Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
Testpilot said:
Last night some woman paid for $250 of groceries in $5 gift cards. Thats 50 transactions.
hahaha

i think i've had more than that... maybe... sometimes they bring in a shitload that have like 60c left each and it's funny

I don't know if this is a rule or what but, let me state it like a mathematical theorem:

The total cost is equal to the sum of the cost of each individual item on the list of items purchased.

I had someone who really couldn't grasp that the other night. And I mean, I've served plenty of genuinely intellectually disabled people and none of them had the slightest problem with it. Just this one stupid old bitch. And it's not like she bought a shitload of items and lost track of how much she'd bought, there was only like 7 things, and in fact she'd had me state the price of each item individually as we went along.

I guess to balance that with a Rule for Staff, I might add

Don't laugh at people who can't grasp the above, they get angry.

but oh well :D

waysted

HSC
kym999 said:
Hey Wuddie, its been made pretty clear that this thread is for a bit of whinging, and you have demonstrated that you disagree. As we all know your oppinions, and we all know that you are wrong - how about you leave this thread... If it pisses you off so much why dont you just stop reading it??? So to quote the wise words of waysted - FUCK YOU!
Thanks kym :)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Today this old man and his lady stood in the dark for like 5 minutes before they left. They didn't seem to understand that the store was closed.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
err in respond to waysted and kym, it doesn't actually piss me off, on the contrast, it pisses you guys off, so i just keep posting. yea, you got me, i love my riding on my high horses.

it is quite funny how people react to something other than what they expected.

i am going to throw this one out there - is it a coincidence that the majority of the whingers in this thread are female?

waysted

HSC
Wuddie, no i don't think it's a coincidence that most of the people 'whinging' are chicks. At my work about 80% are chicks, and i'd say it's about the same everywhere i've worked.

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
wuddie said:
err in respond to waysted and kym, it doesn't actually piss me off, on the contrast, it pisses you guys off, so i just keep posting. yea, you got me, i love my riding on my high horses.

i am going to throw this one out there - is it a coincidence that the majority of the whingers in this thread are female?
Aren't they always? :D

kym999

HSC
wuddie said:

Is it a coincidence that you sound like a chick too Wuddie??

No insult to my own kind - its just, you really do sound like a chick.

No guy ive ever met is as bitchy as what you are....

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i am just going to ignore kym altogether, because she's not making the slightest case against my point. and err, bitching would be talking about someone behind their backs, in this case, i am not doing that. you ma'm, on the other hand, are the hypocrit.

to the other two - i don't think it is a coincidence as well. the reason why you see about 80% chicks at your work is because male dominates at the management positions. not being a sexist, but that's the truth. how they got there? by not whinging about their work and actually do something about it. in the end, that's the difference.

waysted

HSC
wuddie said:
i am just going to ignore kym altogether, because she's not making the slightest case against my point. and err, bitching would be talking about someone behind their backs, in this case, i am not doing that. you ma'm, on the other hand, are the hypocrit.

to the other two - i don't think it is a coincidence as well. the reason why you see about 80% chicks at your work is because male dominates at the management positions. not being a sexist, but that's the truth. how they got there? by not whinging about their work and actually do something about it. in the end, that's the difference.
That makes no sense. Managers work there as well. And including the managers, about 80% are female. There are only 3 managers at my work that are males.
And by the way, that is being sexist. It's like me saying all black people have AIDS and then saying i'm not being racist, just telling the truth.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
umop 3pisdn said:
hahaha

i think i've had more than that... maybe... sometimes they bring in a shitload that have like 60c left each and it's funny

I don't know if this is a rule or what but, let me state it like a mathematical theorem:

The total cost is equal to the sum of the cost of each individual item on the list of items purchased.

I had someone who really couldn't grasp that the other night. And I mean, I've served plenty of genuinely intellectually disabled people and none of them had the slightest problem with it. Just this one stupid old bitch. And it's not like she bought a shitload of items and lost track of how much she'd bought, there was only like 7 things, and in fact she'd had me state the price of each item individually as we went along.

I guess to balance that with a Rule for Staff, I might add

Don't laugh at people who can't grasp the above, they get angry.

but oh well :D
HAHAHAHAHA omg i didn't think it was possible not to grasp that concept. fuck, didn't we all learn that in year 1?

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
I know this defeats the purpose of the thread, but I love polite customers. Nothing makes my working day better when the majority of people you serve are really polite and actually THANK you. By the way I work at woolies.

