Rules for Staff (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Triangulum said:
Ditto to that. At cafes when I'm at the counter paying, I'm occasionally pointed to the tip jar and told "That's for tips". That's incredibly crass, don't do it.
That's terrible. I'd never tip someone who did that. This is Australia, where tipping is optional. If you're nice and friendly and accurate you might get some change, otherwise you get NOTHING. I don't earn much, I'm not about to start supplementing your wage.

We're not allowed to have tip jars, which is a pity because we get assessed on our customer service so at work I am the smiliest, friendliest girl you have ever met. I used to get $3 tips on $6 drinks.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
-If I am carrying three hot plates and you have nothing in your hand please get out of the fucking way.
-If I say "behind" don't step back. I'm saying this so you DONT step back
-Don't leave a job half finished. ie If you empty a bin, re fill the bag.
-Get over yourself. You are not the best so if someone says something is being done wrong, dont get all bitchy and complain like a fucking moron.
-The bar is less then 1msquared is size. It fits the barman and one other person while working. So please don't come in to grab a drunk, then stand there like a fuckng dip shit. I need you to get out of my way so I can clean some glasses and did you notice it is actually pretty busy.
-I know your busy, so is the rest of the restaurant. So please dont take all the clean cutlery and plates to your section because then I have nothing in mine.
-Dont swear in another language around me.I dont fucking understand you but I know you are swearing (Im learning so many swear words in about 6 different languages)

-I'm sorry I got the wrong dish. Don't go fucking balistic at me for doing so because I don't like doin it either.
-Please don't put the wrong pasta in the dishes. If you do it once r twice, ok but 20 times in one night is fucking stupid. I don't like appolagising for your mistakes. Taking crap fro customers because you are a fucking moron and dont know the difference between Fettucini and Spaghetti.
-Dont ring the bell for me to take thefood when you havn't put down the docket. Great food, but I can;t take it away until you tel me where to go

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
read the MOTHERFUCKING tag
It's so simple, but if you don't do it I have to remake the whole drink or spend 5 minutes scooping ice out of it.
If it says no ice, don't put any ice in it. The customers watch you like a hawk and they'll only speak up AFTER you've put ice in it and I'm about to blend it. Meaning someone has to scoop it all out.
And if you've put ice in it and I give you the jug to scoop the ice out, don't take all day. That particular customer wanted a refund because you spent ages taking the ice out.

Another few things-
Read the recipes, get them right. I don't want to have to remake a drink because it's clearly wrong. People don't get shitty at you, they get shitty at me because I'm the one giving them their drinks. It's unpleasant.
If there's someone who's register is always under and I have told you that they are NOT to be on register anymore, it means that you might have to serve customers sometimes. SHOCK HORROR. You don't get to just veto register because you don't want to do it. I'm pouring up drinks, everyone else is busy making, that means when I call for service it's YOUR job to do it. Don't ignore me.
Clean as you go. You'll notice that no matter how busy it is, if I'm on pour up the bench is always pretty clean. Customers don't like the bottom of their drink to be covered in yogurt, and all it takes is a wipe every now and again. I hate to come to work to find all the benches caked in yogurt or juice or pulp.

I'm sick of fixing people's stupid mistakes.

CieL

HSC
Dear Ms Second in Charge,

Please do not go for a cigarette break every 5mins. You say to me, "If it gets busy, call me via the PA".. It got busy and I was the only one on so I call you via the PA.. nothing happens.. I call again.. You still don't show up.. GUESS WHAT!? You were outside having a fucking smoke so you can't hear me! This has happened more than once.

Also, when you tell me you are having a 15min break, or 1hr break.. please be back within 15mins or 1hr.. I really don't appreciate it when I start work at 5:30am to do a 9hr shift.. you rock up for your shift at 9:30am.. then you take FOREVER to take your break meaning I have to squash 1.5hrs worth of rest into 3hrs.. which totally defies the purpose of working as I take a break every few minutes thereafter..

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Sick and tired of waiters/waitresses crowding around chatting at the bar when people are at the door waiting to be taken to their tables.

Also seriously giving out free drinks to your friends consistently will guarantee you never work in any of my places again. Consider yourself lucky I didn't take it off your salary.

Rude service when it's busy is totally unacceptable. Things like throwing the dish at the customer. Moaning in the kitchen, wasting not only your time but also the chef's time. And seriously, learn some manners. Even a smile will do. Assholes. No wonder they're stuck doing what they do.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'll throw in one for coffee making people.

please don't use your mobile phone to text people or whatever the hell you were doing, while you're making coffee. i have a feeling it's dangerous, not to mention you took forever to make it one handedly while texting, and you clearly weren't paying attention to the milk-heater-thing (sorry i'm not familiar with all the equipment) because you made it WAY too hot. like okay i know its coffee, coffee is hot, but this was on a scale of, oh, i don't know, THE SUN? MOLTEN LAVA?
i didn't say anything because you were busy and there was a long line. but just throwing it out there, people dont like waiting for ages and then getting second degree burns in their mouths to show for it.

/rant

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
wuddie said:
scarybunny - boost juice, i am guessing?
Yup. I've been there for ages so I get frustrated when people don't do things right.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
^ no offence, but i have a problem with the boost juice people, they always seem to be doing things very slowly. never mind the massive queue, they just take their sweet time tuning the radio and whatnot. there's just no sense of urgency in the way they do things. obviously, that's just an over generalised observation, but i'd say that's true with 70% of boost juicers.

one for the management group - for the love of god, roster more people on if you see your staff is swamped by customers, for the duration of the night. 10 staff is looking after more than 200, hardly a fair deal. please, just roster enough staff on so we don't get analed, night after night. ie. don't be a tightass about it, listen to your staff, because they are in the frontline of the war zone.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha well you've clearly never been to my store.

