Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
dont just come up to me and say discount? it annoys the crap out of me. if thats the only thing you have learnt of the english language then there wil be a prolem

"Chubby"

HSC
ok here are a few stories from work from the past couple of days.

i had a customer on thursday who asked me for the prices of 4 clothing items cos my store's price checkers weren't working and then she goes to me how much all together? cos i had the machine to check the prices and im like to myself OMFG DO I LOOK LIKE A FUCKEN CALCULATOR TO U?!

Another customer wanted to buy a bike on display. Why? cos he wanted to ride it home straight away. GO TAKE THE BLOODY TRANSPORT. We couldn't sell him the display bike cos there were 2 of the bikes in boxes.

and please for goodness sake, when trying on shoes...dont' leave it on t he floor...put it back on the shelf. Dam customers, im sure that don't leave shoes on the floor at their place.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
lol @ this thread. i love it how customers seem to see us simultaneously as all-knowing gods and pond scum at the same time...for example, we're clearly too stupid to make anything of ourselves because we work behind a register, but we're also supposedly possessed of photographic memories and a magic ability to solve all their problems...i wish they would realise that neither is true.
haha, or put another way, we're clearly too dumb to be doing anything with our lives but we have superhuman intelligence in that we know every detail about every product including how to use it, which is better than which, when the product ran out, when more will be coming in, which other shops have it in stock

Pilotdude

HSC
After today GRRRRR at people.

Our West Australian Papers are $3.20 because we are in the middle of nowhere and any way it has 2.20 with an * next to it. And i had an argument with a customer who gave me a lecture on false advertising and why it has ruined retail in australia and im like WTF and i told her the only one who seems to be making a deal out of it is her, stupid bitch.

And i swear people seem to think "Out the back" is a magical stash of stuff in order which we can find anything anytime, lol always make me laugh when they want us to look for something stupid, always good to go out and have a chat :D

HSC
N/A
Woolies:

Don't dump your shopping basket on the conveyor belt on top of my 'this register is closing' sign.

Don't leave your basket somewhere I can't reach and then go off and have a conversation with some long lost friend you just saw.

Don't order your items "milk, detergent, milk, chlorine, milk, Mortein, milk, harsh corrosive bleach stuff, milk" and then expect me to be able to sort everything.

If I warn you that something's not working and you come through my register anyway, don't bitch about it to me. It's not my fault.

If you have a shopping trolley, you're not old, and the bags I fill aren't tearing, then stop bitching about my filling them.

Don't ignore me when I have to talk to you.

Don't make people behind you wait while you get a new receipt for every $30 or $80 you spend just to get petrol vouchers.

Don't bitch about me putting your packaged soft drinks with chemicals. The point of the plastic is to keep the external stuff from the internal stuff.

Don't think that just because you have a green bag I'm meant to shove 20kg of tin cans into it. I have to lift it too, you know.

And DON'T ignore me when I tell you you don't have to lift the items I can look up.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
I hate when I say 'leave your cans in your trolley because I can put it through on the computer' and they just drive right though and expect you to carry the drinks over the bag racks and to the bag bay. I don't want to do this for 9 hours and get RSI thank-you-very-much.

I also hate it when they don't unload the basket. They just leave it in there. Recently, I've just been getting the basket and tipping it upside down on the conveyor to make a point. It's working though!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
network video: yes, the system is a wonderful place, full of lists of everything we have in the store. if we have a copy of, say, eating raoul, i can find it. (it's in cult). what i can't find just by searching through our titles is a movie called 'restoration', when you tell me it's called 'either demolition or reconstruction'. what i can do is find 'demolition man' as the ONLY result of that search. i can search through action to find the disc which seems to have been put back in the wrong spot, i can search all the places it COULD be, there are lots of things i can do. in fact, i did do all these things. but the one thing i and the computer have in common is i cannot read your mind to find the exact movie you want me to find. thanks for wasting approx. 15 mins of my time.

HSC
N/A
Excalibur_ said:
I hate when I say 'leave your cans in your trolley because I can put it through on the computer' and they just drive right though and expect you to carry the drinks over the bag racks and to the bag bay. I don't want to do this for 9 hours and get RSI thank-you-very-much.

I also hate it when they don't unload the basket. They just leave it in there. Recently, I've just been getting the basket and tipping it upside down on the conveyor to make a point. It's working though!
But then they get pissy at you. =(

Sabbo

HSC
I work at Target in Home Entertainment and if I got a dollar for every time people asked me to look up on our ""SYSTEM"" if we have a certain DvD I wouldn't have to work there anymore (we don't have one but our registers sort of look like computers)

It usually goes like this

"Do you have 'somemovie' in stock?"
*Goes to section where it most likely would be i.e. Comedy and start digging through dvd's
"Can't you look it up on your system???"

Well DUHHHH..don't you think I would if I had it.

And what people don't seem to grasp if the DvD is not in the section it is supposed to be it could be ANYWHERE - in case of Target

- Some random spot
- Out in the lockup
- Under some shelve
- Stolen

We do actually have a system to check stock (not directly accessible to me) but because of the aforementioned points I don't bother to tell people because it will just confuse them. It's usually wrong anyway.

Had some guy get shitty about me not finding a movie (which he first thought we advertised but he obviously saw in someone else's catalogue).

After looking for him and explaining we don't seem to have it he gives me a dumbfounded look and asks if I can't look it up on our system.
Since he kept persisting I actually explained to him how the computer would be useless. He asked if he "could fill in a complaint from about the disorderly system we have". I gave him the corporate service number and sent him on his way. Some people need to get a life!!

