Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Pilotdude

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Wow I wanna be a supervisor in some little place where there's no competition. :)

Where are you, btw? (And yeah we can save transactions across full service and express, although you'd need to physically get the ciggies over to the register anyway so I don't know what you mean.)
In North West WA we have about 14, 000 people in the town. Bad thing is we do the highest sales in the state and its a killer when the closest store to our sales (Karinyup) has triple the amount of staff we have and triple the amount of resgisters!

By the saving cigarettes etc in WA and QLD our smokes have to have STUPID STUPID covers over them and we arent allowed to save transactions and recall them at the smoke shop to finish the sale there so the customer only uses the card once, if ya get what i mean? :)

Well at the moment im Service Manager but its pissing me off so i want to go to being 2IC then moving to Perth next year for uni. But its good cause the managers have finally worked out that if we have no staff we cant serve customers! only took them years....

This place is great for a rant! fark i hate Thursdays and Saturdays when we have massive ass q's down the aisles with every register open!

:wave:

HSC
townie said:
NO, WE DONT HAVE FUCKING SOFTDRINK, FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! YOU SHOPPED IN THE SUPERMARKET NEXT DOOR, WHY DIDNT YOU GET SOFTDRINK THEN! THE LIQUOR DEPARTMENT DOESNT HAVE SOFT DRINK, YOU'VE SHOPPED HERE FOR HOW LONG NOW!!! geez
most liquor stores do have soft drinks in their fridges though, i don't blame them

alby

cool duckie
HSC
if you order something,
- remember to take your docket & change..dont just walk off you idiot, otherwise how can you get your order?
- hang around in the store so that you can collect your food when its ready. if you're 'hiding' in the hallway next to the store, i can't see you and you wont always hear me call out your number

if you do both of the above, you're just a dumb cunt and i shall take your meal home and eat it myself :p

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
katietheskatie said:
most liquor stores do have soft drinks in their fridges though, i don't blame them
yeah, and fair enought for non-regulars, but we get regulars asking! like, people who come in once a week!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
At my work WE need to have the docket so we know what we're making and who it's for. It's only a $5 purchase so most people don't need a receipt.

Therefore, do not take the docket off the printer if you haven't asked for a receipt. If you take it, we have no idea your drink even exists. So we won't make it. So you'll be waiting until all the other customers have left before we realise something is wrong.

CieL

HSC
Pilotdude said:
I hate when people are on their phones and they show their card and get to their pin and press ok then say i wanted $50 out! well you could have got off your phone and told me.
Don't you have a prompt in which you have to ask "cash out?" [then press OK on your screen] before they can enter their pin?

Exphate said:
We run a BenQ service centre and an eBay store as well as our store store.
Oh excellent!
I'll be sure to bug you first if anything happens to my BenQ lappy.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
CieL said:
Don't you have a prompt in which you have to ask "cash out?" [then press OK on your screen] before they can enter their pin?
No

They have to tell me how much cash they want (ie. answer the question "any cash out?" or "just that amount?" depending on which one I feel like using at the time) before they even swipe their card...

and I blame Coles Myer and its related subsidiaries for no one knowing that! :D

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
we're not a second hand clothing store. i dont care if you only "tried" the shoes on "once", the dirt on the soles say different. so does the BO stench coming from that top you're trying to return.

Pilotdude

HSC
LEARN HOW TO FUCKING SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!

I dont know what you want when you point especially since most cigarettes are under cover. You come to this country to live at least speak the fucking language you dumbass gook. :mad1:

Rant over!

CieL

HSC
Pilotdude said:
LEARN HOW TO FUCKING SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!

I dont know what you want when you point especially since most cigarettes are under cover. You come to this country to live at least speak the fucking language you dumbass gook. :mad1:

Rant over!
Nergh.. I'm used to stuff like that from dealing with fobs and mutes

Since the cigs are right behind me and I know that they want cigarettes which they can see, I just point approximately to where they seem to be pointing, then they'd start to gesture left/right/up/down.. and we usually find the right one soon..

It's the ones that ask you for a product which you have to locate that's the problem..
"Weh-ah @#$#%"
"Sorry?"
"Weh-ah @#$@#"
"Sorry I don't understand you.."

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
This is a bit of a rule for salesreps also...
The boss isn't in his office, I don't know where he is, I am on the phone to you in my office, he could be on the floor or in admin or on the loading dock, he could have gone to the bathroom, for lunch or out into the 3 storey shopping centre... don't bitch when I don't know where he is.
Also, when you are hosting a training night/drinks, don't get all shitty and bitchy at the boss for being late, he has a right to be seen you expect him to be there like 5 minutes after he locks the shop up. Also don't give retail employees an open bar and expect to be able to do training half an hour later...
It sucks being a 2IC when the boss goes AWOL, everyone expects me to know exactly where he is. /bitching

Customer...
If you did not buy something, do not come in like 3 days after it was delivered and say it was part of the deal you did, even though it is physically impossible to have this done with the other parts of the deal you arranged, when the boss offers to do you a huge favour, don't blow it off you bastard. Durkah.

(Durkah means fuck, shit, bastard, bitch hoe, etc in our store)

Pilotdude

HSC
For the dumbass bitch that i had to deal with at our IT helpdesk!

If i tell you there is a friggin problem there is. No i dont understand chinese and dont plan on understanding it.

Then she passes me on to this guy, well i think it was a guy who sounded like he was one of those chicks/guys on a sex hotline lol he seriously whispered and put enthusiam into certain words, was actually scaring me. Managed to fix the problem myself.

Dont know where they employ the people or train some of them but bloody hell, if i can give myself IT support privleges and fix the prob maybe they should have someone @ store level who can fix those kind of problems.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
ATTENTION OLD LADY:

Your coupon says $3 smoothie. Yeah, that means you have to PAY $3. OMAGOD!!
None of the coupons you have entitle you to a free smoothie. They are DISCOUNTS, so it is cheaper, but it is NOT FREE. You can read the menu, frikken read the card.

When I asked her for $3 she was like "What... do I have to pay for it?"

We don't make much money giving stuff away, lady.

I also hate people who yell at the first person they see. If they have a problem at register, they yell at the person at pour-up. If they have a problem with the maker, they yell at the person at pour-up, who had nothing to do with it or any control over it.
Or when I was a receptionist, when the company I worked for did something wrong they yelled at me. I had nothing to do with it, I barely understood what the company even did. Luckily my boss (dad) told me to just transfer any rude people to him, and he'd fillet them alive.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
attention everyone,
for every post you make, please make one at the 'rules for staff' thread. your rights should only come as a result of your responsibilities.

HSC
Newsagency

1. Look for your newspaper before you ring up and complain about it not being there.
And I didn't throw the paper. Don't bitch at me about the service, I've never even met half the delivery guys.
And I don't care about your sore arm/leg/wrist or roken fingernail that makes coming to pick up a paper difficult.
2. When you want to $2 scratchie, do not ask for a $2 lottery ticket
3. Give me your player's card before I print the lottery ticket and don't change your mind after I've printed it
4. We sell thousands of magazines, I don't know if we have your one.
5. No, we do not sell x foreign newspaper every day because we are not in x foreign country. Order it before the day you want to read it.
6. The newspaper halfway through the pile has the same thing in it as the top one. Take the top one and keep the rest neat.
7. And stop fucking telling me to print the winning ticket, we're a bit bored with the joke now.

Sweet relief.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
If I'm trying my darndest to help fix a problem, I have a right not to be abused.

(I did post in rules for staff, though, because I had to remake soooo many drinks this morning because register person was lazy/deaf)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)