need a lecture bitch i know what it does but its my job to ask coz some customers dont care

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ohhh i hate the green bags packing & repacking thing. just use a fucking basket! i love when there's lots of baskets on the floor, provides an excuse not to be at my register. i so refuse to repack the green bags again, it's their own fault for being so fucking stupid

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
glycerine said:
ohhh i hate the green bags packing & repacking thing. just use a fucking basket! i love when there's lots of baskets on the floor, provides an excuse not to be at my register. i so refuse to repack the green bags again, it's their own fault for being so fucking stupid
yeah im a known basket collecter
whenever i see a basket even one i will collect it and take it back lol
any excuse to get of registers..

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i love basket collecting and loose stock. my favourite time wasters.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
glycerine said:
i love basket collecting and loose stock. my favourite time wasters.
yeah..stock is always a good bludge
except sometimes it shits me at the amount of stock there is
like customers WTF...dont pick shit up if u dont wnat to buy it
we get trolley loads of crap
i wont complain coz it gives me an easy job to do
but its so annoying u know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)