Rules for Customers (4 Viewers)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
^ nothing to do with the above, but did you know, you can't continuously monitor or access the surveillance camera footage unless you have a legitimate reason? so if they've caught you stealing something from, say woolies, you can ask them why were they monitoring the cameras. if they can't give a legit reason, you can actually sue them for invasion of privacy.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
wuddie said:
^ nothing to do with the above, but did you know, you can't continuously monitor or access the surveillance camera footage unless you have a legitimate reason? so if they've caught you stealing something from, say woolies, you can ask them why were they monitoring the cameras. if they can't give a legit reason, you can actually sue them for invasion of privacy.
Um, how exactly are you going to prove that they were "continuously monitoring" the cameras? They would say it was a pure coincidence and you have nothing to prove them wrong.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
and very few people are caught on camera, mainly because most theifs are clever enought NOT to steal something in front of the cameras

Evilo

HSC
wuddie said:
^ nothing to do with the above, but did you know, you can't continuously monitor or access the surveillance camera footage unless you have a legitimate reason?.
really? so should i sue coles myer for their "continiously monitoring" stickers stuck next to all their security cameras (especially in the lolly and battery isles)

wuddie said:
so if they've caught you stealing something from, say woolies, you can ask them why were they monitoring the cameras. if they can't give a legit reason, you can actually sue them for invasion of privacy.
I work in a (chain) liquor store. There is a big screen (with all cameras) facing the till for a reason. I can watch who is nicking shit from the cold room, or down the back in the blind spot. Sue me.

If you were caught putting shit in your jacket, then questioned me about why i was watching you. a) cos you look suspect b) its 50 degrees and you've got a jacket on. I can spot most thieves from the moment they walk in the door. Of course i'll be "continiously monitoring" you until you leave the store. If you're so concerned about your rights and privacy, you wouldn't be stealing shit in the first place, cos i will catch you.

townie said:
and very few people are caught on camera, mainly because most theifs are clever enought NOT to steal something in front of the cameras
You would be suprised mate, ive seen some pretty retarded thieves. Some just grab it and walk out in plain sight of the cameras.

Others face their back to the camera, get really close to the shelf and open up their bumbag. What they forgot to realise, is that you're standing 5m infront of them. "Can i help you?" 'No im just looking at these flasks" "thats okay, ill stand here while you look". they eventually left, but ffs they're not fooling anyone.

Evilo

HSC
kuroneko said:
Upon thinking about I have some more.
13. Don't ask me to get 4kg of chicken breast... or for that matter anything more than 2kg... I have small and weak arms, as you can plainly see.
14. Your special requests pester me, they are more of an inconvenience to me than they are a convenience for you. Grow a heart.
I am going to agree with Pace_t here - you need a serious dose of harden the fuk up.
If you're at a chain store (i.e. coles or woolies) you probably had to sign an agreement that you could repetitively pick up 5-10kgs. If you can't, then you have falsely signed a declaration and you are unfit for work. If you expect to keep your job, then you need to build some muscle, 4kgs is nothing.
What happens if you fall over? How do you stand up again? Do you fight against the wind?
At the dinner table, how do you move your chair?
How will you drive a larger car?
I work at a liquor store where I signed a declaration that I can repetitively lift 15-20kgs. I had weak arms at the start of the job and I could (just) complete the requirements, but it was sore. After a few days I was building muscle and I can complete the job with ease.
You work at a Deli, special requests are the only things you do. They may be annoying, but that’s exactly what you’re job details. If you don’t like it, ask your floor manager for a transfer to pack shelves. Or quit and go to McDonalds. Actually don’t bother going to maccas – because a tray of bread buns will be greater than 5kgs. Perhaps you should work at a pillow factory, stack feathers, or do gift wrapping.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
kuroneko said:
Upon thinking about I have some more.
13. Don't ask me to get 4kg of chicken breast... or for that matter anything more than 2kg... I have small and weak arms, as you can plainly see.
14. Your special requests pester me, they are more of an inconvenience to me than they are a convenience for you. Grow a heart.
Its your job to do those things. Don't think that members of the general public really care whether or not you like your job, they just expect you to do it. Harden up.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Evilo said:
I am going to agree with Pace_t here - you need a serious dose of harden the fuk up.
If you're at a chain store (i.e. coles or woolies) you probably had to sign an agreement that you could repetitively pick up 5-10kgs. If you can't, then you have falsely signed a declaration and you are unfit for work. If you expect to keep your job, then you need to build some muscle, 4kgs is nothing.
What happens if you fall over? How do you stand up again? Do you fight against the wind?
At the dinner table, how do you move your chair?
How will you drive a larger car?
I work at a liquor store where I signed a declaration that I can repetitively lift 15-20kgs. I had weak arms at the start of the job and I could (just) complete the requirements, but it was sore. After a few days I was building muscle and I can complete the job with ease.
You work at a Deli, special requests are the only things you do. They may be annoying, but that’s exactly what you’re job details. If you don’t like it, ask your floor manager for a transfer to pack shelves. Or quit and go to McDonalds. Actually don’t bother going to maccas – because a tray of bread buns will be greater than 5kgs. Perhaps you should work at a pillow factory, stack feathers, or do gift wrapping.
Liquorland, Woolworths Liquor, Dan Murphy's, BWS, First Choice or Vintage Cellars?

Evilo

HSC
townie said:
Liquorland, Woolworths Liquor, Dan Murphy's, BWS, First Choice or Vintage Cellars?
I know for a fact the declaration is signed at both Liquorland and BWS (cos i signed it at both stores). If thats your question?

kuroneko

HSC
Lol ok. It was only what I was *thinking* while working there, so an official 'hardening the fuck up' is a bit redundant.

& Don't you worry,their 5k's of chicken was successfully plonked on the counter, TYVM.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
kuroneko said:
Lol ok. It was only what I was *thinking* while working there, so an official 'hardening the fuck up' is a bit redundant.

& Don't you worry,their 5k's of chicken was successfully plonked on the counter, TYVM.
Even so, if its your job you can't really justify complaining about that kind of stuff. Its not an unreasonable request imo

Evilo

HSC
you have an argument if they can easily get the chicken themselves, but choose to ask you instead. i.e. Some people say "ill have a case of x" when they are fit enough to go to our self serve fridge and get it. Although i dont think much of them, i use these newly created arm muscles (flexes - oh yeah) and go get it. Otherwise you should still work on those arms. Guys totally dig girls who can bench press their own body weight. ;)

Evilo

HSC
dw someone else will say something stupid and you'll lose the spotlight. It's BOS fact.

waysted

HSC
sorry, i just reckon it's a pretty sweet job. except for the chicken blood etc.
did anyone ever buy those horrible vine leaf things when u worked there?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Evilo said:
I know for a fact the declaration is signed at both Liquorland and BWS (cos i signed it at both stores). If thats your question?
more wondering where you worked, is all

i'm Woolworths Liquor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)