Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
jeez alright, rant all you like. if everyone can be like malfoy, then i'd have no problem with it.

just a question though, how many of you actually had the balls to tell off the type of customers you are ranting about, as the events unfolded? this is not a criticism, but just a normal question. because it'd be quite hypocritical of you to rant about it after it happened, but decided to let it slip by at the time.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Waiter at a restaurant
-Remember what you ordered. The plates can be extremely hot and I don't know what you ordered (not my table) so please can you remeber so I can plae it down.
-Don't make jokes about how shitmy job is. Thats my job to make jokes about my work. Don't you do it, its just fucking rude.
-Don't get angry if I ask you so many qestions. Would you rather me screw up your order then you can recieve the wrong food.
-If I ask you to pas me your plate. Don't ingore me. I am not a member of the fantastic four, please help me out

CieL

HSC
I hate retardedly slow people.

If I ask if you have Flybuys.. I mean NOW! As in, I want it RIGHT NOW!
If you have it, but you're getting it out, then TELL ME!

I had a line of fucking 20 [literally] customers long, and this fucking curry man who wasn't even in line [he was standing in the cigarettes area] wanted a pack of Winnies and a $100 optus recharge. I get him his shit then I said, "That'll be $110.55, do you have Flybuys?"

He proceeds to give me the cash only and doesn't say anything more.. and since I was in a hurry to serve other people, I didnt stand there for another second.. I press the amount, grabbed his change, grabbed the receipt.. HAND EVERYTHING TO HIM, then he fishes he fucking Flybuys out and says he has flybuys.

Then because I couldnt be bothered to add it back on, I tell him it's too late - Sorry.. Then he makes a fucking scene and says, "I don't want it then" in a fucking curry accent..

Like ffs, you're holding up 20 people here. Just take your credit and your fucking smokes and fucking get lost.. how many points is it anyway? You've probably made so many fucking babies you'll buy $100 in groceries the next day anyway.

Most people don't really give a shit if their Flybuys isnt fucking swiped.. I mean, how many points do you get anyway? Jackshit all.

Some other customer told me I should of slugged one over his head.. then another white guy taught me how to call him a faggot in punjabi..

pete_mate

HSC
wtf is flybuys anyway, i always get annoyed when they ask, like they're trying to sell me something.

if it was so important wouldn't i have the card ready?

CieL

HSC
pete_mate said:
wtf is flybuys anyway, i always get annoyed when they ask, like they're trying to sell me something.

if it was so important wouldn't i have the card ready?
It's just this stupid card that you join for free.. and when you purchase things over $5, you get points when you swipe your card.. then you accumulate those points, and you can get like gift vouchers, maybe add a bit of money for like iPODs, DVD players, perfume, plane tickets, etc..

We ask because we have to. We get assessed on the way we serve customers - and one of things we need to do is ask for Flybuys.. otherwise we lose points if we are assessed by a mystery shopper..

And then I ask because 80% of people have Flybuys, and 95% of them forget to take it out when they are at the cashier. Then I also ask because some fags like the stingey curry complains when the Flybuys doesn't get fucking swiped. But if you forget, or they ignore you and you've completed the transaction.. most people don't mind since it takes 10yrs to accumlate points anyways

It's not important. It's free and for people who want to maximise their benefits.. or at least seem like they are..

kow_dude

HSC
^ I think one way to deal with the flybuys issue is to show them a dummy flybuys card (or use your own) and ask if they have a flybuys card. So if they can't understand what you're talking about, they can at least see what you're asking for.

I'm working at officeworks at the moment. I don't work around the stationary area much and i get annoyed when customers refuse to listen/look at me when i'm unable to locate an item they're looking for. Our store just had a grand opening i don't know where everything is.

CieL

HSC
kow_dude said:
^ I think one way to deal with the flybuys issue is to show them a dummy flybuys card (or use your own) and ask if they have a flybuys card. So if they can't understand what you're talking about, they can at least see what you're asking for.
Why bother.

I don't have time to extract a Flybuys card when it's peak hour and waste time explaining to them what it is. It's not my job to promote the damn thing. If they don't understand, it's obvious they don't have one..

The only thing which pisses me off is when I do ask if they have it.. then they don't SAY anything and just give me cash/card.. and when I've completed the transaction [full printed out receipt, pulled out the change] they pull it out and make me waste time to add it on again when it would of been a simple BEEP of the card along with their groceries.

I don't mind if it's quiet and I've got time, and if they're polite in asking me if it's too late or if they can still add it on.. but I won't tolerate it if you don't say "thankyou" or "please", or stay mute and show me a disgusting face.