Unfortunately there are a whole heap of rude customers out there, I understand sometimes people are having a really really shit day, but honestly customers are rude way to much. Once I asked a woman how her day was and she said:
"bad actually"
Me: "Oh really, whys that if you dont mind me asking?"
Woman: "My daughter just rang and told me her best friend had been killed"
Me: "Oh..."
Woman: "Yeah, so obviously I stopped dead in the centre of the aisle and a man behind me yells 'great place to stop and have a phone conversation, dumb bitch'".
That woman obviously had a horrible day, she however was extremely polite to me. I could rant forever about rude customers, but most of the points I wanna make have been brought up by others.

And I agree with whoever said it a few pages ago, after working in retail you become more aware of how you treat people then serving you.

*Minka*

HSC
waysted said:
2. Don't call me a fucking liar when all i'm trying to do is help. Swearing at me does not make me feel any way inclined to help you and you may find me telling you to get fucked, you stupid wog bitch who rang the other day.
Oi.

waysted

HSC
Sorry Minka, no offence, it's just that woman was a real bitch. I know she's not going to read it but it made me feel better.

mzduxx2006

HSC
townie said:
In light of posts by _muse_ and others, i present customer rules

1. Dont tell me u left ur green bag in the car and expect me to laugh
2. Dont blame me when ur credit card wont scan thru because u've mangled it
3. ask for cash out BEFORE u've entered ur PIN
4. Query the price BEFORE ur signing the credit card slip
5. When i say 'would u like a bag?' make up ur mind in 5 seconds, and dont change it.
6. that buzzing noise, the one u hear when people walk in, that keeps on going if u DONT MOVE OUT OUT THE FUCKING DOORWAY
7. No, i dont know where every single product in the store is
8. No, we dont have infinite storage to magically have 2 cases of some obscure product.
9. Dont be suprised when ur not allowed in 15 minuters after the store has closed.
10. dont be suprised when i refuse 2 accept ur payment of $15 in 10c coins

ADD YOUR OWN
i am customer relations supervisor and i work at my family pizza shop which is why i CANT get fired for anything i do :D

My rules are as follows:

1- DONT fukin order delivery if u cannot afford to pay with cash, we do not take credit cards over the fone NOR do we send our delivery driver with an eftpos machine.

2- DONT make mindless chit chatter when u can see that i am PLAINLY STUDYING WITH THE FOLDER TITLED HSC CHEMISTRY MODULE 1

3- DONT look at me when i serve u and say "what nashionality are u" INCASE u cant tell i have the ALBANIAN FUKIN EAGLE around my neck. dumbasses

4- I DONT WEAR a namebadge Because i dont want to be HARRASSED by stupid merrylands fuks that wen they see me they go "OH HELLO FIONA".

5- Its not my fault u ordered a hawaiin with no ham and ended up with a cheese and fukin pineapple pizza. Farout.

6- Dont mock me over the phone when i cant hear wat u r saying. its not my fault u are a completed dumb, deaf and mute incoherant fuk.

7- If i give u $2.10 change and my tip jar is there, dont drop the 10 cents and say "u need it more than i do". NO I DONT. i drive a fukin brand new beamer. chances are u need it more than me dikhead.

8- DONT walk past my shop and gawk at the menu at the front, walk in then see the prices and walk out, THE PRICES ARE ON THE MENU OUTSIDE MORON.

9- DONT call me pet names like "darling" and "sweetie"

10- If u chose to eat in my restaurant. Please be considerate and DONT EAT like a fukin animal. I do not like mopping up orange juice and coke that ur partner spilt on the floor cause they eat like animals.

11- DONT ABUSE me when ur pizza is not ready in 15 minutes. I DO NOT make them and i frankly do not give a fuk.

12- If i apologise to u for lateness or some other reason, have the courtesy to look me in the eye and say "thats ohk" even if u dont mean it. Dont chuck a hissy fit and say "Im going to dominos" cause ur a fukin adult and i'll just say "GO TO DOMINOS WE DONT NEED U".

13- when u ask for the manager and i say "i am it" dont look at me weird and say "i want one over 18". Im probably more mature than u spastic.

14- Dont bargain with me for the prices. even if ur meal comes to ten dollars and five cents. i WILL make u pay ten dollars and five cents. We are not the GOOD GUYS where u pay less for cash.

15- Dont ring up and complain saying "Awwwwww my pizzas cold" then wen i say we will give u a new one, we will just pick up the cold pizza and you say "awwwwwww we ate it already" then obviously u fat fuk it wasnt cold and u just want another pizza. CHEAPSKATE.

