Running list of key examples for Bio Trials/HSC (1 Viewer)

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
u know what happened tho? i did the mc like before my trials when i had no knowledge of anything, and i got this one mc wrong right? it was a SCNT thingy. Anyway i was so confident that the trial paper was wrong so I emailed my teacher. THe answer was D and she was like "i can see why you would've put B"

I put A

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Describe one cause and the effects of a named genetic disease (3)

Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic Fibrosis is a recessive genetic disease caused by the inheritance of two mutated CFTR alleles.

This causes a non-functional CFTR protein to be produced, which affects salt and water balance in the body, and causes over-production of thick and sticky mucus. This causes infections in the lungs and intestines as the mucus traps harmful pathogens in the body. Similarly, it is much harder for a CF patient to breathe.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Describe one cause and the effects of a named genetic disease (3)

Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic Fibrosis is a recessive genetic disease caused by the inheritance of two mutated CFTR alleles.

This causes a non-functional CFTR protein to be produced, which affects salt and water balance in the body, and causes over-production of thick and sticky mucus. This causes infections in the lungs and intestines as the mucus traps harmful pathogens in the body. Similarly, it is much harder for a CF patient to breathe.
id talk about trisomy 21 wait ill write a response when im bothered

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Describe a technique used to introduce transgenic genes into plants. You may use diagrams to support your answer (5)

1- whats agrobacterium in detail
2- Diagram??????????????

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Describe a technique used to introduce transgenic genes into plants. You may use diagrams to support your answer (5)

1- whats agrobacterium in detail
2- Diagram??????????????
Recombinant plasmids and DNA??? Using a virus vector??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)