What happened before was completely stupid.
He was not waiting in the line of 20 people.. he pushed in via cigarette counter.. then he did not say anything besides his order.. and was totally rude about wanting a full refund and being inconsiderate..

Today I just thought of something totally appropriate.. I should of told him to go to the end of the line if he wanted a refund or add flybuys since he's a laggy bastard.

The time I spent arguing with him, I would of easily made another $50 off someone else.

He was just totally rude. Everyone else waiting in my line thought so too. One lady kept giggling at me asked me how I deal with these people everyday..

CieL

HSC
kow_dude said:
I'm working at officeworks at the moment. I don't work around the stationary area much and i get annoyed when customers refuse to listen/look at me when i'm unable to locate an item they're looking for. Our store just had a grand opening i don't know where everything is.
You know what.

I don't know where every single item in my shop is either. Especially the less bought items like anchovies and gherkins.

One man asked me where they were.. and I was unable to give him a precise location.. I had an idea of whereabouts they MIGHT be.. but I didnt want him to go there and find it not there.. so I politely told him that it might be better for him to ask a guy [standing right behind him] that was STOCKING THE SHELVES - duh why didnt you do that in the first place - and then he turns to me and threatens to report me to my store manager because I didnt know where the anchovies and gherkins are..

Dude wtf.. my duty is in the front end.. Ask me about Flybuys, ask me about giftcards, ask me about trading hours, ask me where everyday products are.. like bread, milk, eggs, etc.. but ffs I DON'T EAT GHERKINS!

Thank god the lady I was serving knew and pointed him in the right direction.. strangely, they were under "Sauces"

Pace_T

HSC
CieL said:
You know what.

I don't know where every single item in my shop is either. Especially the less bought items like anchovies and gherkins.

One man asked me where they were.. and I was unable to give him a precise location.. I had an idea of whereabouts they MIGHT be.. but I didnt want him to go there and find it not there.. so I politely told him that it might be better for him to ask a guy [standing right behind him] that was STOCKING THE SHELVES - duh why didnt you do that in the first place - and then he turns to me and threatens to report me to my store manager because I didnt know where the anchovies and gherkins are..

Dude wtf.. my duty is in the front end.. Ask me about Flybuys, ask me about giftcards, ask me about trading hours, ask me where everyday products are.. like bread, milk, eggs, etc.. but ffs I DON'T EAT GHERKINS!

Thank god the lady I was serving knew and pointed him in the right direction.. strangely, they were under "Sauces"
'

you seem to have a lot of rude customers at your work. for me there is a line i have to draw between being polite and understanding and risking my job. if someone is that much of an asshole ill tell him to go fuck himself and to report me. afterall its just woolworths (if thats where you work). employees like yourself are people too, and if they treat you like you're below them they are fucked in the head.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
I hate retardedly slow people.

If I ask if you have Flybuys.. I mean NOW! As in, I want it RIGHT NOW!
If you have it, but you're getting it out, then TELL ME!

I had a line of fucking 20 [literally] customers long, and this fucking curry man who wasn't even in line [he was standing in the cigarettes area] wanted a pack of Winnies and a $100 optus recharge. I get him his shit then I said, "That'll be $110.55, do you have Flybuys?"

He proceeds to give me the cash only and doesn't say anything more.. and since I was in a hurry to serve other people, I didnt stand there for another second.. I press the amount, grabbed his change, grabbed the receipt.. HAND EVERYTHING TO HIM, then he fishes he fucking Flybuys out and says he has flybuys.

Then because I couldnt be bothered to add it back on, I tell him it's too late - Sorry.. Then he makes a fucking scene and says, "I don't want it then" in a fucking curry accent..

Like ffs, you're holding up 20 people here. Just take your credit and your fucking smokes and fucking get lost.. how many points is it anyway? You've probably made so many fucking babies you'll buy $100 in groceries the next day anyway.

Most people don't really give a shit if their Flybuys isnt fucking swiped.. I mean, how many points do you get anyway? Jackshit all.

Some other customer told me I should of slugged one over his head.. then another white guy taught me how to call him a faggot in punjabi..
Well you jsut had problems handling the situation. If he wasn't in the line then tell him to get in a line, or tell him you'll be with him in a second.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
kym999 said:
HAHA. Well said.

What's the bet the fuckers in this forum sticking up for asshole customers have NEVER had a job and live off Mummy and Daddy.

I put up with assholes like you every weekend, like everyone else in thsi forum, the other probably put up with more.

