Rules for Staff (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
CieL said:
I sorta agree with that..
But to tackle the root of the problem.. can the HR staff hire more intellectually capable people as front end employees?
Can't would have to pay them too much lol

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Re: Rules for Retail Workers

aMUSEd1977 said:
Lol k. You sure it's not the 910 bus you're catching? :p
i've worked out what it is.

the bus is timetabled to arrive at the train station at 9:30. on school days it comes at 8:30 because it has to detour to the primary school. On school holidays etc, it gets confusing because some bus drivers turn up at 9:10 while others still come at 8:30 and just sit at the end of the road for ages to make up the time. It's stupid, they should have two timetables if they're gonna do that :/

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
For workers at IGA:

when you know that your fucken plastic bags cant hold 1 kg, dont go putting two 2 litre coke bottles in one bag you fucken retard!.(cant wait next time they do that, gonna give them a fucken ear full)

always get home and things are broken cause of their shitty bags.

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
my problem is Subway 'Samdwhich Artists', its called FAST food for a freaking reason, i dont want to wait 30 mins juz for a six inch wen i only get a 10 min break sometimes.

They area rude and arrogant and the one near where i work is DISGUSTING!! im not sure how they pass their inspections and i can honestly say that cos i used to work there. i had been in subway for 2 years in one store than went to a different store, i was abused for teling ppl what needs to be rewashed cos they couldnt manage to do it properly the first time. i was told to shut up in front of customers dispite the fact tht the particular member of staff had only been in subway at most 6 months in comparison to my over 2 years expeience in a better and FASTER store. and then, the same dick nearly hit me and started questioning my authority when i told him to answer the fone!!

Needless to say i quit cos i wasnt putting up with the shit there but now the store hardly gets cleaned, staff wont even serve at times and wen they do you get like nothing on the sub cos they have either run out or are to lazy to do a good job!

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
*BIRDIE* said:
my problem is Subway 'Samdwhich Artists', its called FAST food for a freaking reason, i dont want to wait 30 mins juz for a six inch wen i only get a 10 min break sometimes.

They area rude and arrogant and the one near where i work is DISGUSTING!! im not sure how they pass their inspections and i can honestly say that cos i used to work there. i had been in subway for 2 years in one store than went to a different store, i was abused for teling ppl what needs to be rewashed cos they couldnt manage to do it properly the first time. i was told to shut up in front of customers dispite the fact tht the particular member of staff had only been in subway at most 6 months in comparison to my over 2 years expeience in a better and FASTER store. and then, the same dick nearly hit me and started questioning my authority when i told him to answer the fone!!

Needless to say i quit cos i wasnt putting up with the shit there but now the store hardly gets cleaned, staff wont even serve at times and wen they do you get like nothing on the sub cos they have either run out or are to lazy to do a good job!
go back to that store, order a sub, and put a piece of hair in it. then go return it and throw the sub in their face and tell them you want another fucken fresh sub.

revenge is sweet.

CieL

HSC
wrxsti said:
For workers at IGA:

when you know that your fucken plastic bags cant hold 1 kg, dont go putting two 2 litre coke bottles in one bag you fucken retard!.(cant wait next time they do that, gonna give them a fucken ear full)

always get home and things are broken cause of their shitty bags.
But if that's all you bought it does seem wasteful to put one coke in a bag..

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Anyway, I hate the subway next to my work, most of the people there are great but theres this one bitch I just wanna strangle, can't make a sandwich at all, just falls to pieces, and she's just fucking rude. I know how sometimes you can't be fucked talking to customers but I hate it when staff are rude when you're being polite (not the overly annoying politeness but just general 'yes please' 'not thanks' crap)

