Rumours of changes in the HSC or new HSC altogether??? (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Yea, true.
Although they did change the format of the SOR exam for '04ers (i.e. Section III - if that's the final section). I'm just wondering whether students were told beforehand about that particular change in the SOR exam...anyone?
Yes I was aware of it whilst i was doing the prelim in 2003.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
where did you get that from?^^^

If anyone is interested in possible changes, you can look at things via the board website by going through either:
• the whats new section
• the official notices
• the board bulletin
(all accessed on the lefthand side of the page from memory)

As for SOR, there are no planned changes for 2005 at this stage. The new syllabus is for 2007 (or maybe 2008..I cant remember as the dates are a little vague). And yes, the class of 04 was notified about the changes to their HSC in SOR as the board notified all schools about 1/2 way through 2003. Official notice came out at the end of 03 and the ASR (association for SOR) sent stuff out in early 04..if a student didnt know, they were not listening in class!!

If it were me, I wouldnt be listening to any rumours as changes are occuring all the time across the subjects and it is these changes that become the "major/across the board" rumours that circulate. Your teachers will know what is going on...
stupid typos

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
snapperhead said:
As for SOR, there are no planned changes for 2005 at this stage. The new syllabus is for 2007 (or maybe 2008..I cant remember as the dates are a little vague). And yes, the class of 04 was notified about the changes to their HSC in SOR as the board notified all schools about 1/2 way through 2003. Official notice came out at the end of 03 and the ASR (association for SOR) sent stuff out in early 04..if a student didnt know, they were not listening in class!!
So the extended response for Section III will stay until further notice??

But I notice that the extended response is basically an "extended" version of he last part of Section III (01-03), which used to be worth ~10 marks. Why did they need to change it?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
So the extended response for Section III will stay until further notice??

But I notice that the extended response is basically an "extended" version of he last part of Section III (01-03), which used to be worth ~10 marks. Why did they need to change it?
Well from memory i think (correct me if wrong snapperhead) one reason for the 20 mark last question for SOR was to be able to compare student responses amongst all the other humanity subjects. All the humanity subjects had atleast one 20 mark question except SOR before the change.

A l

HSC
N/A
Imagine this, lol! The "NEWER" HSC!!! (Since the "NEW" HSC was introduced in 2001)

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
I know that the BoS is trying to make all the beginners languages the same or more similar in what is assumed vocab/topics and exam style, so there is an 'average' level of competency and fluency reached no matter what language studied. The weightings for different components is going to be made the same - eg. atm, in french beginners writing makes up 10% of marks while in italian beg its 15% (or is it 20%?), dunno, but they're not the same. There might be a siimlar change for the continuers courses, but i only know of beginners changing for certain. teachers were consulted mid-late last year, so it may take a few more years before its actually implemented.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Abraham Gorilla said:
The Board of Studies reports that in order to modernise the Mathematics course, the "New - New HSC" mathematics examination will feature questions such as "Outline the effects of the feminst movement on mathematics", or "Analyse the effectiveness of Multiculturalism in making mathematics more accessible to minority groups".

Students will now be assessed on their ability to understand verbs. The Board of Studies believes that this is a step in the right direction for a subject whose archaic content was long outdated and a throwback to the days of apartheid and chauvanism.

Furthermore, the Board says all science related courses will have their syllabi changed to include the words "context" and "society" a lot more frequently, to bring them in line with non-science courses. Due to the fact that the chemistry syllabus is already far too big, this modernisation will come at the cost of some science.

Not surprisingly, the Board has indicated that the English and Drama courses will remain unchanged.
LOL awesome...it will b a sad day for education in general if the BOS even slightly does this

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Phanatical said:
For the classes of 2001 and 2002, there weren't any fucking textbooks out.
But according to the official BOS textbook list many of them were published in 2000...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)