Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
CieL said:
Unfortunately many mature aged adults have the mental capacity of small children.

I work around the corner dole bludger infested government housing.
Self explanatory.
Yeah same lol

I always feel sorry for their kids because they're likely to turn out the same :(

greekgun

HSC
This happend today at work and it pisses me off how some customers do this.

What happend was, this lady bought a whole bunch of pepsi max's. This customer had misread the sign (2L pepsi was $0.99 and the 2L pepsi max was like $1.50). Anyway when i scanned it, it came up at the price of 1.50 as she had the pepsi max's and not the pepsi's. She went crazy and said that it was my fault and that was misleading pricing, and that she wanted the pepsi max's for the discounted price. Anyway, my supervisor overheard this and had a go at her, and told her that she needed to open her eyes.

Rule for these types of customer: if your wrong about the pricing, dont have a go at us, its your mistake, not ours.

kym999

HSC
greekgun said:
This happend today at work and it pisses me off how some customers do this.

What happend was, this lady bought a whole bunch of pepsi max's. This customer had misread the sign (2L pepsi was $0.99 and the 2L pepsi max was like $1.50). Anyway when i scanned it, it came up at the price of 1.50 as she had the pepsi max's and not the pepsi's. She went crazy and said that it was my fault and that was misleading pricing, and that she wanted the pepsi max's for the discounted price. Anyway, my supervisor overheard this and had a go at her, and told her that she needed to open her eyes.

Rule for these types of customer: if your wrong about the pricing, dont have a go at us, its your mistake, not ours.
Ive worked in supermarkets for 5 years and have NEVER seen pepsi and pepsi max sold at different prices. There is always a price depending on the size. the same for coke.

I think the customer was right there!

greekgun

HSC
kym999 said:
Ive worked in supermarkets for 5 years and have NEVER seen pepsi and pepsi max sold at different prices. There is always a price depending on the size. the same for coke.

The pepsi's and the pepsi max's were in my view and i could see my pricing. Unless someone has stuffed up the price tags.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
your manager told the lady to open her eyes? if that lady was asian, she could have sued him for all he's worth. your manager needs to watch his mouth.

anyway, it is only 51c difference, the smart thing to do would have been to give it to her for the lower price and avoid the arguement. when i studied commerce, the rule is that if there is ANY confusion between the prices, the customer has the right to get the product for the lowest price. not that i am saying there is a muck-up here.

Pace_T

HSC
i have a bit of a contrasting story here about the prices.
well there was a price tag above a certain product at my old work. but the price was for the thing next to it. anyway the customer complained that it was misleading and talked to me about it (very nice person by the way) and i, being a reasonable person :p, thought it was misleading as well. anyway i asked my dickhead supervisor and he said it was in no way misleading. then i had a go at him in front of the customer that it WAS misleading and he should discount the price to the lower one. he had to give in.
maybe thats why he stopped giving me shifts lol.........

Alex2

HSC
What annoys me (maccas)... for eg a middle aged lady the other day with kids:

maccas bitch - "that'll be $15.20"
customer - "Here's $20 *hands $20 note*
m/b - "Here's your $4.80 change"
customer - "Nah, its $5.20 change i worked it out"
m/b - "no you gave $20 and it costs $15.20 that makes 4.80 change"
customer - Nah, $20 minus 15.20 makes 5.20 blah blah blah

she was convinced she was correct...

also walking around the dining room and a customer is like "turn the air-con up its too cold in here I'm gonna die of cold poisoning" ... 30 seconds later another customer independant to the first is like "Its so hot in here can you make the air conditioning colder" ... they were like getting take away they were going to leave in any second anyway... whingers.

and you're in the kitchen (NOT serving) and customers are yelling at you from the counter (yelling so you can hear them from the distance) to hurry up and get their order... yeah right i'm not even serving you wanker!!

