• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ruse (1 Viewer)

mistermouse

Originally posted by dieselboi
are Ruse ppl normal?
what goes on in the school? do the teachers have some sort of intelligence-inducing pill that makes em all smart?
Or do they (like normal schools) go through the same stuff as us, ie. parties, shopping, sports etc.?
some of us r normal (ish) but most r freaks. i mean, we like alcohol, loud music and sex..who likes those things?
(that was sarcastic)
ruse ppl r either (a) very hard working and intelligent (the 99.999999ers) or (b) loafers n bums like me

mistermouse

Originally posted by Light Blue
lol That's your opinion. In my opinion they are fairly normal. Sure they're not perfect examples of average Australians (who, meaning no offence, are really, really stupid: again my opinion) but they still do normal things. They do all the things other schools do (except for shopping-which is just plain uncommon, maybe even rare or unique).
lightblue..neo_o and i go to ruse..trust us..we are NOT normal!!

Light Blue

HSC
N/A
So you're saying that I don't go to ruse?

And, um, were you that guy who was, uh, let's say shooting 'stuff' at the V-day assembly?;)

Last edited:

mistermouse

well, you said that you knew ppl who went there. this implies, i am afraid, that you do not.
if you do, tell me who you are. if you bother to look at ho i am you'll know who i am.
to make it easier im the huge white prefect who was in drama prod and musical and plays rugby.

Light Blue

HSC
N/A
Well, the thing is that I'm new at the school (Year 11 now) so I'm reluctant at calling us...well us! So I said 'they' instead of 'we'.

Originally posted by mistermouse
bahahahahaha okk you know me :D
Hehe, I thought so. I took a look at the Yearbook, saw you and I'm like "Hey, it's that guy!"

mistermouse

*shudders* o yeh....
the pain, the humiliation...
yeh, if youd been here last yr i was (as is obvious in drama page) conned into humiliating myself..
gah!
rate the suckiest things at ruse:
*teachers
*magic cards
*MJQ
*maths
*other (specify)

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
You clearly don't know what a gifted person is. You also assume smart people can be bothered with the mundaness which is the HSC syllabus.
KeypadSDM you, who topped Ext 2, didn't study at all and were completely unfamiliar with the course :rofl: To go well at anything you must put in effort, are you saying that people who got UAIs of >99 put in nihil effort. I read in a post that you went to English tuition, a maths enrichment day, did 700 pages of past papers etc. Were you implying that you didn't bother with the mundane HSC - or what exactly :rolleyes:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Zarathustra
KeypadSDM you, who topped Ext 2, didn't study at all and were completely unfamiliar with the course :rofl: To go well at anything you must put in effort, are you saying that people who got UAIs of >99 put in nihil effort. I read in a post that you went to English tuition, a maths enrichment day, did 700 pages of past papers etc. Were you implying that you didn't bother with the mundane HSC - or what exactly :rolleyes:
LoL- so true! :p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by Light Blue

And, um, were you that guy who was, uh, let's say shooting 'stuff' at the V-day assembly?;) [/B]
If anyone needs clarifaction the 'stuff" was a certain someone running around in nothing but a giant diaper shooting arrows at people back in Feb at an assembly ;-)

Light Blue

HSC
N/A
No, the stuff was lollipops. Well, he didn't really shoot it but meh.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
You're still assuming I epitomise gifted people who attempt the HSC. You dolt.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
You're still assuming I epitomise gifted people who attempt the HSC. You dolt.
I find it verging on the point of the ridiculous to assume that no gifted people attempt the HSC - this means you who are, by your own definition, not gifted - were not beaten by any of these supposedly gifted people - this leads to two possible conclusions
  1. No gifted candidates were competing against you (you were the most intelligent person)
  2. There were more intelligent candidates, they just didn't put in the effort you did
    [/list=1]

- On a side note Richard Feynman who was regarded as a genius had an IQ of 120, why did he achieve so much? - effort
    You dummkopf:D

Last edited:

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
I find it verging on the point of the ridiculous to assume that no gifted people attempt the HSC
I never said that.

You also assume smart people can be bothered with the mundaness which is the HSC syllabus.
That's what I said. Although I may have implied that no gifted people attempt the HSC, alot of them get over the crappy syllabus realising that getting into UNI is of higher priority than bitching about stupid courses.

That being said, alot of gifted people, who could undoubtedly have beaten me at my school were dissuaded by the syllabuses (syllabi) and thought their time would be better spent on 'real' learning.

mistermouse

oh god you guys are full of crap. and shane and the random new person can now cease talking about me (123kg front rower) in a diaper dressed as cupid. thank you.

Kirsti

HSC
Merewether High doesn't offer standard english though there are so many of us that wanted it :(
They only started a general maths after my year complained greatly and even so i think there's only about 10 people in general and 14 in 2u. (compared to 48 in 4u. seems out of proportion) most do 3u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)