We're the busiest store in NSW on weekdays, so we learn to be fast. Of course when new people start they're slow, but since our people mostly work there full time they're very good. Generally we want to get customers in and out as fast as possible, because when there's a queue people don't bother coming in and we make less money.

I do agree with you, though. Most other boosts I go to I'm pretty critical of. They have 6 people standing in their tiny box and none of them seem to be doing anything. Instead of talking you could serve, or help make drinks or clean or restock. There's always something to do. And if there's nothing to do, you're overstaffed.

waysted

HSC
The phone in the fitting room is not for your own personal use. Calling a friend and speaking for half an hour (in another language i might add) is EXTREMELY rude to the customers. Also, if you don't pay attention, people steal things.

If I can do the job of 2 people in the same amount of time as you are given for one, why does your area still have shit on the floor? Make an effort at least. I might even help you if you at least look like you're trying.

TRY and find the proper place for clothes when putting them away. I know things get changed around all the time, but if you continually dump everything in the wrong spot it makes the whole section look shit, and makes the rest of us look shit as well.

Managers: if you roster someone on at short notice, when they're not coming in before that time, make sure you ring them and tell them! How are they supposed to know that you've changed your mind?

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Managers and senior staff - Don't come around and bum a cigarette off one of my co-workers and then the both of you bugger off for a smoke break for 10 minutes.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
if you're rostered on till a certain time, you are obligated to stay till that time. please don't tell me you've got to catch the last train to central at 10pm, i know my timetables, and trains run to the city every 5min. so do the cleaning up like you've rostered on to do so.

oh, here's a funny story. how many managers will tell you off, and then come back a minute later to apologise? part b, how many of them do it on a regular basis? i just love my manager, quite a freaken comedian.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
TURN UP!!

I'm in the process of having a really shit day at work today, all because ONE person didn't turn up (and of course her mobile is off).

Basically as a result, I've been working my ass off since 7am without a break til now (usually i'd get a break around 10), we haven't had enough staff to finish prepping fruit, the store is filthy and the friday delivery took an hour to make (luckily those guys are reeeally lovely).

I've had to call all the afternoon people in early so that we can just get on top of things.

Why is it that it's always really busy when someone doesn't show? It could be the coldest, stormiest day in winter but we'll be overflowing with customers if someone doesn't turn up.

HSC
scarybunny said:
TURN UP!!

I'm in the process of having a really shit day at work today, all because ONE person didn't turn up (and of course her mobile is off).
I assume thats about as frustrating as when someone doesn't turn up and theres NO phone number at all for them.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
well here is the thing, if you've made yourself available for a particular time, and your manager has rang you to let you know you're working at that time, one would think you are obligated to turn up. but by some divine miracle, some of us thinks it's a personal preference whether to come to work or not.

when i worked with the telemarketing company, we had a 3 strikes rule. if you don't show up to a rostered shift for 3 times, and don't have a very freaken good excuse, you're fired. simple as that. i think that has to be enforced everywhere.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
wuddie said:
well here is the thing, if you've made yourself available for a particular time, and your manager has rang you to let you know you're working at that time, one would think you are obligated to turn up. but by some divine miracle, some of us thinks it's a personal preference whether to come to work or not.

when i worked with the telemarketing company, we had a 3 strikes rule. if you don't show up to a rostered shift for 3 times, and don't have a very freaken good excuse, you're fired. simple as that. i think that has to be enforced everywhere.
YES!

I want some sort of system where people are actually held accountable. If you don't turn up to your shift, or you fuck up the mystery shop, or a customer complains about you, some sort of discipline needs to happen. Without it, people just aren't motivated to actually do their job properly, which is sad.

Trouble is, it's hard to find employees these days and it's a bother to train them, especially in the busy summer time. So things get ignored and people don't get pulled up when they do something wrong.

That said, today I made the error of giving a woman change that she claimed she didn't receive, when there was no evidence of it. Friday people left me a note saying they told her to come in and get it, so I thought I was supposed to give it to her regardless and tell her to call my boss if she wanted to talk about it. I got the order of events wrong. I was supposed to tell her to call my boss, and then after further investigation maybe give her change.
But they told her to come in and get change, and she was not going to leave without change (or without screaming at me). As a rule, I'm spineless when it comes to customer complaints so she got what she came for. I was brave in the morning, saying I wouldn't let her have the invisible change, but come afternoon I guess I was too tired to fight with her. We can make up the money with tips from deliveries, and I've learned from the experience.

CieL

HSC
My new CSM is a tad thick.

She calls me up this morning:

CSM: Are you able to work tonight?
Me: No, I have a funeral to go to today. [which is true]
CSM: So that means you can work toNIGHT then right?
Me: *thinks: wtf is wrong with you* NO. *hangs up*

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
we've had another problem with people not turning up to work and worse still, not calling in this week. the kitchen had 3 people, coping with a function of 24 and another one of 15 + constant orders. i was really pissed off with the fact that people not turning up.

you turn up to work expect to only do so much, suddenly that is threefold because some people are inconsiderate, should it be fair that those who turned up get triple the pay? that is something management should think about. i suggest everyone raises that issue at their workplace, because you have a very valid point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)