Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I just need to vent about people who can't speak English. By that I mean not able to say "I want this one", "I need Panadol" and "how much?" etc, etc.

Not being able to speak English is fine unless:

1. You've been living in Australia for over 5 years. There was a Chinese lady who came in the other day and couldn't speak a single word of English. I spoke to her in Mandarin and she said that she has been here for 11 years. I was like um, you know, I've only been here for 9.

2. You can't accept that it's an inconvenience for others who are already busy but have to stop what they're doing to find you an interpreter. I can't stand people who get shitty with me because I don't understand their language.

LynH1326

HSC
Target Fitting Rooms/Registers/Door:

1) Don't complain to me that the person at lay-by was slow getting out your hold item... do you know how hard it is to find something in there?

1)a) Don't turn around and complain that if that was you at your job that you'd be fired for that kind of slowness....

2) Don't just dump the items you don't want on me... as you can see I'm trying to hang something which is what I'm employed to do.

3) No, we cannot hold markdown items for you.

4) No you cannot take in more than 5 items at one time, and no i will not bend the rules.

5) Don't complain to me that an item you bought isn't working, go and see the people at the Customer Service Desk.

6) No, we do not take Myer, Big W, or any other giftcards than COLESMYER and TARGET... and YES there is a difference between MYER and COLESMYER.

7) Don't moan about wanting to go and have a sleep... I may want one too, and you're not helping me cope with my lack of sleep!

8) I can't do a million things at once, so don't bother trying to tell me something while i'm with another customer. There is this thing called "first come, first serve" and you will get your turn.

9) Don't complain to me that we don't have an item. We did tell you that we don't have any stock left up the back.

10) No i can't go find things for you because I'm supposed to stay here! I can call someone else if you want to wait.

11) I'm sorry but we do have to check all bags that are over an A4 size piece of paper or the electonic gates go off when you walk thru them and no it isn't against the law for us to request it. It'll help if you cooperate!

kkkkaitlyn

HSC
glorias

dont ask for just a 'coffee' theres about 50 different kinds on the board im sure u can take the time to read it so i dont hav to ask u

dont come in drunk and expect me to get your order right

i dont care if someone 'accidently' punched your free drink on your card. get over it

dont use weird coffee terminology

if i called out your name and you didnt get your drinks that isnt my fault.. and dont complain about how they are cold..

i will burn your bannana bread if u are picky about which slice you want

Pilotdude

HSC
LynH1326 said:
Target Fitting Rooms/Registers/Door:

6) No, we do not take Myer, Big W, or any other giftcards than COLESMYER and TARGET... and YES there is a difference between MYER and COLESMYER.

11) I'm sorry but we do have to check all bags that are over an A4 size piece of paper or the electonic gates go off when you walk thru them and no it isn't against the law for us to request it. It'll help if you cooperate!
I hate it when dumbasses as for flybuys at woolies then pack a sad when they cant use it.

A ladie done shopping and it came to like $300 and she kicked up a storm because we wouldnt accept a coles voucher because we are woolworths and she said we are the same company and we said no we are not and she gave us the customer is always right bullshit lol

Yep i had a guy tell another supervisor he was going to sue the company because we had no right to search his suitcase and low and behold he had put $100 worth of steak into it, and saw his name in the paper the other day he got fined $500 and has a criminal record for theft. What a looser.

We have another name for our 'best' customers: Cuntstomers lol.

I hate people who ask to see a manager when its about a refund lol, when i ask them what its about they say they want to see a manager and then i get in trouble for brining a manager out of a phne confrence with the upper managers because some stupid cow wanted a refund:burn:

Some people make me sooooo angry..............

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
if you can take a case of beer from the counter to the car, then u are capable of getting it from the coolroom as well u lazy fuck, it's self service.

no, you cant sue us because our seedless watermelon had a few of the white, edible seeds

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
*READ the signs!!!! Dont make up your own discounts...it wont work!!!!!!!!! DOnt get angry at me when i ask where you saw the signs then look at you when the brands are totally different.

*If you cant be bothered to wait in the lines in the other departments on other floors then expect me to know the discounts (which sometimes have to be manually marked down) you are wrong. Our store is closing down , people think shopping is going out of style and we are flat out so noone will answer the phone. and i wont just take your word for it either.

