Rules for Staff (1 Viewer)

Kiim2507

HSC
mmm poor training is awful.

A manager at my old job 'tested' the new employees by telling them to make a latte and a cappuccino by themselves, when she knew they didn't know how to use a coffee machine.

I told her I wasn't going to do it, because I didn't know how, and she said "Good, that's what I wanted you to say. The other girls just tried to make it or they asked someone else for help"

What the fuck was the point of that? Just teach them how to make the coffee, don't play mind games.
What an awful manager.
My training was alright...well for serving it was. Cooking was a disaster because they didn't really train me to know how to cook only to become cross trained (was going to become a manager) then suddenly we had no cooks so they kept rostering me on and I didn't know what to do!
Also I think because I had already been working at the store for 6+months then expected the same results in my cooking ability to my serving abilities which just wasn't realistic. Like if I had been a new employee they probably would've understood how hard it was for me but cos they knew me they we're like 'she'll be right'

random-1006

Banned
HSC
mmm poor training is awful.

A manager at my old job 'tested' the new employees by telling them to make a latte and a cappuccino by themselves, when she knew they didn't know how to use a coffee machine.

I told her I wasn't going to do it, because I didn't know how, and she said "Good, that's what I wanted you to say. The other girls just tried to make it or they asked someone else for help"

What the fuck was the point of that? Just teach them how to make the coffee, don't play mind games.
it might have seemed pointless, but it wasnt completely, it actually highlighted a very important safety issue, you shouldnt do something you havent been trained on, maybe the manager wasnt playing mind games, however, i do agree there could have been a much better way to get that message across

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It was just ridiculous that people were getting in trouble for doing what they were told, when the manager KNEW they didn't know how to do it.

Eugh she was a bitch.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
If you're a crew trainer, then please do your job and train people. The "training" I got was literally "you look smart enough, you can work it out yourself".
You're right, I can, but it takes a lot longer so things get stuffed up for longer.
So glad I'm not a crew trainer...

To whom it may concern
Please let us wear jumpers/long sleeve shirts while working for I fear I may freeze to death
Cheers
Yep:cold: , and also sunglasses when the glare from the sun strikes in mid-morning and sunset at the OT booth. It stings, and I don't care if it's not uniform, you try squinting for half an hour at a time!

HSC
Don't assign me responsibilities that I shouldn't have due to a lack of experience and knowledge and then get pissy when I ring you up asking for advice. Manage the store - it is in your job title.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Don't assign me responsibilities that I shouldn't have due to a lack of experience and knowledge and then get pissy when I ring you up asking for advice. Manage the store - it is in your job title.
Yeah, manage it instead of sitting in the office and calling your wife, your mistress, your best friend and your barber (btw you're balding) and then coming out, wondering why we're so behind- because we were down a set of hands whilst you sat gossiping, that's why.

oh-em-gee

HSC
If any of this has been said before... well, there's probably a reason for it ;)

1. If you are rostered, then be at work on time. I don't care if you're a casual, we pay you more because we expect you to turn up.
  2. If you are rostered, don't go swapping your shifts, especially not with some clueless staff person that can't tell left from up.
  3. If I'm telling you something, listen to me. I don't make rules up, and I don't like making it more difficult.
  4. If I'm speaking to someone else, don't interrupt. I won't interrupt you when you're talking, as long as you have a point.
  5. Smile! Not only does it make customers happier, I don't really want to come into work to see a crowd of miserable faces staring at me.
  6. Don't come into work and then start complaining about why you'd rather not be there. I'd rather you resign, to be honest.
  7. If you haven't been trained properly, let me know. I'm not a mind reader and would obviously rather train you than risk you making a mistake and/or hurting yourself.
  8. If I've told you to do something, then do it. If you get lucky and I don't pick up that you haven't done it, don't be happy - be afraid. It will be worse when I find out later (and I will find out later).
  9. I know that you are entitled to a break. I also know when we're likely to be quiet. DO NOT ask for a break when it's clearly busy.
  10. Finally, at the end of the day, we're all here to make money and then go home. So if you bother me on facebook, msn, etc about work, I will block you without warning.

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
I expect you to be friendly and polite with customers.
I do not expect you to call them "sir" or "madam".
However, there are no circumstances where it is acceptable to call them "mate", or worse, "buddy".
And calling them "bro" will get you sacked on the spot.

Treating women and elders with respect is Koranic.
Even white ones.
If you are someone to whom Koranic teaching matters, behave accordingly.

Never, ever, let me find you sitting at a table with your friends while there is a customer at the counter.

Do not tell me about how another staff member did this or didn't do that.
I can see for myself that they are not doing their job.
Yes, I do notice that it is you who cleans up after them or sorts out their screw ups.
And I do think better of you than of him because of it.
Be assured that good karma will come to you in the end.

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Dear coworkers, (they work?)

Please do not bludge and do absolutely nothing when you've finished what you've been assigned. In addition, please do not come in having had 4h sleep after a night of drinking. You are not at all pleasing to work with. In fact, just grow up and stop looking like stoners and sounding like morons. Actually, just get me a different job.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
However, there are no circumstances where it is acceptable to call them "mate", or worse, "buddy".

Treating women and elders with respect is Koranic.
Even white ones.
If you are someone to whom Koranic teaching matters, behave accordingly.

Never, ever, let me find you sitting at a table with your friends while there is a customer at the counter.

Do not tell me about how another staff member did this or didn't do that.
I can see for myself that they are not doing their job.
Yes, I do notice that it is you who cleans up after them or sorts out their screw ups.
And I do think better of you than of him because of it.
Be assured that good karma will come to you in the end.
Oh my. I got screamed at once my an ex-boss for calling a man 'mate'. NEVER AGAIN.
...and they occasionally get offended if I call them Sir.
How do I win? I can't.

Make the good karma come to the good workers sooner, that'd be nice :)

HSC
your job is to book private lessons. i accept that's going to take a while because your staff has been sent somewhere else, i know that's not your fault and i'm happy to wait. what i do not accept is you getting pissed off, acting like it's a massive inconvenience and attempting to get me to change when i can do the lesson because it's easier for you, then attending to someone who came in 10 minutes after me because it's easier. it's your job. if you're too lazy to do it, get a new one. i would understand if they were having a rush of customers and were totally snowed under. but there were three staff members, i was the only customer in there (except the girl who walked in after i had been there for quite a while).

..and they occasionally get offended if I call them Sir.
this happened to me once, the guy went totally nuts. he bellowed 'DON'T YOU EVER CALL ME SIR' about five times. wtf, its a polite greeting you moron, how else am i supposed to address you?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Hahaha, I use "mate" a lot at work. But I do work in a very casual environment, where a formal greeting would be just so odd.

nanakid12

HSC
Time to get this thread started again, me thinks!

1. Get on a big register.
2. STAY on big register.
3. Do not serve on express register, when you have a big register. Express register is my (the supervisor's) register.
4. Do not bitch to me about having to serve customers WHILE YOU ARE SERVING CUSTOMERS.
5. Actually do something, don't stand there.
6. Have some respect... don't backchat me when I tell you to do something.
7. Don't take extended breaks and whinge when I call you back.
8. I'm sick of gossip about people I don't know. Piss off.
9. Stop gossiping about people that I like, and you obviously know I like.
10. I don't think a workplace is the best place to discuss how many times you've had sex. Save it for the grandparents.

Last edited:

BigBadBader

HSC
To hungry jacks employees, i get that you want to enjoy your time working there and shit, but when i order my food and all 10 of you decide to crack an inside joke instead of getting my order really annoys me, have a joke, just dont let it take 6 mins....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)