Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Argonaut said:
Yes, she did. Wanted the 'fresh' produce straight away minus the queues. When we told her we wouldn't be opening until 7.30 she turned around, went all the way down the carpark (about 10 metres or so) and built up a run-up, floored it, tore through the brand-new sliding glass doors and somehow continued without slowing through the gap between two registers ...
ROFLMAO AHAHA
wtf, didn't she get glass on her?!
HAHAHAHAHA
what happened then? does she have to pay for the door?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Transaction Declined 01 Contact Bank means just that, contact YOUR bank, contrary to popular beliefe, if ur transaction is declined, it was declined by the bank, not by us, it is not my fault ur card isnt working, i dont care if u just used the card 5 minutes ago, the bank has declined it, and yes, that might have been an accident or a glitch, but it sure as hell isnt my fault

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Don't tell me theres plenty of money in your account when it is coming up on my screen with 3201.

Don't come in 5 minutes before close on a Sunday night. Chances are, we won't let you in, not even 'for a carton of milk'. Yes, there are still customers in the store, but we are in the process of getting them out. Most of the staff go home at 8, one front ender stays til 8.15 to clean and a supervisor til 8.30. We really don't appreciate only having 30 seconds to clean all of the frontend.

If I'm hightailing it from frontend to the backdock with a small dark green zipped bag in my hand and a fellow employee beside me, chances are there is a phenomenal amount of money in my bag and I will get my butt kicked if I don't get it into the safe *now*. Please don't ask me to explain the difference between Brand A and Brand B of Product X right now. However, the member of grocery 5 metres away from you would be glad to help you.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Lundy said:
- For the love of god, don't pick something up, carry it for a while and then upon deciding you don't want it, put it back wherever you happen to be standing. For fuck's sake, are you really THAT too damn lazy to walk the 10 metres back to where you found the item to put it back where it belongs?

General peeve: Don't speak to service assistants like they're second-class citizens, slaves, or just plain stupid. Politeness really does go a long way.
omg i SO agree with both of these..stupid i know, but i like to see when products are missing on the shelves because i know they're being sold..i don't like to see them shoved somewhere else instead..really pisses me off

and i love when customers are friendly..makes the day so much better..

btw argonaut, we still have navel oranges..possibly from california or something i think..but still..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Take your groceries out of the green carry baskets and place them on my belt because:
a) it will make the transaction go quicker
b) it is a lot easier for me
c) because of b) I may just be a little nicer to you.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Have a fucking brain. Yes, you COULD buy 3.something kg of brushed potatoes for $10.02...OR, heres a thought, how about buying 10kg for $9.98?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
*if you are getting gifts wrapped for FREE do not bitch about the colour of the wrapping paper/ribbon. It is a free service for fucks sake. If you dont like it wrap it yourself.
*If I tell you that body butter does not fit into a pillow pack, do not insist on trying it for yourself and holding up the line for your little experimentation. why would i lie?
*who the fuck goes shopping at 12am? i mean really. get a life.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
for christ sake.. yes its christmas eve and yes its fucking busy.. so dont come through my register when ive been working for 10 hours and say "it's a bit busy in here for you today isn't it" and then have a good old laugh.. chances are my feet are killing me and my back is as well, i have a headache, and im sick of 'jolly' christmas customers.. so bugger off.

Merry fucking christmas they say.. merry FUCKING christmas... there is no need to be rude to us, the workers, who have given up our holiday period to serve you dumbarses who left everything to the last minute - have some respect.

steelite

HSC
townie said:
Transaction Declined 01 Contact Bank means just that, contact YOUR bank, contrary to popular beliefe, if ur transaction is declined, it was declined by the bank, not by us, it is not my fault ur card isnt working, i dont care if u just used the card 5 minutes ago, the bank has declined it, and yes, that might have been an accident or a glitch, but it sure as hell isnt my fault
Yeah, l hate that, they start having a massive whinge and usually demand that you keep on trying to put it on a card. Usually, when it happens they go, "I'll go outside and withdraw money from the ATM at Westpac (cause its right next door really). It happened to me twice yesterday, which forces my line to start clogging up with shitloads of people while they take 5 minutes withdrawing the money and l cant cancel the transaction without the supervisor and they are usually busy as hell on other things.

Also a thing about bags, when you bring in your green bags(btw l hate it when people buy them at the store then ask you to open them.....just gives me the shits) or some other bags and dont bother to take all there other crap from inside it and then ask to have it done in their own special way and then whinge when it wont fit all the items properly and then you have to take everything out and repack it.

I reckon people who bring their green bags should be forced to do it themselves, l much rather put items inside the plastic bags rather than having to lean across (which is a bitch when you've been working for 10 hours) to place it into the green bag....and those people usually leave their items in the basket and force me to take it out....

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I hate packing green bags as much as the next front-ender, but it seems most people here sit the bag on the top counter, level with the scanner...why not hook it over the rack for the plastic bags? Most green bags have a little loop that you can hook over the centre loop (for the bit of plastic that holds the bags up, and then gets broken off when you open it), and the others, I just sit on the bit of wood on the base of the rack and loop a handle over the entire rack. Works pretty well.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The touch screen registers (at least for CML) need a supervisor to suspend it (as well as to completely delete it)

steelite

HSC
Argonaut said:
Where do you work? Normally, you should be able to suspend a transaction and recall it instantly with a few presses of a button.
Coles....like Jess says you need a supervisor for it. Though l know at Woolies you practically even more restrictions then Coles on what you can do

flower_farie

Hot Pink Mitten
HSC
Big W layby rules...
1. DONT continuarly press the bell and annoy my sleeping time...it is also not cute when ur kids do it
2. Dont ask me where parcel pickup is when i just explained it to the previous cutomer
3. Yes layby has a fee...its only $1...why wud we keep ur stuff in our store for free?
4. Dont complain wen i have to call a supervisor down to cancel a layby, its not my fault its ur incompotent and dont want something on ur layby
5. Dont watch me struggle with ur tv and tell me to be careful when dragging it to ur trolley...esp wen im by myself