*If you ask for a price check i will do it. dont just walk off without taking what you had to at least the general vicinity of where you got it . you have to walk through it anyway. Our dept looks like a bomb has hit it so where it is put i dont reallly care but when i cant move from the amount of stock that is on the back counter and on the floor it starts to be a hazard.

end rant (for the moment)

Skeeta

HSC
kkkkaitlyn said:
dont ask for just a 'coffee' theres about 50 different kinds on the board im sure u can take the time to read it so i dont hav to ask u
Or people that ask for the "usual" when they've only come into your store once before in their entire life and it happened to be when YOU werent working.

Or people that say "oh do you remember what i got last time? It was really good"
Um. well. NO! Even if i did remember what you ordered the last time I was working, you have probably come intot he store SINCE I LAST WORKED. So i'll still make you the wrong thing. I'll try and figure it out for you - at least give me a HINT to what it could have been (hot/cold, chocolate/coffee/fruit). This lady couldn't even remember whether it was a hot or cold drink :/

Pilotdude

HSC
Lol yesterday i had this guy come through express and i served him, and hes like after he paid pointing to 2 bottles of coltees cordial, and i said is there a problem and hes like "discount discount" he had an accent from somewhere.

So i went to check and nope they were $4.23 each and then he gave me a big lecture on how i was making it all up and that i was messing him about and he wasnt going to shop here any more and was going to speak to my manager about my behaviour and im like WTF. The best bit was my store manager was at the service desk so i said to him can you help this customer for me.

HAHAHAHA the guys face was a classic look. He winged to the SM about the pricing as well. The deal he thought was another brand on the bottom shelf, remering these bottles are on the top shelf. LOL what a fuck head.

*Minka*

HSC
Nakashima said:
I just need to vent about people who can't speak English. By that I mean not able to say "I want this one", "I need Panadol" and "how much?" etc, etc.

Not being able to speak English is fine unless:

1. You've been living in Australia for over 5 years. There was a Chinese lady who came in the other day and couldn't speak a single word of English. I spoke to her in Mandarin and she said that she has been here for 11 years. I was like um, you know, I've only been here for 9.

2. You can't accept that it's an inconvenience for others who are already busy but have to stop what they're doing to find you an interpreter. I can't stand people who get shitty with me because I don't understand their language.
As a fellow non-native English Speaker, I agree whole heatedly. I will communicate with a customer in Croatian/Serbian if this is easier for them and don't really mind, (if anything, it is easier and more natural for me) but make an effort to learn English if you have been here several years. I learnt. My family learnt.

Last edited:

"Chubby"

HSC
prolly already been mentioned but

Big w store greeter: when i ask to check ur bag, do not get the shits with me. It is a rule. I do not make the rules. I am only here to do my job.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
On a saturday:

There are TWO of us working. You can see that. You can also see the line of customers waiting. Don't get shitty with me because your drink took a while to be made. What do you want us to do? Make another staff member materialise out of thin air? Make your drink first because you're just sooooo special? Not going to happen.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
don't order a 'large cappacuino' if you are ordering in, its a 'cappucino in a mug'. if you ask for a large, we think you are asking for a takeaway. don't get shitty if we assume you want a large takeaway, cos you asked for a large coffee!
the difference between a 'short' and a 'long' is size. 'long' is bigger. come on, its not brain surgery
if its 5 minutes before our closing time..fuck off and die. don't order coffee and cake for 15 people. go to gloria jeans.
if its half an hour after we are closed, dont come by and beg us to make you coffee cos you are just dying and you havent had a coffee SINCE THIS MORNING AND GOD HELP YOU! no! we are closed and we want to go home and the coffee amchine is turned off anyway.
stop asking for directions, the information desk is so close its not funny.
its a real pain in the arse when you order coffee over the phone and demand that we deliver it. if we deliver, its cos we are nice, not because we have to. sometimes we don't have the staff to spare someone running across the centre to your shop that is 10 mintues away from ours. if you are rude,w e have even less incentive for doing so.
no more lame jokes, PLEASE. yes, we sell tarts, HAHAHA. yes, the sun is in a bad spot, don't i wish i could have sunglasses at work! HAHAH! HA fucking ha!
dont whinge if theres a wait on kitchen food, i cant do anything about that. i don't care if you take your business elsewhere, i dont get paid any less. in fact please do, less for me to do. gloria jeans is around the corner to your right.
just cos you work at myer doesent mean the sun shines out of your arse and you can push ahead of everone elses order! especially if its a free coffee that you are claiming!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
don't order a 'large cappacuino' if you are ordering in, its a 'cappucino in a mug'. if you ask for a large, we think you are asking for a takeaway. don't get shitty if we assume you want a large takeaway, cos you asked for a large coffee!
OOH I hate it when customers invent sizes.