Also don't get shitty with me when I don't know when we will be getting more stock in. They just send us the stock and we work it. Would you prefer I pull some random date out of my arse???

Ahh that felt better :)

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
omg, the comments about "out the back" are so true.

i'm in a lucky position tho, i can go look out the back and not be lying, cause our back (i.e. top stock room) only ever has stock that we are immediatley working on, so yes, i will look out the back, i wont be going to look downstairs where the stock MIGHT be :p

jamiedumas

HSC
At the movies:-

When I am rostered to open that means that in my shitty shopping centre It will usually be just myself, a projectionist and a manager for about the first half hour of trading, when the shutters are down with the exception of a small gap for staff to climb under and enter there workplace this means that we are closed.

So... like you did the other day, please dont ask me if you could just get a session times sheet. The answer is no. I will not open up early just for you, plus, the time is only 10:00am i dont start work for at least another 15 minutes, so I use this time to eat breakfast and drink coffee. Come back when we are open. Also when I refuse to get you one or let you get one yourself dont start screaming, ranting and bitching about how inconsiderate I am, I dont care if you have to take your mother to the doctor. I am not getting paid so why should I help you. Also If you refuse to stop screaming at me Ill call the security on your ass so no session times and doctors visit for you you inconsiderate asshole.

We have conditions of entry for a reason, to protect us as a company legally and to protect you, our ever so valuable patrons from yourselves. This means that you cannot leave the middle of your movie, go an purchase booze from downstairs and expect to bring it in. We are not licensed for you to drink anywhere other than Gold Class. Dont be an idiot saying its for after the movie when a second ago you tried to bribe me with $20 to look the otherway. I offered to mind it for you so when you get all pissed off and start threatening me you no what security is only a radio call away- see you later and have a nice day.

I dont care if you say your son is 18, he doesnt look it to me and because he doesnt have ID guess what hes not comming in to your R rated movie. If he doesnt drive or isnt being educated (crying shame) go get a proof of age card. Im not risking getting fined cos your lame-ass son is a first rate idiot. Dont argue with me saying that were his parents and doesnt that count for anything cos it doesnt. Sorry no ID no entry. You can have a refund this time but only because security is getting tired of responding to our calls.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
if you're old and italian or middle aged and italian chances are i hate you purely for the fact that you ask for everything in its fucking italian name and expect me to know what you're talking about. fuck off.

Pilotdude

HSC
Dont argue with me about not selling cigarettes on our registers. Next month you wont be able to buy them on express so HAHAHA fucking HA, dont winge about how expensive they are or say what a dirty habit motovate your self and give up for fuck sake

Dont point at the bag rack and grunt, it doesnt mean shit to me, and then when you grunt louder i will ask if theres anything i can do and then if you mutter something ill say have a nice day and walk away.

DO NOT ASK FOR A BAG FOR A PACKET OF CIGARETTES, your not getting one.

Lotto closes at 6 now fuck off and no i cannot check scratchies NO means fucking NO

Dont bring in a reciept with 30 things highlighted and expect me to check every fucking price.

And this one takes the cake!!

This ladie went through the checkout and had a catalouge and was saying all the items she bought the pricing was wrong so the first few items i checked and then kept checking before i said, look im not checking any more.
She said well when you send me a catalouge i expect those prices to be correct. i said let me have a look at the catalouge and it was from 3 fucking weeks ago you stupid bitch.

Then the absolute cheek, she said well since i found it, i should get the items at that price. We had a yelling match because in the clause the specials ended that week. Had to get the store manager to argue with her, she wants to take it further LMAO hahaha. Head office would just laugh at her and call her stupid. Even my manager said "How stupid do you have to be?"

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha oh lord.

It's like "I found this catalogue from 1936 and I want 3 loaves of bread for a shilling!".

Dave2007

HSC
NO YOU CANT USE OUR TOILET

I wish that was plastered on our workplace, it would remove 50% of my talking that I have to do. And no you cant use it "just this once" or beause you "really need it" when there are numerous other stores with more freely available toilets and public ones right outside, when ill be the one losing my job if i let you in.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Dave2007 said:
NO YOU CANT USE OUR TOILET

I wish that was plastered on our workplace, it would remove 50% of my talking that I have to do. And no you cant use it "just this once" or beause you "really need it" when there are numerous other stores with more freely available toilets and public ones right outside, when ill be the one losing my job if i let you in.
just tell them it's OH&S, thats why i do (which is the truth)

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
iambored said:
um, why do you care which trolleys people use? would you like squashed toast that doesn't fit in the toaster?
and would you like meat liquid all over the green bag? you're the one who said make sure they're clean

other than those, i agree with all the rest
B/c they could just leave the meat bag out of the green bag :)
And b/c the trolleys without the coin slots are the ones with the newborn baby seats or whatever they are called, and people use them out of selfishness. They could get a normal coin trolley, and just put it in the small child compartment, which every trolley has.
:)

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
Learn to read! Please! Don't bitch to your equally ugly husband about the washing powder price being wrong, make the whole of the express lane wait for you, b/c you can't read and just picked up the closest thing to the price ticket. Argh!
A customer last week gave me a flower they picked from the carpark today. I felt pretty spesh... And scared. But mostly special =D

tennille

HSC
Excalibur_ said:

I know exactly how you feel.

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
Oh. And exiting through the fire exits. Some old guy entered through the automatic sliding doors, then decided to just waltz up to the alarmed door, open it up, and continue on his merry way. Hag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)