CieL

HSC
jodi..1 said:
Anyway, I hate the subway next to my work, most of the people there are great but theres this one bitch I just wanna strangle, can't make a sandwich at all, just falls to pieces, and she's just fucking rude. I know how sometimes you can't be fucked talking to customers but I hate it when staff are rude when you're being polite (not the overly annoying politeness but just general 'yes please' 'not thanks' crap)
Offer the next person in line to be served before you if the bitch approaches you.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
CieL said:
Offer the next person in line to be served before you if the bitch approaches you.
or refuse to be served by her. simple. lol;
the subway next to my work is pretty good. i knw some guys there so yeah. ^^

rules for staff:
-> don't make me keep on calling you for service like 5 times in 10minutes. I'd expect you to get the hang of it after the first 2 times to CHECK IF THERE ARE PEOPLE TO BE SERVERD
-> when your shift has ended and nobody has started yet/finished their lunch break; don't leave me all alone to serve 10 people and just say "Cya"
-> don't sell customers meat that are obviously off.
-> when doing chicken open; PLEASE check if the chicken is off. I don't want to pick up after you and re-do the whole chicken open, ESPECIALLY ON A SATURDAY

well; this is rules for staff...from a staff. ifthat counts. haha

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Bump!

Subway:

* Don't make me stand at the counter while you and your friend finish your pointless conversation about how it's cool people think you are older then 17 and that they think your in uni, must make you feel so grown up. Especially when I approach the counter and stand there ready to order.
* If you can't multi task which it's clear you can't, stop talking for 2minutes and serve people properly. I really don't want to hear about your dreams to go clubbing or how you can't wait to go out or the fake ID you can't wait to get and how you mum will go out clubbing with you and for ever club/service you get refused you owe her a drink LOL.
* On that note why bother asking me if I want it toasted if you don't even do it.

6 inch Pizza Sub, $3.95 one of the good things she did was charge me the right price under the special.

Just ticked me off a little, I'm quite a nice customer "please and thank yous" etc and I'm not really one to complain so when I walked out and noticed she hadn't toasted it I just expected it but I do have to say it is annoying standing there while ready to order and she just kept chatting away/finishing her conversation.

Last edited:

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
If you are the manager for a department and you have even laminated and put on display your job description don't ignore everything on that list and tell me that the franchisee told you it was my job to do all your work.. you are a moron, you don't do your job properly. You should be leading by example not sitting on your ass all day...

Showing reps for our suppliers photos of your six pack is not professional, you are now the laughing stock of said suppliers...

When I tell you that you are not doing your job and try to be helpful don't ignore me and try and talk over me and justify you doing nothing, i will ignore you and do everything my way.. please notice that the franchisee does not ever criticise how i do things and listens to every one of my ideas and implements most of them.

When the boss tells you to do something and then confronts you about it 2 weeks later dont tell him you decided not to do it that way for no apparent reason, he will get me to do it straight away

Don't ever criticise me in front of other staff over something that would not have happened if you had done your job, I will point that out as many times as necessary

Please please please grow enough of a brain to realise i do exactly what i want with the floor that you "manage" and don't ever try to justify your bad ideas, i will listen politely and then ignore them

If I have put a huge amount of time and effort into a signage system that is approved by the boss as it is don't tell me that we will do this differently on certain signs, it is not on, the signs are uniform for good reason

In regards to signs I spend a lot of time on, do not deface the sign over an inconsequencial mistake and not tell me about it... I will notice. Also don't be rude and demand signs to be made immeadiately and refuse to make me a list of what ones you need done. Also having no ink is a reason for not doing signs, not an excuse, do not call me a liar.

Sorry for the vent people but my boss is a fucktard and needs to be sacked, I really do do what ever I want in my area and he really does do nothing and knows nothing about being a manager. (have been there and done that, really didn't want the responsibility now i am in sydney, but looks like i am being dragged back in)

Last edited:
HSC
one of my co-workers told me about something another staff member did the other day, so here's one for a book shop:

when talking to a customer on the phone - if the system says the book is on the shelf, then it is there in theory. don't tell them you'll hold it aside without going to check for it first, no one wants to deal with angry customers (or angry co-workers who have to sift through boxes to find it).

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
re above - so what do you want the guy to do? i am sure it is not his job to make sure the computer is telling him the right info. so nor will it be his fault if the computer has told him the wrong stuff. he was given access to something far superior than a human brain, so he trusted it, what's wrong with that? so everytime you use the computer, say checking where a book is, would you physically walk over there and check whether the book is actually there (its presence and its location) before you come back and tell the customer? surely, you wouldn't.

here's a more valid one. if you are a crowd security during an event, can you please at least make the effort to appear as if you're doing something? if you walk past a bunch of drunk guys standing up, blocking everyone else's view, your job is not to ignore them and keep watching the game yourself, while leaving me, who get paid considerably less, to deal with it. thank you.