There is no such thing as a regular, so don't bitch to me at pour up when "I just wanted a regular". The sizes are CLEARLY displayed. You're just a moron. Plus, the original size used to be called a regular, so I have no idea if you're a regular who's stuck 6 months ago, or a new person who can't read.

Also, don't point to the size you want. It has a name written underneath it, say it.

This yank came in the other day and the first thing he said to me was "You're whiter than me, and you LIVE here!"...? Um OK?

*Minka*

HSC
When it is busy, there does tend to be a queue. Shut up and wait patiently or go away and come back later if waiting for about 5 minutes is so beneath you. Don't expect me to shoo the line away because your Royal Highnessy Self is waiting. Don't huff and whinge to me because there happened to be a small queue and do not get angry at me about the fact there are only two register operators - I don't do the rostering. Believe me, if I could get more people down here to get all of your whiney asses out of my face quicker, I would do it as fast as I could snap my fingers.

Shut up and accept that if you choose to rush in here on your lunch break, a lot of other people are going to do the same because, gasp, it is LUNCH time.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
This one time when I worked a IGA as a checkout chick (those were the days...) this old guy totally abused me cos I wouldn't accept his paper money (the old currency from like 15 years ago..), started telling me how I was holding him up and all this crap. Like, last time accepted paper money I got abused by my supervisor, did he really think I wanted to go through that AGAIN???

note: yes, I am aware that it's still legal currency and it can be changed at a bank, but I so wasn't going through the abuse I got from my supervisor, again...

HSC
Pilotdude said:
Yep i had a guy tell another supervisor he was going to sue the company because we had no right to search his suitcase and low and behold he had put $100 worth of steak into it, and saw his name in the paper the other day he got fined $500 and has a criminal record for theft. What a looser.
Must be a statewide epidemic. We had people stealing expensive meat cuts as well. Whats with that?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
scarybunny said:
OOH I hate it when customers invent sizes.

There is no such thing as a regular, so don't bitch to me at pour up when "I just wanted a regular". The sizes are CLEARLY displayed. You're just a moron. Plus, the original size used to be called a regular, so I have no idea if you're a regular who's stuck 6 months ago, or a new person who can't read.

Also, don't point to the size you want. It has a name written underneath it, say it.

This yank came in the other day and the first thing he said to me was "You're whiter than me, and you LIVE here!"...? Um OK?

Ohh yes. I always try not to snigger when someone asks for a takeaway coffee and ia sk them if theyd like small or large and they look at me snottily and say "regular". I just told you the 2 sizes, fuckstick, and regular wasnt one of them!
if im in a bad, hungover mood i shove the size display right in their face and point out the 2 sizes in the same snotty tone of voice.
if you think im pedantic, YOU try doing my job and having exactly the same conversation 657392744 times on repeat!

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
If by any chance, it is the 17th of March, there is a woman witha four leaf clover drawn on her face standing two metres away and two chicks in guiness shirts in between, don't ask "are you wearing green for St Patricks Day?" (I was wearing a fluro green promo shirt with a green tie) Please... I got asked that about 10 different ways today and it was driving me insane, you just wanna pick some people up and shake them whilesaying "No I am wearing it because it's my favourite thing to wear an obnoxiously loud green shirt with a green tie) Although feel free to compliment on my green tie, yes have great taste.... do not ask for one... speaking to you middle aged sleasy lady!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)