Alex

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
wuddie said:
your manager told the lady to open her eyes? if that lady was asian, she could have sued him for all he's worth. your manager needs to watch his mouth.

anyway, it is only 51c difference, the smart thing to do would have been to give it to her for the lower price and avoid the arguement. when i studied commerce, the rule is that if there is ANY confusion between the prices, the customer has the right to get the product for the lowest price. not that i am saying there is a muck-up here.
Uh, wuddie, you were the one who apparently told a customer to get out of your store for a similarly petty offence.

wuddie said:
i'll take a brave lead. i had a woman complaining about the queue, whilst standing in the queue. when she eventually got to the bar, she abused one of my colleagues and asked for the supervisor. i oveheard the conversation and stepped in, even though i wasn't the supervisor that night. i literally told the woman to fk off and don't she ever come back or the securities will throw her out. problem solved. it wasn't all that pretty but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
???

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Today

*me tries to pick up a box with a steel kids climby thingy in it*
(unassembled so the box was really small)
*me nearly drops it trying to pick it up because it's like 70kg*

then this stupid whore i hadn't said anything to was like
"RARRRR YOU NEED A TROLLEY FOR THAT IT'S AN OH&S ISSUE"
"ok"
"IF WORK COVER WAS HERE THEY'D... (UNINTELLIGIBLE)"
"oh well"
*me carries on*

should've said "more like a people are too farken soft issue" :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Pace_T said:
i have a bit of a contrasting story here about the prices.
well there was a price tag above a certain product at my old work. but the price was for the thing next to it. anyway the customer complained that it was misleading and talked to me about it (very nice person by the way) and i, being a reasonable person :p, thought it was misleading as well. anyway i asked my dickhead supervisor and he said it was in no way misleading. then i had a go at him in front of the customer that it WAS misleading and he should discount the price to the lower one. he had to give in.
maybe thats why he stopped giving me shifts lol.........
yeah it can be misleading when the price tags aren't in their correct spots, i agree. sometimes i really think people are braindead though when you see them making a fuss about a misplaced price tag. all you have to do is read the product description on the tag if you're confused, it's not that hard. and use common sense, i mean, that luxury chocolate box clearly does not cost $1, just like the cheap lolly bag next to it is not worth $14. (to use a hypothetical example). work it out.

HSC
kym999 said:

Pepsi Light is often sold cheaper price than Pepsi Max or Pepsi because it tastes freakin horrible and is thus hard to sell.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Lizakith said:
Uh, wuddie, you were the one who apparently told a customer to get out of your store for a similarly petty offence.

???
you can tell people to get out, no conversations, just a demand to get out because you don't want their business and that's fine. it is your store (or you're the one in charge) and you can refuse people entry to your place, be the reason fair or unjust. but if you're going to make a comment about the customer and still expect him to shop at your place, let alone the comment being offensive, then well, you live in a separate world.

had that manager who i was referring to refused to sell that bottle of pepsi max or whatever, and didn't make a comment, then it'd be fair enough in my books.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
wuddie said:
you can tell people to get out, no conversations, just a demand to get out because you don't want their business and that's fine. it is your store (or you're the one in charge) and you can refuse people entry to your place, be the reason fair or unjust. but if you're going to make a comment about the customer and still expect him to shop at your place, let alone the comment being offensive, then well, you live in a separate world.

had that manager who i was referring to refused to sell that bottle of pepsi max or whatever, and didn't make a comment, then it'd be fair enough in my books.
With everything you know, you must definately be the next Charlie Bell.

HSC
a couple of my pet hates at the moment (probably tl;dr, i'm just bored)

a) people with complicated coffee orders. we're not fucking starbucks, i'm not a barista. it's a bar. i mean if you like your coffee a certain way, sure, but these people that spout off the longest drink order ever with an air of "look at me, i'm so fucking upmarket, i know how to order coffee!" need to be kicked in the head.