HSC
wuddie said:
re above - so what do you want the guy to do? i am sure it is not his job to make sure the computer is telling him the right info. so nor will it be his fault if the computer has told him the wrong stuff. he was given access to something far superior than a human brain, so he trusted it, what's wrong with that?
note: i'm not the angry customer here. if i was on that shift, i would be the one being abused. while it's not her fault the computer is wrong, double checking is one of the first things they tell you to do... see below.

so everytime you use the computer, say checking where a book is, would you physically walk over there and check whether the book is actually there (its presence and its location) before you come back and tell the customer? surely, you wouldn't.
that is exactly what you do. you check the computer, then you go to the shelf to MAKE SURE the computer is correct. our system is wrong SO OFTEN it's not funny, that's why i said it's there 'in theory'. do you know how angry people get when you tell them that you'll hold aside the book they want, and when they get there you say 'oops i made a mistake'? it's unprofessional. you check the shelf while on the phone to avoid these things.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
then you really ought to tell your boss that your computer data/record is no good and stop wasting your time. this is pointless. who in the name of god goes to check if the computer is right? it should be the other way around. i am not going to explain myself here, because i'd assume you'd be intelligent enough to work out my point. computer helps you, doesn't get you into trouble.

HSC
wuddie said:
then you really ought to tell your boss that your computer data/record is no good and stop wasting your time.
they know, and it's something that can't be fixed. computers aren't infallible. even if it was perfect, you have to check because there are a variety of reasons why it may not be on the shelf. customers are not very forgiving when it comes to this type of thing. why not avoid the hassle by actually doing your job right? as i said above, it's one of the FIRST things you're told. if you don't believe that this is the correct procedure, ask someone else who works in a book shop.

this is pointless. who in the name of god goes to check if the computer is right? it should be the other way around. i am not going to explain myself here, because i'd assume you'd be intelligent enough to work out my point. computer helps you, doesn't get you into trouble.
i see the logic behind this, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way because the computer has glitches. if you can't accept that, then put it this way; the computer's job is to tell you WHERE it is in the shop (which can also be inaccurate for a variety of reasons. hence you check).

gypo king

HSC
Re: Rules for Employees

wuddie said:
i'll start with a few:
- if you are committed to a shift, turn up to it punctually and don't complain. unless you have a doctor's certificate, and bring that in the next time you come to work.

- if you can't turn up to a shift, have the courtesy to ring (not text) your boss asap, explain yourself honestly and don't think your boss is a freaking moron.

- if you take a drink or something from your work, please pay for it, at discount rate at least. your boss is not running a charity, it's a business.

- if you turn up to work half spent, you might as well tell your boss you only want half the pay. just as you expect a payrise or rewards for good work, shouldn't you get penalised for not being up to scratch? it's a two way street.

let's see how far we can keep this going. love to see the enthusiasts from the other two threads be just as active in here.
ease up tiger. I reckon if u can get away with it and still have a job and the money, then u should do it whenever possible

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC

gypo king said:
ease up tiger. I reckon if u can get away with it and still have a job and the money, then u should do it whenever possible
it also makes a very unpleasant working environment for your superior (whom maybe not your boss) and your colleagues.

CieL

HSC

^ A-fucking-gree.

If you're paid to do a certain job, do it properly.

It might not matter to the workers at the bottom of the pyramid who just come in and bludge for money, but for the ones higher up who have to run and organise everything, it fucking sucks when people don't turn up without telling the superiors, work against the system, etc.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

cityrail staff:

it's 7:49 in the morning. The train sitting on the platform leaves at 7:51. The ticket machine is closed for some reason, so we have to buy our tickets from the window, which you are currently sitting at, talking on the phone. I don't care what you're talking about or who you're talking to or how important it is, you have a line of customers waiting to buy tickets and the seconds are ticking away until the train goes. Tell the person on the other end you'll be back with them in a minute, serve the 3 or so people in the line and get back on the phone when the train leaves. It's not hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)