Door rules
1. Dont lean so close to me and raise ur eyebrows u dirty pedo
2. Dont call me by my name, wat gives u the right to know it

...in general...wen im carrying a Boost and food in my hand...dont ask me to direct u to where things r, im hungry and i just want to talk to my friends in the lunchroom
or...
customer "why arent u open on christmas day or till midnight today( chrissy eve)
my internal thoughts..." cauz we have lives and we dont want to waste any more time talking to u...lowlife loser"

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
every store rules:
control your bratty kids. this mum was saying to her kid 'the lady's going to tell you off for playing on that' (he was climbing over the metal bar thing that separates the queues for the registers) so i said to him 'you have to get down from there.' and then the kid gets down off the bar thing and hits me on the leg (he's was like up to my waist in height).

no physical contact is required to ask a question. i had this creepy old guy come up to me to ask me questions and he kept leaning on me so i kept moving away and he kept moving closer..so i just kept moving a step away till he stopped asking questions.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Don't yell and get angry at me when I tell you that you can't have your money back when you don't have a receipt, because they're not MY rules.

Don't get angry at me when you get a store credit that isn't the same amount as what you paid for the item because you don't have a receipt. I tell you the rules and the price of the item before I give you the voucher to save the hassle of voiding it later.

No, your bank statement is NOT proof of purchase.

When you ask for the supervisor and I tell you that I am the supervisor, believe me.

When you come up and ask me on the busiest day of the year if I can quickly serve you because you only have one item, I will tell you no because I have other things to do- like looking after the 14 registers that are actually open.

Do not abuse my staff when they make a mistake. They're human, it happens and if you stop yelling I'd probably fix it a lot quicker.

When I tell you something and you don't like it and want to speak to a manager, you're wasting your time. The manager will always ask me what I said and back me up because they have no clue about anything outside of their area.

Don't ask for more registers when obviously every single fucking register in the store is open and serving customers. We don't get you to wait in a line for entertainment.

shortie_689

HSC
So today we had this customer right who wanted to return a pair of pants...
Our return policy or wateva No Refunds at all Credit Note and Excange within 7 days with tags and receipt...
So this customer brings back a pair of pants that had CLEARLY been worn had dirt and stuff ALLLLLLL over them telling us she had every right to return her pants as the tags where on an it was witin 7 days... So she had worn her pants wanted to return them then went on to tell us that she returns clothes that she wears all the time... It was just hilarious the customres were laughing at her an telling her she was wrong and she was getting soooooo angry...
Some people are just soooooooooo stupid

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
townie said:
Special Woolworths Liquor Ones:

1. Amazing as it is, we dont carry an infinite supply of paper bags
2. The specials for the next week are put up on Sunday because suprisingly enuf, people dont wanna come in at 3am on monday to set them up before open of business.
3. dont be suprised wen u dont get 10% of the wine wen it has a particular bottle of wine in it, since there are 50 signs up telling u it's not included in the 10%
4. our fridge isnt big enought to have every single bottle if white cold
5. we DO run out of wine, "out the bacK" is not a place where 3 cases of every single bottle of wine is held.
6. i ask for ID for a reason
7. wen ur an able bodied person, dont ask me 2 get a case of beer when there is a long line and u can bloody get it urself

hahah so true- last night i asked these girl girls for id and one of them snapped back "im twenty dont ya know?!" fucking bitch...

oh and

8) dont expect me to have tasted every bottle in the store or know how one person is going to like a particular red wine you sap!

VegeSim

HSC
Officeworks:

When I have a shirt with "officeworks" on it, and a name badge on, then Yes, I do work there!

Dont expect us to let you in and serve you after we've closed, cos by that point the registers would be turned off.

Dont expect us to do a print job for you, that would take half an hour, when we've just closed.

Dont set off an alarm and blame it on your child.

Don't be dissapointed that our deliver service takes 3 working days. It's just how the system works. if you want it faster, go elsewhere.

Free delivery in 3 working days is the best deal you're gonna get, and most likely you wont get it at any other OW store, so dont complain when the delivery if you think the delivery is too slow.

If you're an old guy, please don't try and crack onto me. I may be gay, but i have higher standards than you may think.

Don't be suprised if I can't offer you a discount on a product.

Don't be suprised when we don't consider 5 packs of 100 envelopes to be a "bulk purchase"

If a furniture item is classed as "Delivery only" its highly unlikely that you're going to find it at any other store

There are 100's of inks around. Dont expect me to magically know what ink your printer uses, when you dont even know the printer model.

Canon inks go with canon printers. HP with HP. Lexmark with Lexmark. Epson with Epson. Don't be suprised when you have a canon printer and HP ink doesnt work in it.

Don't bring back an empty ink cartridge and try and return it.

If I answer the phone saying "officeworks *store location*" Chances are, we are an officeworks store at that location.

Don't exit the store through the receiving dock. Theres 2 big signs saying staff only for a reason.

Store setup, before the grand opening:

Dont expect to be let in when theres a sign on the door saying "opening soon"

The doors are locked for a reason. Don't try to pry them open.

Dont enter the store through receiving and start pointing out items in a catalogue that you want to purchase, when we havent even opened yet.

The opening catalogue shows the opening date in 3 different places in HUGE letters. Dont tell me it doesnt say when we open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)