If you think we are such whingers, never go to a shop again. EVER. Come on big boy. NEVER!

Now who has the upper hand??

Haha. Stupid customer dipshit.
Hah kid. Pray your employer never sees this.

But you know, that's why you're stuck doing whatever job you're doing. Do you get paid $8 an hour? I can make 10000 times that in 3 months in the stock market in a good run. Dumb shit.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Omnidragon said:

But you know, that's why you're stuck doing whatever job you're doing. Do you get paid $8 an hour? I can make 10000 times that in 3 months in the stock market in a good run. Dumb shit.
dude people post in this thread so they can vent about the things that annoy them at work so that they can go to work and do their jobs without actually carrying out the murder-fantasies that do cross your mind when you're dealing with particularly obnoxious people. you might have a full time career now, good for you. most people here are just working part time to pay for uni/get work experience etc, so it's not surprising that some of them don't like it. give them a break.

ps your year 12 exams were four years ago i think you can get rid of your mark targets.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I would hardly call working at woolies while you're at uni being "stuck" there.

The fact that they're going to uni/doing the HSC kind of implies that they're planning on doing something else with their lives.

I actually do bitch to my employer about customers. She even contested our last mystery shop because she knew I'd handled it better than the shopper said. When I leave I'm going to get the best reference ever.

CieL

HSC
Omnidragon said:
Well you jsut had problems handling the situation. If he wasn't in the line then tell him to get in a line, or tell him you'll be with him in a second.
And you think those are better solutions?

I already explained he doesn't have to line up if he is at the cigarette counter. Usually smokers just buy their smokes and leave. Quick transaction. I have to work both areas. Front and behind me.

Why would I want to tell him I'll be with him in a second? I'd have to do it sooner or later [because I was the supervisor, and the only one in charge], so why would I want a rude angry curry standing behind my back any longer than they have to?

In this area where my shop is located, you have to be more than careful. 60% of the people there are drugged up. You never know what might happen and the last thing I want to do is anger an irritated person already.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
look, trying to sound as nice as i can, do all you people who rant here, behave like perfect customers everytime you shop/dine/consume? just like the way you want your customers to be? every single time? surely not. the funny thing is, there is a chance that one of you is ranting about another one of you in this thread.

we all deal with bad clients every now and then. it is expected no matter what job you got. forgive and forget people, that's what jesus would do.

CieL

HSC
Yes.

I actually do behave the way I would like other people to behave as a consumer.
Even if I'm feeling like total shit, I will put on a face for the period of time I am being served.

I deal with bad clients everyday I work. I'm in charge of the front end, anything which doesn't go smoothly gets thrown into my hands.

I like to rant. Is there some problem? You're ranting. You've been ranting about us ranting for ages now. In fact, that's the only thing you talk about. I'm not sure I've seen you write something that relates to the thread title: "Rules for Customers".. not shit like "Rules for people that rant in the rules for customers thread".

kym999

HSC
Omnidragon said:

Haha, i dont think my employer would read this, considering, they arent in school, and unlike you (who finished in 2003) have better things to do than associate with 18 year olds.

Don't even try and pull the 'i got hooked on the forums in year 12' line - its clearly crap cause you joined in 2005 - 2 years after you did year 12.

So now whos the dumb shit? Crawl back to your stock market - which is most likely a lie to make you feel worthwhile and stay there! In four years ill have my business/eco degree and will settle in for a long career in one of the blue chip companies you dream about trading stocks in.

P.S - i get paid $17.30 / hour, because im a supervisor and am good at what i do. What are you good at? judging people who dont live a fantasy like you??

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I think that after working with customers, you do try to be as polite and friendly and not-annoying as possible. It's a do-unto-others sort of thing.

Even if I'm having a shit day I'll always smile and thank whoever serves me. Besides the fact that it's courteous, being nice makes me feel nice.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
scarybunny said:
I think that after working with customers, you do try to be as polite and friendly and not-annoying as possible. It's a do-unto-others sort of thing.

Even if I'm having a shit day I'll always smile and thank whoever serves me. Besides the fact that it's courteous, being nice makes me feel nice.
exactly, couldn't have put it better.

trust me, if you've ever worked in customer service you KNOW how important it is to be as nice as possible to everyone involved.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
as a side note to wuddie, he got me thinking

if you work in retail, if YOUR getting served, do you find yourself switching into customer service mode and being all polite, smiley and cheery. hell, i even say "excuse me sir/madam" when i walk infront of people at a store

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)