CieL

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
pretty much, yeah. that's what the thread is for, after all.

i don't think Ciel was being racist if you actually look at her comments within the context of the rest of the post (ie the stress and anger she was obviously feeling). there's nothing there to suggest that under normal circumstances, that she would hate indian people. Everyone has times where they get furious and start flinging around insults, it doesn't mean they hold those views when they're not upset.
Thankyou. You're spot on.
I found it amusing that when I don't log on for a couple of days something like this happens..

But no, I wasn't trying to be racist. I have quite a few curry friends and they don't give a shit if I call them curry. Besides, I use that term because I had no idea if they're Indian or Sri Lanken or whatever and I know that between the two, they get offended if I mix them up. So I just use "curry" to be on the safe side.

I serve a shitload of people a day. Every single race.
Honestly, I couldn't give a shit if you were black, green or blue.
Besides, the way you quoted me, you put every "fucking curry" quote into two sentences when I wrote about 4 long paragraphs..

Here's a "sorry" if you found it offensive, but I wasn't trying to be. The day I typed most of it was the day it happened to me and I was fuming.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm sick of this conversation at my woolies liquor:

them (with shopping from the supermarket part of the store): where's the tonic/coke?
me: sorry, it's next door i'm afraid
them: *sigh* *grrrr*
me: sorry
them: so, do i have to go back in there?
me: yes, i'm afraid you do (in my head: unless you can move the drink by telekenisis)

I honestly dont get it, YOUR IN THE SUPERMARKET PART SHOPPING, WHY DIDNT YOU PICK YOUR SOFTDRINK UP THEN, ESPESCIALLY WHEN IT'S THE ONLY THING YOU WANTED FROM LIQUOR DEPARTMENT

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
I dunno... why don't people check if stuff is the right size, or decide if they want it or not, or check if they have any money before they come to the checkout? Or at least in the long wait in the line? You can't explain these things :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
umop 3pisdn said:
I dunno... why don't people check if stuff is the right size, or decide if they want it or not, or check if they have any money before they come to the checkout? Or at least in the long wait in the line? You can't explain these things :D
yeah its a mystery... i remember once a lady bought a bag of those allsort biscuits from me and she asked for the price before i scanned them... i price checked it and told her $4.10 or whatever the price was, she goes, "ok", so i scan it in, say "that'll be $4.10 thankyou" and she goes "what?! bla bla bla" about the price and i'm just thinking, you stupid fuck, i just TOLD you what the price was and you said OKAY. besides if a four dollar bag of biscuits makes such a difference to your financial situation i can give you the number for a welfare agency, if you like. jeez.

RTTTYTR

HSC
QUOTE=astarael]sounds pretty goddamn racist to me...

if she was merely describing the customer, then i think it would have been adequate to refer to him as indian, once, not that it would have any relevance. making numerous references to him being a "fucking curry" is racist.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on the racist angle

Testpilot said:
Last night some woman paid for $250 of groceries in $5 gift cards. Thats 50 transactions.
That's just stupid, they wouldn't get the fuel discount voucher. I can understand having that in 8 transactions or less.

jodi..1 said:
I know this defeats the purpose of the thread, but I love polite customers. Nothing makes my working day better when the majority of people you serve are really polite and actually THANK you. By the way I work at woolies.
Hang on, you expect people to thank you for doing your job? The fact that you get paid is the gratitude for your work. It is you that should be thanking the customers for keeping you employed and not the fact that you do your job.

Unless of course you go above and beyond the standard for the customer. In that case, the customer should say thank you.

jodi..1 said:
And I agree with whoever said it a few pages ago, after working in retail you become more aware of how you treat people then serving you.
You do understand that as an employee, you are the hired help and in that, relationship the customer has power over you and is superior to you in terms of needs and wants.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
RTTTYTR said:
That's just stupid, they wouldn't get the fuel discount voucher. I can understand having that in 8 transactions or less.
Nope. Doesn't work that way. How else do you think they max out the $5 on the card each time.

What happens is the $250 worth of groceries is put through, then $5 is deducted each time a gift voucher is put through.
It's a total bitch to do as it works like EFTPOS.. you gotta hit several buttons, hit the amount, swipe the card, enter the pin, wait for approval, and do that again 49 times.

So your docket is basically a list of your items, grand total, then at the bottom there will be a list of 50 "transactions", then the fuel voucher at the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)