"can i get a double shot decaf 75-degree skim soy caramel laaaaaaaatte take-away with two sweeteners?" with emphasis on the word latte like they're so fucking sophisticated. you can have a double shot get-fucked-you-pretentious-cunt. and don't roll your eyes at me like i'm so uncultured because we don't make your precious fucking chai lattes, i'm so sorry a bar doesn't happen to make leaf flavoured wanker bullshit.

b) dickheads that do not understand the concept of waiting their turn. like i'll have a whole queue of drinks to make, and they come up to the bar. so i'll be like "hey sorry i'll just be a second" and they start glaring at me, so i'll come over and take their order, and then it's like

"if you don't mind, i just have some other orders to make up first, if you take a seat anywhere you like i'll bring your drink over to you when it's ready"
"well can you bring it to my room then?"
"um .. no, but it'll just be a couple of minutes and you're welcome to take it back to your room"
"well i don't want to wait, why can't you just make it now?"

because other people have been waiting for longer than you, you inconsiderate fuck. and half the time 30 seconds later they start rolling their eyes and tapping their watch, and it shits me, so i'll stop what i'm doing and make their drink just so they'll fuck off. and then they just glare at me again, like how dare i make drinks for people who have ordered ten minutes ago as opposed to you? i hate impatient people. you're really not more important than anyone else.

Last edited:

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
I hate it when you get those customers, and you are halfway through doing work that takes concentration, and they feel the need to talk about shit that nobody gives a crap about for an odd half hour.
Or sing? WTF? Why do old men feel the need to flirt with everybody possible?
And, why do people always talk about their ancestors being on the first fleet?
I don't give a shit.

And when I serve you, don't be a racist tard, and bitch about "australia being taken over by (insert any non caucasian nationality here)".
What the hell do you think your bloody first fleet ancestors did when they came here?

And finally... My name is not extremely hard to pronounce.
How Erin is pronounced "Epping" is unbeknownst to me.

I've had practically no rude customers for a while, which is odd, being so close to Christmas... Probably b/c I've learnt how to deal with customers properly =P

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
katietheskatie said:
"can i get a double shot decaf 75-degree skim soy caramel laaaaaaaatte take-away with two sweeteners?"
LOL, that reminds me of that "I've Been Everywhere, Man" song :p

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I really wish customers didnt act like they know the stock in the store better than I do. Today I had this really rude woman demand to know where a certain toy was that she insisted was in the catalogue. When I told her that there was only a general toy sale (25% off certain brands, etc) and no specific items were advertised she got really shitty and rolled her eyes at me like I didnt know what I was talking about. So I went and got her the catalogue for this week and after saying, "I dont know what took you so long" she flicks through it and then declares "this isn't the catalogue". Riiiiiiight.

Also, if I tell customers that we've sold out of something, or that we dont stock it, just believe me! We are a store, we are trying to sell items. Why on earth would I lie to you and tell you its not there if we really did have it?? That frustrates me so much. Several times I've told customers that we didnt stock a certain toy and then they go and find someone else from another department to ask them about said toy. What's really funny about that is that the person they've asked usually brings them back to me and go, "can you help this customer?". and I'm just like, "duuude, I already told you we dont have it".

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Well I had a great customer on the weekend, i work in a furniture and bedding store so we are trained, and I am the most expereinced one in the store at present (and it is my last day tomorrow *can't wait*) The customer in question had a go at one of the other staff about a mattress that was not the price she thought it was, the bed frame's price (one A4 sign with queen bed as the description). I explained to her that no it is not that price because that is the bed frame's price and is labelled as such. She whinged about it being on the mattress so it must be the mattress price and she should get the two grand mattress for the frame price of $699. I told her no, and explained thawt we label our products so that if the signs get moved to a different product it still doesn't count as that prcie, she proceeded to tell me DJs do it that any price on an item is what it is. In the end I told that I would sell her the product described on the sign for the ticketed price and her bed frame would be in in 6-8 weeks. She stormed off screaming about bad customer service in our store.

Next one, I found this plain hilarious while also being very offensive. In a customer complaint letter I found in my office, addressed to my old boss from a customer who had a problem with their lounge. It said; "we have been let down by *insert my work's name here * and it's servants."

Double take, wtf, yexs we may work i retail but we are all employed we are not servants, we pay our taxes we are not a lower grade of people that you adn if you think we are then you should go back to 18th century england. I am considering call/posting something to this customer before I leave and having a go a at them because I don't care what happened to your lounge, that is very offensive to our staff.
/rant (next rant will be in regards to customers at a sydney store!!!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)